Which do you prefer; carpet floor mats from Sling Mods, or floor mats from Cycle Springs?

• I originally had the mats from Cycle Springs. To me they just felt too power sports-ish. So, now I have the Ultimats from Slingmods and they are comfortable and feel like they take the interior to another level.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Our experience was stock to Gen II mats... That passenger leg well acts like a bass reflex speaker and has a booming drone aimed right at the passenger. The Gen II mats subdued that beast and added a little more heat barrier...

Whats best... can't say but I know automotive carpet in an open cab is a B to clean....

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• After having both types of mats for around 6 months each I can say that both types are equally as easy and equally as difficult to keep clean in their own ways. One thing I did notice between the two options is the carpet mats will absorb and hold rocks and small debris. So, you can just pull them out, beat them out, vacuum, and re-install them. The Cycle Springs mats do not absorb small debris. So, it would collect on the sides and sometimes go under the mats. This was starting to scratch the plastic surface that they were intended to protect.

Another option is to get the DEI heat kit from Slingmods to keep the heat and noise down from your engine bay and transmission tunnel. Lots of great options out there now for the slings. There was even an eBay seller that had carpet mats with heat resistant backing. But, cannot find them anymore.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• After having both types of mats for around 6 months each I can say that both types are equally as easy and equally as difficult to keep clean in their own ways. One thing I did notice between the two options is the carpet mats will absorb and hold rocks and small debris. So, you can just pull them out, beat them out, vacuum, and re-install them. The Cycle Springs mats do not absorb small debris. So, it would collect on the sides and sometimes go under the mats. This was starting to scratch the plastic surface that they were intended to protect.

Another option is to get the DEI heat kit from Slingmods to keep the heat and noise down from your engine bay and transmission tunnel. Lots of great options out there now for the slings. There was even an eBay seller that had carpet mats with heat resistant backing. But, cannot find them anymore.

Did you notice a difference in heat and/or noise blocking ability? Do both dry out nicely after rain? How do the Cycle springs mats feel?

Both seem to be great companies; both seem to have great service, nice online presence, and instructive how to videos (I particularly like SlingKing's style and candor). Both products seem good, and a big step up from the bare plastic footwell (I understand that Polaris probably had to do this to save weight). Both sets of floormats seem to have pros and cons.

• Hey Hurricane!
    I have not purchased any yet either, but after seeing what @BONES did, I'm going to copy that. (sorry Jay!) He has the plush Slingmods mats, and then installed the Cycle Springs side wall mats. It looks awesome!! However, with that said, I think the biggest part of that great look is the installation job Jay did. He was very meticulous with the side walls, which can be a little difficult to get perfect! I'm sure he'll chime in here, but he said a noticeable reduction in heat and noise.

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Did you notice a difference in heat and/or noise blocking ability? Do both dry out nicely after rain? How do the Cycle springs mats feel?
    Both seem to be great companies; both seem to have great service, nice online presence, and instructive how to videos (I particularly like SlingKing's style and candor). Both products seem good, and a big step up from the bare plastic footwell (I understand that Polaris probably had to do this to save weight). Both sets of floormats seem to have pros and cons.

That is an excellent question. When the CS mats are wet they can be a bit slippery, but dry out nicely/quickly as they are a foam rubber type material. The carpet mats take longer to dry out but do not get slippery. The CS mats have some cushion, but are stiffer than the carpet mats. I did not notice any heat or noise difference between the two styles of mats. The carpet mats have a rubber backing and a dense pile, so they seem to have the same affect on noise and heat as the CS mats.

You can't go wrong with either vendor or product. It all came down to a look I was going for with Wraith.

• Hey Hurricane!
    I have not purchased any yet either, but after seeing what @BONES did, I'm going to copy that. (sorry Jay!) He has the plush Slingmods mats, and then installed the Cycle Springs side wall mats. It looks awesome!! However, with that said, I think the biggest part of that great look is the installation job Jay did. He was very meticulous with the side walls, which can be a little difficult to get perfect! I'm sure he'll chime in here, but he said a noticeable reduction in heat and noise.

I like the look of the mat & like the detail the Gen 2 gives as well, that's why I went with my set up. Like Wraith said I like to just bitch slap mats and clean! Mats don't get dirty though as I put towels over them as well, yeah I have issues :D I think mats are more comfortable on feet as well. Each there own, any question like this your gunna get different opinions/ thoughts. I'm happy with my setup. like Conn said, nice thing about Gen 2 on sidewalls is heat reduction is said to be dissipated as well...

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• I too have had several of each,Cycle Springs Gen II ended up being my choice........ :) Happy with the look and ease of cleaning .

Slingshot SL "KEEP OFF"
    BUILD DATE 12/14 VIN# 2235

2015 Slingshot SL
    2004 HD V-Rod
    2003 Dodge Ram Hemi
    1999 Corvette convertible

• I like the look of the mat & like the detail the Gen 2 gives as well, that's why I went with my set up. Like Wraith said I like to just bitch slap mats and clean! Mats don't get dirty though as I put towels over them as well, yeah I have issues :D I think mats are more comfortable on feet as well. Each there own, any question like this your gunna get different opinions/ thoughts. I'm happy with my setup. like Conn said, nice thing about Gen 2 on sidewalls is heat reduction is said to be dissipated as well...

Well, it would be all fine and dandy if you'd cover up that big black smudge on the left side of your radio.......it keeps drawing my eyes away from everything else!!!! :00010317::00000019::00008172:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Well, it would be all fine and dandy if you'd cover up that big black smudge on the left side of your radio.......it keeps drawing my eyes away from everything else!!!!

No idea what your talking about!!! :00000014::00008356:

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• I use ZEP 40 on most any surface (except paint) works great - on the gen 2 matts spray it on and wipe it off with an old towel.
    I will have some with me at Maggie if you haven't seen this stuff work it is great. Works great on the back plastic and the sides as well.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• No idea what your talking about!!! :00000014::00008356:

Just wanted to make ya look!!! I think you're on to me by now though......I gotta change up my routine now...Damnit!!!! :D

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Was thinking about something like this for my '15 orange SL LE... Thoughts?!

amazed-squaredvampire-squaredfrozen-squaredsick-squared:00000461: ........No...really.....I like it......you really should do it....it's you for sure......be sure to post pics so everyone will be envious of you as well :00000436: