Leaking Front Angle Drive, is Polaris taking care of this?

• Replaced the front angle drive seal again this morning ( warrenty ). First time was at 7,000 miles, this time at 29,000 miles. Also tomorrow I am going to change the gear oil again, 20,000 miles since I put the Royal Purple in the first time. Installed the new tire yesterday ( General AS-03 ) also changing the oil this week getting ready for Blairsville on the 28. Drove my buddies SS this morning, did not think it was going to stop, soft pedal and no master cylinder brace also with the stock pads. He also drove mine and said "Man What a Difference" he will order the brace and we will bleed the brakes again tomorrow. He also fell in love with the DDM short shifter. 101 degrees at 11 AM he also found out what it felt like to ride with a top. He has the flip up top on order.

• This was covered on Warranty? What was the criteria for that and how do I play?

we had a rear end noise, clicking and popping.. the belt was tracking way off the drive pulley. Steve had also requested the second axle nut installed, which they had to order. The dealer kept the sling for 10 days ( much to our aggrevation), waiting on the ordered axle nut, but told us they could not reproduce the noise from the rear. However, when we picked it up, we had a new belt. It appears someone reproduced the noise, and thought we needed the belt replaced... or the belt showed signs of wear. We were not privy to their reasons for installing a new belt, but it was covered under warranty.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Belt should last the life of the rig. It gets abused when the rear bearings give out and or the angle drive gives out. Things get out of alignment, and the belt is the first victim. Really.

Scurry back to the dealer for any untoward noise. You have been warned.

• Belt should last the life of the rig. It gets abused when the rear bearings give out and or the angle drive gives out. Things get out of alignment, and the belt is the first victim. Really.

Scurry back to the dealer for any untoward noise. You have been warned.

thanks for the warning, we always have our ears open for noise when it comes to the sling. The front angle drive was found to be leaking, and they fixed that also.
    The belt tension, whether too loose or too tight, would damage the belt as well, right? Or has that been decided as a secondary issue, or result of the worn ball bearings?

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• SO.....I had an interesting discussion with the service manager at my local dealer today when I went to pick up my Sling from its 5000 mile maintenance check.

I changed my angle drive fluid a couple weeks ago, switched it to Royal Purple 75w-140. He told me that "most" of their owners who have switched to the Royal Purple have expressed some small amount of seepage past the seals in the angle drive. Apparently, Polaris doesn't recommend Royal Purple, because it's "too thin." Their Polaris brand is more viscous.

But wait a minute, you say, it's 75w-140, which is the prescribed gear oil weight. All 75w-140 should be the same. Yes, true, and you know the difference? For your viewing pleasure, the Polaris brand.

You will notice, there is no weight listed on the bottle. And the gentleman at the dealership has no idea what weight it is. But, that is apparently the recommended fluid.

Anyone ever heard of this? And, has anyone who has used Royal Purple or any other 75w-140 oil experienced "new" seepage? @V-SHOT @av8ingtom

• No new seepage. My only complaint, my angle drive is so quiet now, I can hear everything. I mean everything!!! Before you make any assumptions...I'm talking about the new stereo!!!! Seriously though, I am thoroughly happy with Royal Purple! Never going back to the "No-Label" stuff!

• I've been running Redline Shockproof in mine for over 3,000 miles, and no seepage so far!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I have a leaking seal on the angle drive and it's still the factory oil in it. That's one of the items it was taken in for along with the recalls. Your service guy is wrong. They leak with whatever brand apparently.

• After changing the pinion seal, had the dealer refill with Amsoil 75-140, after 3000 miles, no seepage, no leaks.
    Still noisey, at times terribly noisey, depending on torque and load, less noise once above 55 MPH.
    Considering how many differentials have been made since the advent of the Model-T, I continue to believe it is either a poor design or cheap or simply low bid. You get what you pay for. Time will tell, it still works and howls merrily along.

• New owner here just bought a 2016 white LE with 800 miles and noticed spots under angle drive, guess Ill have to wait for registration in my name before I can take to dealer,Loving the ride and while irritating to already have a problem glad to see they are taking care of them.