New Slingshot.

• Welcome Mike! Tons of info here, and given by some really great people! If you narrow down what you think you might be interested in and ask, someone on here has likely has done the mod before. There's many mods for these, considering they've only been on the market for 3 years.

Also, the search function works pretty well, and can be found at the upper right of the screen. Enjoy!

• Purchased a Sling Shot a few months ago from Cycle Springs in Palm Harbor Fl. Live in Pasco Fl. Looking for some advice on modifications and people to ride with. Thank you Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Welcome Mike, I'm in Clearwater Beach area and a newer member of this forum. You will find most of the people on here are eager and very willing to help you spend your money on your new toy. This is my SS and I've done all of my own work so let me know what ever you need help with.

RNJ12

• Welcome Mike, I'm in Clearwater Beach area and a newer member of this forum. You will find most of the people on here are eager and very willing to help you spend your money on your new toy. This is my SS and I've done all of my own work so let me know what ever you need help with.

RNJ12

Nice ride. I’m not mechanical savvy. Been going through the threads and right now maybe small mods. Do you ride with others? Thank you Mike

• Welcome, I will echo what everyone else has said.

Also a newbie, mine is 2 months old. Many mods are very well documented and explained, so even a novice paying attention can do them. For bigger stuff, or things way outside your comfort range, leave it to the gearheads and wrenches. I've added LED's, and curb monitor, videos walk you thru every step. But not going for the big-buck power boosting add ons. Mine have been for comfort or safety, little bling along the way.

There are a few clubs around Florida, you can google or possibly find on facebook as well. The forum also has a regional section where you can post your location. That's where I found Central Florida Slingers in the west Orlando area.

Have fun, its a blast, especially in our 'full-season' of sun!

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• Purchased a Sling Shot a few months ago from Cycle Springs in Palm Harbor Fl. Live in Pasco Fl. Looking for some advice on modifications and people to ride with. Thank you Mike

Oooohhhh!! Florida, you’ll have lots of folks to ride with. Welcome to the land of the daddy of all money pits. Enjoy your stay :thumbsup:

• Mike, congrats and welcome! You're lucky inasmuch as you bought from one of the most knowledgeable SS dealers in the country. Here's a link for Florida rides:
    events
    On Mods, suggest you look at Slingmods and Slingshotonly sites as well as pics on this forum to see what tickles your fancy. When many of us first got Slings there were almost no mods at all and many were self invented. Now there's a flood of them, lots of choices. It's all about what you like and what you're willing to spend. Good Luck!

• Get with a group and ride so many things I thought I loved and saw in person and didn't like and vice versa. The bigger the group the more variety of after market you will see. When I bought mine it was a very limited market for parts. Shift nobs, a couple steering wheels, 2 or 3 different exhaust options and some other shiny dress up stuff. There is so much now which is awesome but makes it harder to choose.

• Welcome to SS world. There are many mods you can do even with basic tools and skills. And as others have said, there is lots of advice and help available both here and with other groups (such as Facebook’s Central Florida Slingers). I am a Nova Scotian Snowbird who winters in Zephyrhills. While I bought my SS in Canada, I have had recall work done at Cycle Springs. A great dealer. About exhaust - I have Welter Duals and like both the look and the sound. And I and my SS will be arriving in Florida by Nov 22, so will be pleased to meet and give a live sound bite!!

• Welcome to SS world. There are many mods you can do even with basic tools and skills. And as others have said, there is lots of advice and help available both here and with other groups (such as Facebook’s Central Florida Slingers). I am a Nova Scotian Snowbird who winters in Zephyrhills. While I bought my SS in Canada, I have had recall work done at Cycle Springs. A great dealer. About exhaust - I have Welter Duals and like both the look and the sound. And I and my SS will be arriving in Florida by Nov 22, so will be pleased to meet and give a live sound bite!!

Add me as well.

RNJ12

• @mikeeg911 my advice is ride a little. Start thinking about what you want; performance, style, convenience, etc. then start a list cause it just keeps coming.

I echo what the others are saying. If you see something you like search it. There is a thread or two.

If you do t see it and ask they will be quick to point you to the thread. It is all good and fun.

Welcome to the best forum family out there!!

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

Edited once, last by SlingRider ().

• Clearwater Beach is one of our favourite beach/restaurant/bar areas. We are hoping for a beach day soon after we arrive. Hopefully the weather cooperates!!!

I'm still learning the area but we have the min street from Clearwater Beach all the way to St Pete Beach and treasure island and all the beaches in between down pat. A few great food places down and looking for a few more.

RNJ12