Extended Warranty...Worth the Investment??

• I agree with JL, in comparison to cars, the Sling extended warranty is reasonable (there's a vendor on the forum offering at least 20% off for the Polaris extended warranty)
    Slingshot Polaris Authorized Extended Protection Plans - 25% OFF
    Given the new nature if the Sling coupled with some chronic expensive issues, it's worth it. I would have been out of warranty and recently needed my rear bearings replaced--common issue, as is the angle drive, brake switches, etc.

• I moved this topic so we don’t clog up the other thread.
    Here is the work up sheet. That’s what I paid.

Now the story. It was actually a standard SS. They told me when they got it they upgraded it to an SL with infotainment center, wheels and whatever else. And they put the roof on it. It also had all the recalls done up to may 1st. Notice the write up just says Slingshot without the SL. And the word used.

I assumed the “when they got it” meant from another dealer. Just a guess on my part I’m not sure where it came from. It had 720 miles on it. I don’t know who put the miles on or or why? If they got it that way or they put the miles on it.

Now they told me it’s untitled and used. How can that be? The dealer told me they would be honoring the warranty. Which so far they have.

Does Polaris honor the balance of the warranty on “used” vehicles, If it falls into their new warranty guidelines?

Is it possible they bought a warranty? I had a dealer do that with a used van I bought and I ended up using it. I think he knew something was wrong. Which was good for me.

• It will be interesting to see what they actually cover when needed. I have a feeling we will see a lot of posts saying Polaris wouldn’t cover because I did this or that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I can totally see them not covering certain things because we modified them. And i can see the things we do could change certain characteristics or The intended factory function leading to other issues. And I don’t think we should expect them to honor things we did by replacing/upgrading with non oem items. They don’t want to be held responsible in the event of a catastrophe.

• There was a guy in MO, I cant remember his name but he had issues with his ss not running right and he installed an Alpha CAI that requires you to open the tape on a wire to give you more slack(NO CUTTING) Polaris made him replace the wire harness because of this wire tampering before they would warranty his issue. Even though after he replaced the harness. he still had the issues.

• There are other threads that point this out. If you have a modification it could void your extended warranty. I had an aftermarket batterynamd they stated it was a mod and would not cover my electrical issue

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• with all the recalls Polaris has been bleeding cash - I expect they will try to deny any warranty work where a mod could be blammed and force the owner to fight the fight against them. Lately I have had our servicing dealer do our installs that I worry Polaris might cry about so that I have my servicing dealer on our side and they are so good (and Polaris knows it) that I know they will fight for what is right

• 45,000 miles and only had to spend $300 for out of warranty item on my 2015. Since they replaced the angle drive for the recall I am not worried it will die on me. But you never know what will happen with these things.

There has been no angle drive recall - did you mean swingarm?

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Will the purchase of another extended warranty be good or bad?
    mine ends on 20APR20

I personally would not buy anything but the Polaris warrantee... If you bought the 3yr and already had the original 2 yr that's all Polaris offers. If your looking at buying the extended 3yr, I would, Look around you can get some nice discounts.