WoW - DROVE A 2017 VANDERHALL-VENICE 2DAY - wOw

• Nope :00007510:

Pretty much our assessment after multiple looks and a fair amount of road time (did our research and spent the time so for those who have commented privately here and elsewhere my criticism is not without basis) when we seriously considered it as an alternative for Tina after her accident that left her no longer able to operate a manual transmission. His comment @ 9:47 sums up our feelings .... that and with the two of us jammed in it (we are fairly conservatively sized Americans I think) there was absolutely no room for her to rest her right arm other than on my head so 2/3 of a Chevy Sonic RS for $70 grand+ just made less and less sense the more time we spent with it ... and yes the Venice is less money ..it was also IMO just plain ...less ..... with our cooperate pricing we purchased her a '17 C7 Grand Sport for the same price as a decked out Laguna and never looked back... confused-squared

A little history if anyone is curious ... The Incredible History of Vanderhall Motor Works' Laguna

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited 2 times, last by Orangeman ().

• Myrtle Beach Bike Week --- Vanderhal has set up for test rides at Coastal Victory - Indian - Slingshot - Vanderhall I took the first test ride this morning, I rode up in the SS and he handed me the key. The gentleman I was talking to said the Vander was faster than the Sling and then I took him for a ride in my Slingshot. He was screaming like a BITCH thru first and second and then I blew a turn on gravel and he like to have s---. The dealer had already sold six this week.

• @FunCycle I must have just missed you at Coastal. I was there Monday about noon. Thought I'd stop in and see what they sold for mods. 3rd largest sling seller they claim and hardly no display.

Sling owner was doing his vanderhall paperwork. Parts mgr wanted to show me his seats but he drove 4 wheeler in to pick up vanderhall.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• @FunCycle I must have just missed you at Coastal. I was there Monday about noon. Thought I'd stop in and see what they sold for mods. 3rd largest sling seller they claim and hardly no display.

Sling owner was doing his vanderhall paperwork. Parts mgr wanted to show me his seats but he drove 4 wheeler in to pick up vanderhall.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Yea, compared to some like that place in Georgia, just the show room was probably at least 4 times larger than Coastal's display building. But Coastal has been taking care of myself and my friend and a few more SS that I know of. Give me a shout out if yo are in the area again, I am only about 20 miles from Coastal.

• Yeah @FunCycle they told me that too at Coastal. Said it could out handle a Sling too. I'm thinking "BS" while they were telling me that one. I can see because of power to weight ratios it being quicker but no way that thing will out handle a Slingshot. Going to do the test ride and find out for myself I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Yeah @FunCycle they told me that too at Coastal. Said it could out handle a Sling too. I'm thinking "BS" while they were telling me that one. I can see because of power to weight ratios it being quicker but no way that thing will out handle a Slingshot. Going to do the test ride and find out for myself I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Ask the taller slender guy with the Vanderhall about his Tuesday morning Slingshot ride just to see what he says. @Summer Breeze and I just left Coastal / Vanderhall. We were at North Myrtle at 10 AM this morning checking out the vendors, don't waste your time going up there. There may be 10 vendors total and they are mostly B_S vendors. But I have given out about 8 Slingshot Info cards and only seen 2 other Slings.

• Took the test drive today. It was fun but very cramped for my wife and I. You better be really close to whomever you ride with in those things because you are going to get up close and personal with them. My shoulder was pushing against hers the entire time and we are not big people by any means. It felt slightly quicker but not as torquey as my Sling. Exhaust note is good for stock and the waste gate sound was addictive. Handling felt good but was not able to lean on it too hard. Hate the automatic. Even the side shift deal was awkward with your left hand and there is no way to know what gear you are in. Getting in and out of these Vanderhalls is a chore. The guy before me shattered the windshield on the demo trying to get out and accidentally pulled on the windshield. I can see that being a problem for them. It was a fun little ride but nothing to cause me to even think twice about getting rid of my Sling.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Took the test drive today. It was fun but very cramped for my wife and I. You better be really close to whomever you ride with in those things because you are going to get up close and personal with them. My shoulder was pushing against hers the entire time and we are not big people by any means. It felt slightly quicker but not as torquey as my Sling. Exhaust note is good for stock and the waste gate sound was addictive. Handling felt good but was not able to lean on it too hard. Hate the automatic. Even the side shift deal was awkward with your left hand and there is no way to know what gear you are in. Getting in and out of these Vanderhalls is a chore. The guy before me shattered the windshield on the demo trying to get out and accidentally pulled on the windshield. I can see that being a problem for them. It was a fun little ride but nothing to cause me to even think twice about getting rid of my Sling.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

I agree with everything you have said. I watched to full grown men get in one today. They were really in touch with each other. Also guess what was leading the demo rides? YEA! A Slingshot