Planning a road trip to Sundre, Canada

• Renton and Port Angeles will be the two major stops.
    I hadn't thought about a place to stay! That's what happens when you usually carry your bed with you.

@sideseatdriver, Jared will be so awed by what he sees, he'll be planning a trip for all of you sooner than expected!

Depending on timing maybe you can meet up with @SlingLow and me for the trip to Sundre. Maybe Spokane?

• Man, I just read all this help you are getting, why not have somebody do the driving and you look at all the sights. Is this a bucket list or just cause?
    This is kinda like, Meet Bill Martin Trip.
    If you have that kind of time come on down to my part of the country, all flat , no hills,twistes or no cool air ,especially in July.
    Anyway sounds like a great adventure and be careful, keep your phone charged. Have fun, but remember when you get home from a long trip alone, you are gonna get THE LOOK, cause she had to stay with kids alone. Get ready! JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I've been to see both Mt. Rushmore, and Crazy Horse. Both are worth seeing, we even went to the night show at Mt. Rushmore. But.... having seen all that while I was out there, I'd take Needles Highway before seeing either of these.... especially with Jared's time frame of what he wants to accomplish. One good shot of over the hood as you enter the "Needle" would be a guaranteed cover shot for the 2019 calendar.....

Can you even stuff a Slingshot down that piece of road?

• Can you even stuff a Slingshot down that piece of road?

Yes, no problem just pay attention. You have maybe a foot of clearance (per side) at best. I saw a tour bus go through it, and it had plenty of clearance at the bottom, the top was close though. They crawled through it, with someone walking in front to make sure it didn't hit. It was close, but made it.

• Man, I just read all this help you are getting, why not have somebody do the driving and you look at all the sights. Is this a bucket list or just cause?
    If you have that kind of time come on down to my part of the country, all flat , no hills,twistes or no cool air ,especially in July.
    Anyway sounds like a great adventure and be careful, keep your phone charged. Have fun, but remember when you get home from a long trip alone, you are gonna get THE LOOK, cause she had to stay with kids alone. Get ready! JUST SAYIN

If your goin to Laredo it’s gotta be to see you - it damn sure ain’t the scenery.....

Just sayin :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

No, this is for the Sundre Slingfest '18.

Sundre Sling Fest (Jul 27th-29th 2018)

And having someone drive for me sounds nice, but I don't fit well in the passenger seat, plus it's more fun for me to drive, that way I can do it the way I want it. LOL

• Well, that seems to be the consensus, although since I haven't driven out there, I was only going off some of the other bike forums and such. Believe me, I'm happy to leave it home.

I have done many trips now in the Sling in the 3000 + Miles range. In year 1, I took along a gas can and never used it. The Sling travels a good 4 hours per tank of fuel. You will always find something along major routes which will allow you to fill up.

I am looking at a trip to Alaska however for next year.... C4sRTrEN6EK2

That trip I may take a tank with me as I am not sure what there is for Fuel further up along the highway as you head north.

• @KayTwo have you firmed up your schedule and route or is it still a work in progress? I am planning on making this trip.

@SlingLow, the short answer is that I haven't really looked into this too much in the last couple weeks. It's been pretty crazy around here, especially with some extra work stuff.

Longer answer: there's still some flex, but I'm planning on being into the general vicinity of Cody WY late on Tuesday, then make the run from there to just shy of GNP in northern MT on Weds, then start Thursday with GNP, nip over the border into Canada, and end in Sundre reasonably early on Thursday. So, if you want to hook up on the road somewhere in MT, it would likely be anywhere from midday to dinnertime on Weds.

• Sounds like a plan to make a plan. I don't need to firm up my plans just yet but will decide on timing and route when I know if meeting up with you to finish the ride is an option. I'm juggling an extended family reunion prior to the Sundre event, a trip my wife is making to SoCal for a work conference in between, and the Sundre festival. I know it'll work out and if we don't meet up on the way up I may also have the option of riding up with @BryanL although I think he is still working on his schedule as well. I could also ride back with him or you through Montana depending on everyone's schedule and route. I'm really looking forward to the road trip and festival. It's likely going to be the only event I make this year and my most extensive ROAD TRIP!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Sounds like a plan to make a plan. I don't need to firm up my plans just yet but will decide on timing and route when I know if meeting up with you to finish the ride is an option. I'm juggling an extended family reunion prior to the Sundre event, a trip my wife is making to SoCal for a work conference in between, and the Sundre festival. I know it'll work out and if we don't meet up on the way up I may also have the option of riding up with @BryanL although I think he is still working on his schedule as well. I could also ride back with him or you through Montana depending on everyone's schedule and route. I'm really looking forward to the road trip and festival. It's likely going to be the only event I make this year and my most extensive ROAD TRIP!

Well, the only juggling I'm doing right now is the exact time I'm rolling through MT Wednesday on the way to GNP. It's definitely going to be daytime, because I'm starting out that day with a drive through Beartooth Pass, and I'm definitely doing that during the day, probably pretty early in the morning depending on how close I get to Cody the day before. And I want to finish reasonably close to the entrance to GNP in order to start Thursday in a good place.

I can alter the route through MT a bit, because there's nothing I *have* to see between Beartooth and GNP. So if you want me to bend a bit to the west so you can pick up the route and cut north, we can definitely do that. That's why I said, most likely mid-day to late afternoon to catch up on the road. So let me know if you can juggle enough to make it, and I'll flex to you on meeting location. First beer's on me.

• First beer's on me.

So we're meeting for breakfast? I thought you said midday. Kidding! I just rolled in and will check out the map tonight. I've been jonesin' for a trip through GNP and chose to bypass it the last motorhome trip we made through Montana. We'll find a place to meet up. Right now I've got an acre+ of grass to mow - I need some cows...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)