All lights comes on and engine loses power

• I would like to know if anyone with the issues listed below have had a permanent fix by the dealer.
    My 2016 SS SL had power steering go out with yellow dash light stays on from the 2nd. day of ownership. Many tries, not fixed. Now when driving many lights comes on (Brake, Engine, traction, abs, & couple of more light). After a while all but engine lights goes off. Been to dealer, they cleaned the rust around the battery, tighten the battery nuts. Soon after driving all issue reoccur. Now they “checked all grounds and even added new grounds”. Half a mile from dealer same issues happens. Now owner is ordering all new harness. Made it sounds like he has to fight to convince Polaris to do that. Polaris is supposed to remotely connect to run a diagnostics per service.

Sorry for lengthy explanation. Thanks

• Power harness is an ongoing issue. Mine was different, but I would suggest you have your dealer check the Jcase fuse block. Pull the fuses and confirm inside is not starting to overheat at the connectors. Also have them check the back plug of the Jcase to the harness.

Dealer will need to make a strong arguement.

If you have any mods they will push back

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• I would like to know if anyone with the issues listed below have had a permanent fix by the dealer.
    My 2016 SS SL had power steering go out with yellow dash light stays on from the 2nd. day of ownership. Many tries, not fixed. Now when driving many lights comes on (Brake, Engine, traction, abs, & couple of more light). After a while all but engine lights goes off. Been to dealer, they cleaned the rust around the battery, tighten the battery nuts. Soon after driving all issue reoccur. Now they “checked all grounds and even added new grounds”. Half a mile from dealer same issues happens. Now owner is ordering all new harness. Made it sounds like he has to fight to convince Polaris to do that. Polaris is supposed to remotely connect to run a diagnostics per service.

Sorry for lengthy explanation. Thanks

@Ruptured Duck this anything similar to what you experienced?

@slingedout welcome aboard - you came to the right place for help. I think even the Polaris engineers lurk in the background looking for answers

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• @Ruptured Duck this anything similar to what you experienced?
    @slingedout welcome aboard - you came to the right place for help. I think even the Polaris engineers lurk in the background looking for answers

nope... Mine would give no warning before going dead.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Would like to suggest that you try removing the fuse for your radio, disabling the entire infotainment system and back-up camera. If it is a short anywhere in those systems- maybe you can isolate it. 2016 models had a problem with faulty back-up cameras. If there is a short somewhere, it can fry main harness and ECU.

• @slingedout just make sure your dealer says no mods to Polaris.

Geramme at Owen Motorsports in Charleston, IL has a ton of experience with electrical issues on the SS. Might have your tech shoot him a call

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• On mine the steering locked and the power steering yellow lights stays on intermittently. Dealer readjusted something to do with steering turning sensor. My dealer don’t give me crap but returns to me unfixed. So I called Polaris and gave them a piece of my mind. They put me on hold and called my dealership followed by a call from the owner. Asked me to bring backs my ss. It’s been more than a month and this problem not fixed. Never been able to do a meaningful ride. Always turning around to head back to the dealer. They know this so no crap from them like I said. I will have to respectfully tell them about Owen Motorsport in Charleston ill as SlingRider has suggested and see what happens.

• If you had the same problem as I am having with all dash board lights coming on and Owens been able to fix it as in it has not came back on? When my lights comes on I neglected to mention my engine buckles and trans loses power unless I shift up. Thanks, like to know if they found a fix if you had the same issue.

• Power harness is an ongoing issue. Mine was different, but I would suggest you have your dealer check the Jcase fuse block. Pull the fuses and confirm inside is not starting to overheat at the connectors. Also have them check the back plug of the Jcase to the harness.

Dealer will need to make a strong arguement.

If you have any mods they will push back

I called dealer told this to service foreman, he says no, no, it’s a separate circuit.

• My headlights stayed on (2016 model) when the ignition key was removed, after driving.

Polaris UK just said "Return to dealer 160 miles away." Some hope of that happening!

I removed EVERY fuse & relay. It made no difference. However, when the battery was disconncted, it fixed the problem and reset things. This happend repeatedly, sometimes draining the battery.

The result was that the rear of the fuse box was shorting out (effectively bypassing the fuse).

Feedback came back to me suggesting, Polaris UK didn't appear to give a fxxk, when advised by the dealer.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• I am glad that you did find the problem, this has happened on some other Slingshots. The fuse panel problem.

• I am glad that you did find the problem, this has happened on some other Slingshots. The fuse panel problem.

My only disappointment with this was the (now so common) problem of getting no help from Polaris UK. Once, they were a company that offers a service, second to none. Ever since I has owned the SlingShot, they are about as helpful as a chocolate tea pot... and to a "Good ol' British tea addict," that's now dam good at all.

I hope that one day someone in Polaris US HQ gets to read what they are like and does something about it. The product is GREAT! However it is not promoted well by the way that is run in the UK..

All the best, from UK_Paul