Pissing off a Harley Rider

• Hell

I am just happy to have something cool I can drive.
    If my body wasn't falling apart at the joints I might still have a 2 wheeler.

But I am here to tell you anyone who can talk on a flip phone in public - can take all the criticism people can toss at him.
    If they think their toy is cooler good for them - I don't have to make their payments - and mine is paid for. That is the SS my flip phone has 16 more payments of $5 a month

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I have owned and ridden Harleys for just over 52 years now. Unfortunately, my old back will only let me ride them but a short while at the time. I received my Slingshot in December 2014 and it takes me everywhere, just when I thought my riding days were coming to an end.

As for the Harley riders I know or encounter while riding the Slingshot, I get nothing but thumbs up. Many have expressed a desire in having their own. The few that don't express positive comments remain quiet, nothing negative, but they also quietly check it out.

I do, however, become annoyed by all of those that call my Sling a Spyder!

• I was on a ride today for maybe 1 1/2 hours....I had four thumbs up, 3 horn honks, several nods, a wave, some yells and way too many stares.....I'm pretty cute...and the bike is ok too... I highly doubt any Harley riders get that kind of attention...just saying....

My buddy has a Harley he has absolutely no interest in my SS...my across the street neighbor has a Harley.....not one bit of interest in my SS....never even walked across the street to look closer..

So do they not consider it a motorcycle...which it is pretty far away from being a "motorcycle" being a bicycle type vehicle with a motor...which is how they started..

I just know guys in cool cars even look....I hardly acknowledge those guys...knowing I'm cooler by far...

• There are probably millions of HD riders out there, so don't let one A$$ color your opinion.

I rode a Harley for years, but time has taken its toll on my body. I have developed a tremor, which will only get worse, which makes riding 2 wheels a scary proposition. Lots, and lots of good memories though. Both riding, and the friends I met.

Here in Northern Virginia, I get about 50% waves from the Harleys. Probably 75% from the bitch on the bitch seat, as she knows my ride is more comfy. Probably 90% from Harley trikes. Might be my imagination, but if I wave first - a high peace sign, I almost always get the low wave back.

A year ago, during rolling thunder, about 100 Harleys came up from behind, and engulfed me. I got nothing but smiles, waves, and thumbs up. Rode about 50 miles in the middle of the pack, and got honks and waves when I had to take my exit. Nice people.

• :00008172:

I do agree... possible another knee surgery next year. I like my smooth ride.

- now the flip phone.... hmmmm LOL :00008356: love ya brother

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Maybe it's my gray hair and goatee, or the HD tattoos or maybe it's because I have on a Harley shirt at times. I have not once gotten flipped off by any Harley rider, or by any rider of anything. I've gotten some stupid comments, but honestly most are just from people that aren't educated in the matter. Like someone calling the SS a Spyder. They just usually don't know any better. It does get old, but I just correct them and go about my on way.

I hope no one took what I said in my previous post out of the intended context. Whatever a person rides... Ducati, Honda, Harley, Polaris... we all are passionate about what we ride for personal reasons. But we all are basically riding for the same reason.... we are enjoying it. Seems we have a lot more in common than some want to admit. I find it rather funny, the same riders that would give us a hard time about the SS.... many of them have a side by side off road vehicle. With all the crap that goes on in the world, seems so petty to bash on anyone for doing something that they enjoy that isn't hurting anyone else when they are doing it. Yes, that goes for Vespa riders too! :thumbsup:

• All motorcycle, Slingshot, Spyder riders have a common bond - the wind in your face - respect the other man's sled whatever it may be and enjoy - makes life much simpler !! :thumbsup:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Just harmless humor..I own a Harley also.

Did you know that 98% of all Harley's ever sold are still on the road? ( the other 2% actually made it home ).
    Ever see the bumper sticker "Watch for Motircycles" ..who would trade motorcycles for a watch.?.must be brain dead Harley guys
    What do you call a group of Harley riders with a collective IQ of 110...Sturgis
    Why don't Harley riders smile? They've realized they spent 20K on noise and vibration
    Why are Harley's so safe...you can't go fast enough to hurt yourself
    What's the diff between a Harley and a Vacuum cleaner...the Harley has room for two dirtbags
    Why is a Harley like a dog.?.they both like riding in the back of a pickup

• There will never be more SS than Harley's....too many years between them. I've had suzukis, a Honda, kawasakis....probably at least 30 custom vans. Have two right now...used to go to "van ins" with nothing but vanners.....rode bikes when you passed another biker with your fist in the air ✊ (right on brother). I miss those days...bikers were the 1%ers and vanners were 2%ers....we respected the fact that you rode...period. Just because we were all "outlaws" in the eyes of car drivers...make love not war...peace brother ✌️

• something else...if you see a biker on any kind of bike broke down on the side of the road ...you'll pull over for him and if they see you I hope they stop to help me....the kinship we share is strong no matter what you drive....he'll respect you for the help as you will his. Live for the ride...

• There will never be more SS than Harley's....too many years between them. I've had suzukis, a Honda, kawasakis....probably at least 30 custom vans. Have two right now...used to go to "van ins" with nothing but vanners.....rode bikes when you passed another biker with your fist in the air ✊ (right on brother). I miss those days...bikers were the 1%ers and vanners were 2%ers....we respected the fact that you rode...period. Just because we were all "outlaws" in the eyes of car drivers...make love not war...peace brother ✌️

I spent many years building custom vans
    Now that there was an entirely different lifestyle - holy crap I have stories - can't repeat most of them. If you were a Vanner you know what I am saying. Hope we meet some time to swap stories

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I think if you would have said Shadow instead of Goldwing it would have pissed him off more. Comparing to a Goldwing is a compliment in my book.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• I spent many years building custom vansNow that there was an entirely different lifestyle - holy crap I have stories - can't repeat most of them. If you were a Vanner you know what I am saying. Hope we meet some time to swap stories

We went to a "truck in" in Ocala Florida in the mid late seventies...when the speed limit was 55. We went the entire length of Georgia doing 85. CB radios were wonderful....we only stopped for gas because we all had porta potties...ice boxes ....then you played catch up to the other guys in front of you..pedal to the metal, clean and green....wooo hooo.

• We went to a "truck in" in Ocala Florida in the mid late seventies...when the speed limit was 55. We went the entire length of Georgia doing 85. CB radios were wonderful....we only stopped for gas because we all had porta potties...ice boxes ....then you played catch up to the other guys in front of you..pedal to the metal, clean and green....wooo hooo.

Yes sir and if you needed to go faster yo would pull over and let out some of the girls you picked up along the way. I think it was some kind of cult thing. I lived in one of my vans in a train station parking lot for a few months. It was like an apartment people came by to visit I got Pizza delivered - just crazy

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!