Interesting!!!

• My wife and I took a cruise with 2 of my buddies and future son in law today. We went to wayyyyyy backwoods southern Indiana to a bar that has a "Prairie Oyster" fry a few Saturdays in the summer. Prairie Oysters are hog nuts if you didn't know. Quite good if cooked right!!! Just have to get over what you are eating!!! My wife even liked them.

We are on the Sling, my buddies both ride Harleys, & my future son in law & daughter are on his Ducati. We pull up to the bar and right next to the beer garden is a dedicated motorcycle parking area with a sign up that states- " HARLEYS ONLY- AND WE MEAN IT". They pulled into the "Harley" area. I was about to park on the regular part of the lot. The owner yelled at me and said- You can park that Slingshot in here with the real motorcycles, but that rice burner will have to park on the back parking lot. (Wasn't about to argue the geography of where it was built).

We all had a great time, with good eats, and cold beer. Tossed the keys to a couple of the guys who were amazed at how much fun the Sling was. Answered a ton of questions and probably sold a couple of new Slings!!

Owned my Slingshot for about 14 months. Have always been amazed at how well they are received by most people. Even though they are unique and unusual!!

CDCAMEL6

• Always somewhat torn on those "motorcycle only" parking signs....

Yep, it's tagged as a motorcycle, but if I park there... four bikes just lost out.

The bar owner was the one who suggested I park there. He thought the Slingshot was about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on!!! Besides, you could probably park 40 bikes in this area.

Sent from my iPod touch using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• The bar owner was the one who suggested I park there. He thought the Slingshot was about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on!!! Besides, you could probably park 40 bikes in this area.

HEY!!!!!! That's MY line!!!!!!!! :00008172::00008356:
    Still can't get over how much attention and excitement the Slingshot garners!!!! :thumbsup:

• " HARLEYS ONLY- AND WE MEAN IT". They pulled into the "Harley" area. I was about to park on the regular part of the lot. The owner yelled at me and said- You can park that Slingshot in here with the real motorcycles, but that rice burner will have to park on the back parking lot.

CDCAMEL6

This type of behavior just pisses the hell out of me, as a fellow ducati rider I have had more than a few instances where I have been threaten to "move or else".

A few years ago my GF and I went to sturgis and had my tires slashed, bike was kicked and beat to the point that it was considered totalled for no reason other than parking in front of a bar and taking someone's spot(public street btw) this experience traumatized Brie and ruined ruined group gatherings for her and even though I tell her that the slingshot community seems nice,mellow and easy going she refuses to participate or go out on rides with anyone outside of "our" group of friends.

It shouldn't matter what anyone rides as long as you do it in a respectful manner without putting others at risk, the elitism that the harley community has is just a cancer for the motorcycle community.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• This type of behavior just pisses the hell out of me, as a fellow ducati rider I have had more than a few instances where I have been threaten to "move or else".

A few years ago my GF and I went to sturgis and had my tires slashed, bike was kicked and beat to the point that it was considered totalled for no reason other than parking in front of a bar and taking someone's spot(public street btw) this experience traumatized Brie and ruined ruined group gatherings for her and even though I tell her that the slingshot community seems nice,mellow and easy going she refuses to participate or go out on rides with anyone outside of "our" group of friends.

It shouldn't matter what anyone rides as long as you do it in a respectful manner without putting others at risk, the elitism that the harley community has is just a cancer for the motorcycle community.

Not sure that it mattered so much that it was a Ducati. These were "good ole boys". They were all totally cool to my future son in law and daughter. They were even asking about his bike. Had more to do with it not being an American made bike. These guys felt the same about cars that weren't made in the US. Very ironic since that portion of the state draws a lot of jobs from a Toyota and Honda plants. That sucks with your experience with your bike being trashed for no good reason!!! Idiots are everywhere!!!

• Not sure that it mattered so much that it was a Ducati. These were "good ole boys". They were all totally cool to my future son in law and daughter. They were even asking about his bike. Had more to do with it not being an American made bike. These guys felt the same about cars that weren't made in the US. Very ironic since that portion of the state draws a lot of jobs from a Toyota and Honda plants. That sucks with your experience with your bike being trashed for no good reason!!! Idiots are everywhere!!!

America would be a lot better place if the American buying public believed in America and bought American made products. There is always an excuse for everything

• America would be a lot better place if the American buying public believed in America and bought American made products. There is always an excuse for everything

Agreed!!! Had some ignorant asshole give me shit about driving a Lexus a few years back. Should be driving something "Made in the US of A", like his Silverado. He didn't have much to say after I pointed out to him that his vin # began with a 3. That means it was assembled in Mexico!!! People need to be more tolerant of each other!! We live in a global economy that is getting more so everyday!!! Don't feel there was any malice intended at ALL from my experience yesterday. Was just in a place where Harley riders like to hang out. They were all more than nice people!!! Hate to see the ignorance of a few give a whole group a bad name in anything. Unfortunately that happens alot anymore.

CDCAMEL6

• Agreed!!! Had some ignorant asshole give me shit about driving a Lexus a few years back. Should be driving something "Made in the US of A", like his Silverado. He didn't have much to say after I pointed out to him that his vin # began with a 3. That means it was assembled in Mexico!!! People need to be more tolerant of each other!! We live in a global economy that is getting more so everyday!!! Don't feel there was any malice intended at ALL from my experience yesterday. Was just in a place where Harley riders like to hang out. They were all more than nice people!!! Hate to see the ignorance of a few give a whole group a bad name in anything. Unfortunately that happens alot anymore.

CDCAMEL6

Had a couple of Honda motorcycles back in the day. There was no future in trying to road trip on the Harley's of the day, you did not see many of them on the highway, only around the towns. Other than that I never owned a foreign named brand even. Buy what you want and put another American out of a job. I am not picking on you @CDCAMEL6 just stating a fact that a lot of Americans need to figure out

• Had a couple of Honda motorcycles back in the day. There was no future in trying to road trip on the Harley's of the day, you did not see many of them on the highway, only around the towns. Other than that I never owned a foreign named brand even. Buy what you want and put another American out of a job. I am not picking on you @CDCAMEL6 just stating a fact that a lot of Americans need to figure out

Don't feel you are picking on me at all. Things are not always as they seem. Was driving this as a company car. I was working for a company that was trying to win a contract with Lexus to build suspension components. It was one they eventually won and now are supplying components to over 200,000 cars. These parts are all manufactured in the Midwest!!! Alot of Americans got work out of this. Not trying to be political at all. Like I said in an above post, we live in a global economy. Americans have to remain competitive in all facets of it!!! Our President proves this point out very well!!!

CDCAMEL6

• Not really sure how this whole thread went from riding a Slingshot and eating hog nuts to a political statement and worldwide economy's!!! LOL!! Guess that is part of what makes this site so much fun!!!

CDCAMEL6

• Okay, back to eating hog nuts... they say us folks in Alabama are a little slow and backwoods type people... but, we found other ways to castrate hogs that don't involve chewing. Update.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I wonder if "Hog Nut Cutter" looks good on a resume? Alabama is no more backwoods than where we're in Southern Indiana!!! The theme song from "Diliverance" was the only song I could get on the radio.

Sent from my iPod touch using Polaris Slingshot Info

• This type of behavior just pisses the hell out of me, as a fellow ducati rider I have had more than a few instances where I have been threaten to "move or else".

As a 40+ year Harley rider I would like to apologize for some of my Neanderthal brothers I had before the Slingshot community was formed. Good natured ball bustin between the different brands was always fun and the nature of the beast, however, vandalism of another persons bike is inexcusable. I think that is why the SS community is as close as it is - we all came from diverse backgrounds with multitudes of toys we have enjoyed - but have a common bond thru these 3 wheel pieces of fun. If Harley riders (a few) would just get off their high horse and bond with anybody else that just loved the wind in their face - they would be hugely better off for it !!!

PS @CDCAMEL6 - those guys just really showed their ignorance cause a Ducati is the best handling motorcycle I have ever been on BAR NONE !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it