COMRADERIE AT EUREKA SPRINGS, OZARKS INVASION

• Not to steal away from @Ross Eureka Spring thread , but Ive just got to start one hear about total strangers going out of their way to help others at these fantastic events, Im sure this story is worthy of this thread and there are probably many more so post them here.

I want to shout out to Buck Wynne and his lovely wife from Oaklahoma City, total strangers, Don't even know if they are on forums, we had never met before and yet they stepped forward to help me out in a way few would ever have thought about .
    A week before E.S. I got an email inquiry on my site asking about my new Nascar Styled windshields. Buck explained he had converted from many years of riding bikes and was attending E.S to pick up a bunch of mods for his recently purchased Slingshot and wanted to know if he could have one installed at E.S of course I was only too happy to accommodate him and accepted his paypal order. Being as those new windshields were just being introduced in the past few weeks I hadn't obtained a lot of orders yet so only brought a couple with me along with my other stuff, like Allans new dolly, But I was pleasantly encouraged to have one to install for a new customer .
    Thursday morning we met up and Buck explained to me he had a busy day ahead as he was scheduled for a new exhaust install at welters, three new awesome tires and rims , a 1320 header , a CAI and many other things at Slingshot only and then he would come and see more for his windshield install . The man was going all out !

Well later that day in comes a particular Slingshot that caught the eye of everyone there, you see it was a beautifull custom painted black Sling loaded with everything . Cypher Seats. sound system , wicked wheels, and sporting one of the first customer owned Slingshades. And what was the first thing I noticed, how well those factory windshields DO NOT Match that slingshade !! Well after the crowds mulled down, as people flocked to that top all day, I got up the nerve to go over to him and suggest I had a windshield that I thought might compliment his Slingshade quite well, Long story short, he loved my new Nascar Styled windshields and just had to try one right then and there to see how it went with the new Slingshade.So I pulled the one off my demo and set it in place on His Sling and low and behold, him and I were both in awe! it looked like I designed it for those tops all along (and I did, ask @MACAWS lol ) Nothing doing Dana had to have one right then and there, and dumbass me didn't have another one in stock, Dana spied the one new one still in wraps and said what about that one right there and I had to say Im sorry that's sold it belongs to Buck Wynne, he,s just finishing up at SlingshotOnly then we,slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/58161/slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/58162/re installing it on his Sling.

Well little did I know with all the excitement I was feeling about how well this Windshield was going to fit these Slingshades, but Buck was standing in the background watching all along , Just then this man who had bought and paid for this windshield a week prior and was patiently waiting a whole day as his mods were being installed, walked up to me and said , Kev ,I want to do something for you, I can see how much this sale means to you and I WANT TO HELP OUT, I WANT YOU TO SELL DANA MY WINDSHIELD and you can replace mine in a couple weeks when we all get home.
    Well , I was flabbergasted ! I couldnt believe my ears! here was this man who didn't know me from Adam and he just saw that he could make my day, and he stepped forth and told Dana he wanted him to have his windshield if it would help out !!

And that my friends is what its all about , Slingshotters just getting to know other Slingshotters , having a good time, and helping out when they can ! THANK YOU Mr and Mrs Buck Wynne !! you really made my day !!!

• Yah @MACAWS theres a lot to be be said for taller windshields but theres still something sporty about the wind in your hair shorter versions as well. At first I certainly preferred to look over the poly verses through it but you quickly become used to it @EjFord was kind enough to let me try out his new shocks this past weekend and of course I couldnt help but notice how much he likes his f+5 and for a guy who puts on as many miles as he does I think he really appreciates a quiet calm environment. But I couldnt help but notice he does use the baker air wings as well for added airflow when he desires it. All summer here I was glad to run around with my sportster version of my new windshields ,it certainly is cooler where we have to wear the damn helmets with the open air flow, but on the long runs now that cooler weather is here, im glad to just be able to switch the lens over and go back to the more comfortable taller one. What Im looking into now is the motorcycle style windshield vents some HARLEY guys and a lot of Goldwing guys use like this, anybody have experience with these? @Goats_Hogs ? anybody ?

• Yah @MACAWS theres a lot to be be said for taller windshields but theres still something sporty about the wind in your hair shorter versions as well. At first I certainly preferred to look over the poly verses through it but you quickly become used to it @EjFord was kind enough to let me try out his new shocks this past weekend and of course I couldnt help but notice how much he likes his f+5 and for a guy who puts on as many miles as he does I think he really appreciates a quiet calm environment. But I couldnt help but notice he does use the baker air wings as well for added airflow when he desires it. All summer here I was glad to run around with my sportster version of my new windshields ,it certainly is cooler where we have to wear the damn helmets with the open air flow, but on the long runs now that cooler weather is here, im glad to just be able to switch the lens over and go back to the more comfortable taller one. What Im looking into now is the motorcycle style windshield vents some HARLEY guys and a lot of Goldwing guys use like this, anybody have experience with these? @Goats_Hogs ? anybody ?

I don't own a new enough one to give a great review (2012 Road King, they started this on Harleys in 2014 or 2015), but I have ridden one with this vent. It offers the best of both, will little downside. It will allow air to pass thru, but not like having no windshield at all. There is only an increase in air flowing to your chest area. That's not much help, but about all I can tell you for certain.

• thanks @Goats_Hogs now my only problem will be placement , down low right above my windshield base would work but it may be in too low pressure area and short guys may find it in their line of sight , so maybe up high in top of windshield , I guess im going to have to order one from amazon and turn another demo windshield into swiss cheese experimenting with it, or maybe some form of smaller baker air wing I could fabricate , still thinking

• Personally, I would think down low would be best. For me, I look over the stock windshield by at least 5-6". So for that to be in someone's line of site, I'm thinking midget.... (sure hope that comment doesn't lead this thread into the NSFW area...)

• Hey now, watch it @Goats_Hogs ! Small lives matter!

@kev , there is no location perfect for all riders. I think you'll find that down low is going to be the preferred location. Anything in the upper part is going to be a distraction and possible hazard by blocking vision. As a shorter (OK, just short) rider, I would probably pass on this option. Looking at your setup on that amazing ride, I wonder if you could design brackets that allow up and down adjustment to allow air in underneath. Probably not, that would be much more complicated, I know. That 'shield looks like it was designed for/with that top. Nicely done!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Personally, I would think down low would be best. For me, I look over the stock windshield by at least 5-6". So for that to be in someone's line of site, I'm thinking midget.... (sure hope that comment doesn't lead this thread into the NSFW area...)

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• @kev

Sounds like you have plan that will work - can't wait to see it. I know you are using much better material than other mfg's
    So I would be confident in going to a taller version. Visibility is a concern which is one of the reasons I have a shorter version. My stock windscreen is pitted from road debris. it is cheaper to buy new sunglasses that and windshield

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• @MACAWS yah sunglasses are definitely cheaper , Im constantly loosing mine or sitting on them so I just but them at the dollar store lol But polycarbonate can get scratched up eventually so Im gonna make replacement lenses available at half price of whole windshield , hope this helps

• I never buy cheap sunglasses. My wife said she loses them too easy but I bought her a pair of Revo and she is hooked. She will never go back to cheap and she takes care of them. Try The clarity of a good pair of Maui Jim’s and see what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk