To top or not to top - that is the question - well kind of

• I have RD's top and absolutely love it. That being said, last week was in the 70s and next week is only supposed to get into the mid 80s. I have the top completely removed for now. I will probably have it on in Eureka but it will definitely be on through the winter and again in the summer. Too often we get an unexpected rain in the winter and cold rain does not feel good. Expected hot sun in the summer doesn't feel good either.

thats the nice thing about Palm Springs, from mid to late September through may, 8 1/2 months we have great weather and almost no rain. Its perfect for an open vehicle like the sling

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have a Gen 2 TD Top and had it on for over 1 year before I removed it to do some radio work with the dash off. I had forgotten how much fun riding w/o a top can be, but I tend to ride only at night. I eventually reinstalled the top and now need top remove it for more radio work. If I ride during the day, the Top makes it much more bearable in the Houston heat and humidity.

• Well for now I guess the top is on hold. I was talking about it this morning with my wife and her response was "why would you want to do that? you love it the way it is" I said, but you hate the sun and she said "dont worry about me I want you to enjoy it"

so for now and the cool months ahead we will stay topless

• Well for now I guess the top is on hold. I was talking about it this morning with my wife and her response was "why would you want to do that? you love it the way it is" I said, but you hate the sun and she said "dont worry about me I want you to enjoy it"

My wife would like a 'Top" --- I DON'T and she will ride 2% of the time --- so no top. We she pick a day for her to ride when it's not to hot....hour out to dinner and an hour back.......

You, the wife, or the Sling? Or all three? 8|

• My wife would like a 'Top" --- I DON'T and she will ride 2% of the time --- so no top. We she pick a day for her to ride when it's not to hot....hour out to dinner and an hour back.......

yep that sounds like my future - My wife likes the Slingshot, but se isnt as into it as I am and will not ride very often. This is why she really doesnt care much about a top. We will just keep her times riding to when the sun isnt an issue.

• I like it best without a top. I've ridden my different Harleys over 400,000 miles in the past 30 years, and all was in the sun. Topless seems right, and my wife prefers the Slingshot that way. That is until it's sunny and above 90, or looking like rain. For those days, I want the top on, and so does she! The MeanSling Sport top is perfect. Few minutes to take it off or put it on. Have set up a hanger for the top, and the bars so they are out of the way until I need them. I like the look of the top too. For the price, and the ease of removal/installation it's the best out there for my needs.

• I hope that some day soon there will me a Slingshot event close enough to here so that I can actually see all of the tops and other goodies that people have. Much better to see these things in person before making decisions.

on the other hand if I did see them all in person God only knows what might happen to my bank account :O

• I hope that some day soon there will me a Slingshot event close enough to here so that I can actually see all of the tops and other goodies that people have. Much better to see these things in person before making decisions.

on the other hand if I did see them all in person God only knows what might happen to my bank account :O

It's not that big a deal...just use your wife's bank account. Right, @V-SHOT? :D:P