NEW WINDSHIELD FOR NEW SLINGSHADES and check out the fit on that Twist, Gullwing Top !

• I keep forgetting to take the wireless mag lights out after towing and end up running all over town looking like a farm truck , people have actually reminded me by saying, "oh those look nice " and its another Oh Shit moment for me ! Did it when I introduced myself to @Noel Hughes at Cycle Springs last spring, but he just chuckled and said what the hell are those ? Liked it enough, he gave me a wonderful tour of his entire operation and a busy one it is, at that ! There were numerous Slings out back sporting every possible mod known to man ! The man knows how to sell Slingshots !

• Customer photos of new windshield installs with the slingshade are arriving ! Bruce Wayne from Chicago posted his on T.D.S. here they are , We made some minor tweaks to the template to better fit the Slingshade and I think we nailed it ! Also I cant get over how much more like real glass the new hard coated poly looks !

• We straightened up the vertical sides to make them more parallel to the A arms and also to allow a little more airflow in for the hot summer weather, Im thinking of developing a sort of Baker air wing deflector that would mount on the A arms verses the windshield and help bring air in during the summer. Just awaiting a little more feedback regarding this airflow .

• Kev this one single mode has made my sling so much more civilized feeling! If/when you do develop air wings, I’d like them!

Well Ive been called a lot of things before , but civilized, now that's a first ! All kidding aside @Bruce Wayne , THANK YOU , With all my mods I,ve aimed to offer a different look, one not so far out there, but with that said, I do love all things Slingshot, Just wanted to offer alternatives.

• The first customer ridden Slingshots equipped with Slingshades are surfacing and one of the first, Dana Ward of Missouri Stole the show at Eureka Springs, Ozarks Invasion two weeks ago. Dana showed up with one of the most customized Slingshots sporting amongst everything else, the newest Slingshade! Needless to say it was a main attraction as everyone made sure to check out the new slingshade. Dana arrived with the typical Slingshot windshield but one look at our new Nascar Styled Windshield and he had us removing the one from our demo and trying it into the Slingshade for fit, He was ecstatic, "no other windshield fits the Slingshade like this" his words, not mine , but we couldn't agree more . After a bit of negotiating with other customers who had already purchased our last new windshield Dana left for Missouri with one installed.

While as you can see in the accompanying photos of Dana,s SS the fit is near perfect, but after conferring with Dana and another one of his Missouri buddies, whom has also ordered our new Nascar Styled Windshield, the decision was made to adjust our templates slightly to better accommodate the A post and roof lines of the Slingshade. Another main attraction which impressed the new Slingshade owners was that our tallboys are made to order, and the customer can determine just how high he wants his windshield.
    The new fibreglass base, being the backbone of our windshield design , provides for the side to side sweep that so well accommodates the Slingshade and the minimum 10 degrees more slope than any other windshield available, aligns the glazing surface up perfectly with the sloping lines of the Slingshade,s A posts.

What seat are in this black SS with the slingshade top and Nascar styles windshield. They look like they would be comfortable.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• What seat are in this black SS with the slingshade top and Nascar styles windshield. They look like they would be comfortable.

Those are Cipher 200X series, they are more "good looking " than comfortable @MiM has them so he can chime in, I have sat on them at a show that Cipher was on and they just didn't have enough padding for me personally but they sure look good.

These are the ones i wanted/tried

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• @kev the look of your windshield is really growing on me. My question is, what are the airflow characteristics into the cockpit as compared to F4 and other windshields that wrap around at the ends? I will likely stay topless (calm down ladies!) so I'm interested in it how it works without a top.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Those are Cipher 200X series, they are more "good looking " than comfortable @MiM has them so he can chime in, I have sat on them at a show that Cipher was on and they just didn't have enough padding for me personally but they sure look good.
    These are the ones i wanted/tried

What brand/model are those?

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Real Nice Kev, I probably will never own a slingshade....so I'm wondering if the windshield attaches in any way to the slingshade...or is it totally independant meaning I could use it on my SS using the factory windshield attachments?

• @kev the look of your windshield is really growing on me. My question is, what are the airflow characteristics into the cockpit as compared to F4 and other windshields that wrap around at the ends? I will likely stay topless (calm down ladies!) so I'm interested in it how it works without a top.

I cant say it enough, Improved Aerodynamics ! , Thanks @SlingLow for the question , while there is no doubt there are some good airflowing windshields out there, and F4 is certainly one of them, there is however,always room for improvement, in the Slingshot environment, improved aerodynamics is a venue with lots of room for expansion !
    We learned many many decades ago that a simple fibreglass fairing wrapped around the tire of a small aircraft , known as wheel pants, was the single most affordable, beneficial, mod that could be added to a small aircraft for gains in airspeed.
    Without going into a too big and longwinded technical discussion here, induced drag, parasite drag, and equivalent flat plate area, are all areas that have to cleaned up on the Slingshot before any improvements in aerodynamics can be recognized. And the easiest place to start is with the windshield and ''equivalent flat plate area" Imagine taking a four foot wide , two feet high sheet of plywood and attempting to drive down the road at highspeed holding that straight up and down across the dash in front of you. (good luck with that! ) sloping it back will dramatically decrease the windloading because you have reduced the equivalent flat plate area , sloping it back an additional ten degrees over all other windshields, and then arching it right to left again reduces that equivalent flat plate area even more ! That's what manufacturing that small fibreglass arched base has allowed us to do.
    Then there is the issue of airflow around and through the cockpit. The more abrupt the angle difference between the windshield and the resultant airflow path as the vehicle is speeding along , the more turbulence or vortices are created , (paracite drag) it is these vortices that swirl around as they break the top edge of the windshield,(and the more abrupt vertical sides) that cause the drag or low pressure area. You can see in the illustrations below the taller or straighter up and down windshields cause a huge low pressure area full of swirling vortices due to the flat plate area. This is why if you drop a chip bag at your head level while driving it will be directed to the cockpit ground in front of you instead of blowing back over your head. (don't even get me started on exhaust fumes here) As the flat plate area is reduced by sloping back the windshield and arching it right to left, the windshield takes on more of a sphere form and the resultant airflow over the cockpit is cleaned up! the illustrations show far less turbulence, vortices, or low pressure area when air flows over a rounded or sloped object. ''sphere''
    Our airflow tests concluded while sloping ours back an additional ten degrees we were able to direct air more like the sphere illustration below and by arching it right to left we were able to create airflows similar to the ''sphere with a fairing'' shown below. The large white teardrop area behind the sphere represents the cleaner cockpit environment. Our windshields with this new fibreglass base are quickly gaining notoriety as one of the calmest and quietest cockpits available !

• @kev any idea of how fumes are dissipated or handled with your tallboy, to be honest the fumes issue is what has kept me from ordering a F4+3 because then I would have to commit to other mods that i might not do otherwise just to deal with the fumes.

If yours somehow helped with them that would put you at the top of choices for sure.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Thanks @Neosolidus! I never knew the model of those Ciphers until now... :thumbup:

I like then @TR Ganey... Have rode in them for many miles (California to Houston, Houston to Atlanta, and Atlanta to Indiana)... I do use a gel cushion on those long trips, but around town they are great! Definitely try sitting in them if you can. If mine is ever near you, feel free to try them out!

• @kev any idea of how fumes are dissipated or handled with your tallboy, to be honest the fumes issue is what has kept me from ordering a F4+3 because then I would have to commit to other mods that i might not do otherwise just to deal with the fumes.

If yours somehow helped with them that would put you at the top of choices for sure.

Well technically I can tell you a cleaner airflow over a windshield will result in less vortices which could be a contributing factor to pulling exhaust fumes into the cockpit area. As well that same cleaner airflow will help evacuate instead of pushing in, any fumes that have gathered when stopped or slowly moving.But because Ive never had any problems with fumes and as luck would have it all my windshield customers to date, haven't really been able to say they really had a problem with fumes yet either so its up in the air. What I,m really in need of is a customer who has an exhaust setup that has a known exhaust problem and we could then try mine and compare results. I would go as far as saying if anybody is in that situation and wants to try mine I would commit to refunding their money and taking it back if it didn't help with exhaust fumes . the problem being the windshield can only make a difference once moving . it doesn't have to be high speed but if your having problems with fumes sitting still or at ten mph or less its hard to say my windshield would have any different results . Dana Ward my first Slingshade customer at E.S has some time on his new windshield now with the Welter duals and says he certainly has no problem with fumes. I,ve been in touch with @JeffWelter (who certainly has the technical ability and experience to conduct the testing,) and him and I are very interested in testing my new windshield in conjunction with or without the Slingshade and his exhaust, But to be honest it just hasn't happened yet , but it will. there are many other contributing factors as well such as wind restrictors, and rear lip wings etc so its a matter of who has the most experience with factoring all those things in and I certainly think Jeff is the man for the job there.