Why my Slingshot is parked in the garage

• Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I think I should dislike this. That temp would probably kill me.

My Slingshot is my daily driver so I have learned to adjust. My hottest days driving it this summer were three days in June when we hit 122. As you can see from my OP I will get to enjoy 114/115 most days this week which after those 122 days won't seem all that bad. Actually at this point I am more worried about winter. driving without a heater when its 50 I may just have to buy some long pants and driving gloves

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

• My Slingshot is my daily driver so I have learned to adjust. My hottest days driving it this summer were three days in June when we hit 122. As you can see from my OP I will get to enjoy 114/115 most days this week which after those 122 days won't seem all that bad

@Ruptured Duck makes a top for that...

(So do a bunch of others, but saying the whole list doesn't sound nearly as good).

• @Ruptured Duck makes a top for that...
    (So do a bunch of others, but saying the whole list doesn't sound nearly as good).

Yea - I have thought about a top (I like the Twist Dynamic canvas), but I just don't know if I would like it. one of the things I love about my SL is the total openness - at this point I have time to think about it, cooler weather is coming so if I do end up with a top it can wait. One thing for sure is that I will need to sit in one with a top before I part with any $$

• Mine was sitting for over a week because i had to strip it down to make templates.. Need to see what the weather is gonna be like this week. Really need to ride.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Yea - I have thought about a top (I like the Twist Dynamic canvas), but I just don't know if I would like it. one of the things I love about my SL is the total openness - at this point I have time to think about it, cooler weather is coming so if I do end up with a top it can wait. One thing for sure is that I will need to sit in one with a top before I part with any $$

That's the point of @'Ruptured Duck''s top...you can remove it in like 4 minutes so you can have that openness if the sun ain't beating down on you.

• Heck, here in the Houston area, thanks to Harvey, temps the past few days have been in the 70s! Too bad my Slingshot is sitting on jackstands in my carport, in the middle of my Hahn turbo install, covered to protect the exposed components and I couldn't ride if I wanted to! Of course, with all the rain, when I go out to lower the water level in my pool, I just get soaked. We've had at least 18" rain since Friday night with more to come.

• Heck, here in the Houston area, thanks to Harvey, temps the past few days have been in the 70s! Too bad my Slingshot is sitting on jackstands in my carport, in the middle of my Hahn turbo install, covered to protect the exposed components and I couldn't ride if I wanted to! Of course, with all the rain, when I go out to lower the water level in my pool, I just get soaked. We've had at least 18" rain since Friday night with more to come.

You able to keep the water away from the house?

• You able to keep the water away from the house?

Our house is pretty high above the local creek and it would take a flood over a very wide area to hit our house, but almost our entire backyard is covered by our pool and if it overflows, the water will run up against the house if it overwhelms the backyard patio drains we have. I've gone out and switched the pump to drain water from the pool at least 5 times since Friday night and also clearing pine needles from the drains and plan on repeating the process every 6 hours or so. We've had around 18-20" rain since Friday night.
    We are also lucky that our house is located just a couple houses away from the local water company's pump station, so our side of the street has the highest local priority for power restoration if there's a power outage. Our neighbors across the street told us that power on our side of the street was restored in a day or so following an outage during Hurricane Ike in 2008, but their side of the street was w/o power for around 2 weeks or so. I guess we just got lucky when we bought our house. When we closed on our house in April 2009, the bridge over the creek in our community flooded, but the Harris County Flood Control folks widened the creek and the bridge has been safe since. Naturally, we hope it stays that way.

• Remind me to never go to Palm Springs!

Wow. A fat guy like me wouldn't have a chance. ..

Take a look at our weather November through May and you just might change your mind

From what I can see where you are the average annual rainfall is over 60 inches - as you can see we average about 5 1/4

Even in the dead of winter I normally can wear shorts and be comfortable.

• @edwardaneal, last half of Jan through first half of Feb is usually our coldest time. Usually highs in the 40s then. When I was driving to work daily I just wore a heavy coat, good gloves, and a helmet. Oh, and pants too ^^ Only time I didn't drive was our 1-2 days a year of snow or if it was raining. 40 degree rain is really cold. My rule was if it is supposed to be over 40 in the afternoon and not raining I was riding.
    Now I have Ruptured Duck's top for our hot, humid days or for rainy weeks. We didn't hit 100 this year but 99 and high humidity is still very uncomfortable. And the sun beating down on you in traffic is terrible. I LOVE RD's top and everyone who sees it is impressed.

• @edwardaneal, last half of Jan through first half of Feb is usually our coldest time. Usually highs in the 40s then. When I was driving to work daily I just wore a heavy coat, good gloves, and a helmet. Oh, and pants too ^^ Only time I didn't drive was our 1-2 days a year of snow or if it was raining. 40 degree rain is really cold. My rule was if it is supposed to be over 40 in the afternoon and not raining I was riding.
    Now I have Ruptured Duck's top for our hot, humid days or for rainy weeks. We didn't hit 100 this year but 99 and high humidity is still very uncomfortable. And the sun beating down on you in traffic is terrible. I LOVE RD's top and everyone who sees it is impressed.

Thats the one thing about our heat here - except for a few days in July and august normally we dont have much if any humidity. I will take 115 and 10% humidity like it will be today over 90 degrees with high humidity any day of the week.

As to Ruptured Duck's top I do like the way it removes, but the one thing that has me leaning toward the Twist Dynamics is that you can remove the canvas and actually fold it and take it with you incase the weather changes - does just the canvas come off RD's top easily?