It is confirmed I'm from the south

• I just went with my son Eric to buy a car over the 4th of July weekend, we where at our Ford Dealer (repeat customer) and Barbie and I went there with our Slingshot. Our Sales Guy had a call to come to the front because there is a person who needed to talk to him right away, and this GUY said that he would never but a vehicle here "dealership" because they allowed vehicles like mine to be in the parking lot there. "Mike sales guy said to him well then move) I know most of you know my heritage is German (southern part :D:00000450::00008356: )and I'm more then just proud to be a USA Citizen. And I don't have an anti racial bone in me.
    Please chime in if you think with my decal "DECEAPTICON" is offending anyone here, because then I would remove it. It is RED WHITE & BLUE

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Don't let one jackoff ruin it for ya'. F**k 'im...

That is NOT a confederate flag! (But even if it were, SO WHAT?! It is part of our history & ALL history is relevant, both the good & the bad.)

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I understand your southern heritage @mytoy, I'm southern (by choice) also. Found out in Maggie Valley that you had more Southern accent then me :D . I was really surprised you were from PA ;) . Your Decepticon doesn't offend me but I am sure you will have people who are offended since we have to be so "politically correct" these days.
    Maybe someone will send you a sticker like this.
    Wait a minute. That's an Autobot. Ok, maybe someone can make you a Decepticon sticker like this if you are really concerned. :thumbup:

• Im not offended at all like @Tripod said it's USA history. Just stating that I could see someone possibly confusing it with the confederate flag i mean obviously that gentlemen was offended. But I don't think the 1000 plus members here are or you probably would have heard it already. @mytoy keep up the patriotism it's America. The guy probably wasn't buying any way probably just wanted to give the dealer shit

• @mytoy I guess maybe it kinda resembles the confederate flag and some people are still very sensitive when it comes down to the confederates. If you don't mind me asking what was the gentlemens ethnicity.

Don't let one jackoff ruin it for ya'. F**k 'im...

That is NOT a confederate flag! (But even if it were, SO WHAT?! It is part of our history & ALL history is relevant, both the good & the bad.)

It is in no way offense to me, but if you'd like to read up on the flag that your decal resembles here you go. Modern display of the Confederate flag - Wikipedia

For me it was and is a Decaptacon decal. And no one should forget history. I love our country how it is and what it stands for. I have no intention to stir up anything. And why not wait and talk???
    Also a kind of resembling something, then we could all take a lot of stuff the wrong way IMHO. <3:):D:thumbsup:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• I'm OFFENDED!!!
    That's right....I'm offended.......that my dumb ass didn't think of it first!! :00008172::00008172::00008356::00008356:

Love it, and everything else you've done to your beautiful Sling....DON"T CHANGE ONE DAMN THING ON IT!!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I just went with my son Eric to buy a car over the 4th of July weekend, we where at our Ford Dealer (repeat customer) and Barbie and I went there with our Slingshot. Our Sales Guy had a call to come to the front because there is a person who needed to talk to him right away, and this GUY said that he would never but a vehicle here "dealership" because they allowed vehicles like mine to be in the parking lot there. "Mike sales guy said to him well then move) I know most of you know my heritage is German (southern part :D:00000450::00008356: )and I'm more then just proud to be a USA Citizen. And I don't have an anti racial bone in me.
    Please chime in if you think with my decal "DECEAPTICON" is offending anyone here, because then I would remove it. It is RED WHITE & BLUE

My family is from the south.(I am from Indiana) I have been told that I was racist because I own a confederate flag. The flag has meaning other than racism. The other customer is ignorant. Don't let it bother you. And there is no reason to change your sticker.

Just remember it is a symbol of heritage not hatred. Yes some groups used it as a symbol of hatred but that doesn't mean that everyone from the south has that hatred.

There is too much censorship going on in this country. People are trying to erase the bad parts or parts they don't like from history. Look at all that has changed with the statues being removed. History is just that, history. All we can do as a whole is to try not to let history repeat itself.

Keep the dirty side down.

• My family is from the south.(I am from Indiana) I have been told that I was racist because I own a confederate flag. The flag has meaning other than racism. The other customer is ignorant. Don't let it bother you. And there is no reason to change your sticker.

Just remember it is a symbol of heritage not hatred. Yes some groups used it as a symbol of hatred but that doesn't mean that everyone from the south has that hatred.

There is too much censorship going on in this country. People are trying to erase the bad parts or parts they don't like from history. Look at all that has changed with the statues being removed. History is just that, history. All we can do as a whole is to try not to let history repeat itself.

You speak like out of my hard , because three are to many things regarding history (corrected). :thumbup::thumbup:

• I think if people would ask first and not jump to conclusions life would be a it different.
    I can most definitely understand how some could be offended.
    I grew up in NY but loved southern rock and the rebel flag was a big part of southern rock - yes I have a rebel flag hanging in my shop. But any one who knows me should by now know I do put up with racist morons. If you have been to my house and know the community they are family to me just as you.
    All I am trying to say is a symbol can mean different things to different people.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I'm from the north and it always makes me laugh when my cousins from South Carolina and Texas call it the war of northern aggression. My old man is from South Carolina.

• I think if people would ask first and not jump to conclusions life would be a it different.
    I can most definitely understand how some could be offended.
    I grew up in NY but loved southern rock and the rebel flag was a big part of southern rock - yes I have a rebel flag hanging in my shop. But any one who knows me should by now know I do put up with racist morons. If you have been to my house and know the community they are family to me just as you.
    All I am trying to say is a symbol can mean different things to different people.

I cold not have said it better.