from that other place

• I saw this custom Slingshot build on another forum and I thought people here might enjoy it

starts in post 8 in this thread

look at the picture in post 9 - click it for full size

I think it has potential what d you think?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Yes that is @harleyujoe who is on this forum also. He has done a lot of neat things!

Sorry, I still don't know all the people who are here. Anyway I would love to see more of this project

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I am taking a break after the hood took 7 weeks and today the belt guard..
    I want to maybe maybe remove the front lower wing this fall and try something new.
    and thinking of maybe removing chrome headlight and going to LED front lights.
    Just install the rear view mirror on Sunday..
    So with min 9 months of this being down going to enjoy few months of riding .
    I luv the movement of the open fenders while driving as long as I keep the other eye on the road.
    I test drove a Vanderhall venice and thinking in ate Fall of getting one.
    It is a solid built machine only down side is cockpit very tight.
    And can see some of my finishing touches already working on it.
    But never would do to it what I have done to Slingshot.
    Will keep you updated if I do anything else to this sweet ride I enjoy but Not Done Yet..LOL

• You have some serious talent Sir! Well done! :thumbup:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Thank You.. Wish I had another SS at times when working on my own..
    being a one man designer ,fabricator, and the one who says not good enough and
    revision after revision..Yikes they add up to lots of months..LOL
    At 66 the fiberglassing I am getting tired of doing it and itchy all night for months
    and having trouble with the fine tuning of body work with feel and eyes.
    Will do few things but think this is last big project.
    Trying to weld today and not being able to see weld puddle and eyes are tired ..
    Its been fun and not going to stop but going to slow down and enjoy the toys i have.
    And the new possible Vanderhall.
    And next year going to Deadwood SD for 3 wheel rally there was there for first 2014 with no 3 wheeler to drive.
    So hopefully will be there with Slingshot 2018...Luv that area for riding...Thanks all Joe..and I have a roof to make for it this fall yikes need a roof LOL

• This is my second design of attachment of fenders and they do not shake or move were they are located now.
    I have a few that I made but need finishing.
    But being 66 and one man band I do not see my self getting into fenders for SS.
    I put so many hours in with this for well 9 months I am tired and just want to drive it for a while.
    My next project will be making roof for it when weather gets cooler.
    But here are pics of how I attached fenders using 1" X heavy square tubing.

• I must be old..LOL.. I have everyone that calls me asshole only because that is what I call everyone..LOL .But never SIR.
    You must be much younger or few days younger than I..

I will say with this setup this SS is pretty Areo driving it. No more fenders flapping and hood trying to lift even at 100 mph.
    So if you got enough people wanting this setup sure someone could make molds even with plastic that SS body
    is made from and make parts.

I used steel I had laying around to make most of SS build.
    I know the belt guard I just went Tuesday to Home depot to get 1/8" X 2 X 48" lg steel to make it and bent it around a
    LP gas tank which is close did to SS rear pulley..LOL
    So I could make a fiberglas belt guard to save weight but thinking of leaving it steel which probably added 8 lbs to it.LOL
    Well every one going with 10 others on ride through some (8) covered bridges NJ and Pa area Sunday hope rain is gone by then.
    Have a good weekend everyone

• So if you got enough people wanting this setup sure someone could make molds even with plastic that SS body
    is made from and make parts.

After looking at the pics you posted, it way beyond my skill set. You probably forgot more then I could ever know about this stuff. You have a gift that's for sure

• I would say not skill ..I start something and wonder why the hell I can not leave anything alone. And more my wife and her thoughts .
    But I start something and think just do this and that and then in my case I throw probably 1/2 and if not more away with
    just revision after revision .
    The first two designs I throw everything away and scraped the alum that I bent trying to make first design.
    More determined just to have what no one else has more than anything is what drives me.
    Except for my 2003 SSR and 2011 Lotus Evora I will not touch these other than drive them. LOL

But if you were to by mat and resin and play with it you will be surprised what you can do if you really want to.

My hood started with 2 pieces of 2x4 and a radius on each side for left and right for molds and then
    you just keep going.

The long piece of fiberglas in pic is I make 3 to 4 foot long pieces on a 2x4 and with that I cut many slices into it both side so
    that it flexes around corners and fiberglas over it to make solid edges.
    The nose of my SS was made with fiberglas wall board and then fiberglas over to keep form.
    So I make things but not with professional ability but just determination..