Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• That was the old rule of law - now if you are under the influence behind the wheel engine on or off you can be charged (not all jurisdictions but many). Example - I live on an island having 2 draw bridges to get off. There are 3 bars on the island of 1100 (remember were coonasses) and I can’t tell you how many people have stopped at the bridge for a boat to pass, turned the engine off, and either went to sleep or passed out. They are woke up with the PoPo knocking on the window. It is quite the revenue stream for our fine parish!!

PS - if you disrespect the law here - no matter the race or color - it is just about certain you will receive a major attitude adjustment!! Just comply with the officer no matter how wrong they may be and live to hire a lawyer😂😂

Having grown up as a middle / upper middle class white kid in a very predominantly upper middle class white area I have to believe that my experiences are no doubt very different from what kids in the inner city experience - I also suspect that the pressures put on police were probably much less for the cops working where and when I grew up

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• That was the old rule of law - now if you are under the influence behind the wheel engine on or off you can be charged (not all jurisdictions but many). Example - I live on an island having 2 draw bridges to get off. There are 3 bars on the island of 1100 (remember were coonasses) and I can’t tell you how many people have stopped at the bridge for a boat to pass, turned the engine off, and either went to sleep or passed out. They are woke up with the PoPo knocking on the window. It is quite the revenue stream for our fine parish!!

PS - if you disrespect the law here - no matter the race or color - it is just about certain you will receive a major attitude adjustment!! Just comply with the officer no matter how wrong they may be and live to hire a lawyer😂😂

And if you are polite with the conversation your just might get a 'pass'.

• actually - - there were 2 times I can recall where the cops did come when I was sleeping in my car because I didnt feel I should drive. One time was on a street outside a bar in Sierra Madre that just happened to be just a few doors down from the police station and the second was on a street outside a house where a party had been held. On the street outside the bar the cop told me to go back to sleep and not to even put the key in the ignition or they would have to arrest me (like I said the cop shop was 2/3 doors down the street and cops were walking by all the time. the time outside the party they told me I couldnt stay there and to call a friend which I did and they drove me home

neither time did they do a field sobriety test -I told them I had been drinking and neither time did they even attempt to arrest me - actually seemed mostly concerned that I was okay and that I would get home safely

thats one of the things I don't know about this event in Atlanta - what crime were they trying to arrest him for - - had to be a warrant or something I would think or perhaps the car was stolen - - cant believe they would want to take him to jail for sleeping in his car and parking it badly

I thought this was interesting... A friend of mine here in Colorado got a DUI for just being in the car drunk no keys in ignition, not even in the drivers seat.... These stupid laws are what let or make the Police harass people when they do not need to.

Can you get a DUI if you sleep in your parked car? The legal answer is yes, you can get charged with a DUI-related offense with no proof of driving, with no keys in the ignition, or even sometimes outside of your car. The proceeding information of this type of driving under the influence charge is outlined below, as well as legal tips and probable cause defenses how to avoid a “DUI while parked” conviction if arrested.

Even if your car doesn’t start, the law under the Supreme Court ruled you can get a DUI without driving and while the car is not moving or parked. Most of us have heard stories from our parents, friends, or relatives about going out “back in the day” and needing to sleep it off in the car. In fact, many of us may have done something similar when we were younger during a vacation or weekend away. While it seems harmless, today, you can actually get a DUI while parked even if you never started or moved the vehicle.

Here is the whole article... https://www.fightduicharges.co…tting-a-dui-while-parked/

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Bill Martin- I am sick and distraught with today’s nit-wit society. So I ask you Sir,

P L E A S E DON’T CHANGE YOUR EMOJI ASSOCIATED TO YOUR NAME.

Contrary to today’s times,I personally do not find it offensive in any manor. It is a part of Our American Heritage as We The People All Are!

• The "defund the police" movement needs to lay out what it really means. Some actually want to abolish the police others want to reform the police. The reform group aren't doing a very good job explaining what that looks like and what the plan is. I have a suggestion to help navigate the issue. Only call the police when there is a threat to life due to criminal activity. Have the police stop conducting enforcement of traffic laws that aren't an immediate threat to life. Anything else simply do online or phone reporting. No chance for the police to overreact to minor problems if they aren't there. As soon as you can show there is a reduced need for police you can cut the size of the organizations.

Let's boycott the police by refusing to use their services.:/

• The "defund the police" movement needs to lay out what it really means. Some actually want to abolish the police others want to reform the police. The reform group aren't doing a very good job explaining what that looks like and what the plan is. I have a suggestion to help navigate the issue. Only call the police when there is a threat to life due to criminal activity. Have the police stop conducting enforcement of traffic laws that aren't an immediate threat to life. Anything else simply do online or phone reporting. No chance for the police to overreact to minor problems if they aren't there. As soon as you can show there is a reduced need for police you can cut the size of the organizations.

Let's boycott the police by refusing to use their services.:/

I think that it should go back to the Sheriff of the western days... He would usually show up a day or two later, listen to the story and determine what was right or wrong. Here in Denver they are or have floated the defund the police idea... There was a shooting the other day and guess what... they wanted the police to take care of it... Hypocrites. I see these videos of clowns out in the streets blocking traffic breaking car windows, kicking the cars, trying to make the people get out of their cars... I just wonder how much more illegal would it be for someone to "fire for effect" a couple of rounds up in the air just to watch the idiots run so the road could be back open... It is coming to that... Today I saw a video of a Black girl talking about all the injustice in this country and it ended with her saying "you had better hope blacks just keep fighting for equality and not revenge"... and I thought.. this civil war that would then be coming will be a lot different than the last one....

• I think that it should go back to the Sheriff of the western days... He would usually show up a day or two later, listen to the story and determine what was right or wrong. Here in Denver they are or have floated the defund the police idea... There was a shooting the other day and guess what... they wanted the police to take care of it... Hypocrites. I see these videos of clowns out in the streets blocking traffic breaking car windows, kicking the cars, trying to make the people get out of their cars... I just wonder how much more illegal would it be for someone to "fire for effect" a couple of rounds up in the air just to watch the idiots run so the road could be back open... It is coming to that... Today I saw a video of a Black girl talking about all the injustice in this country and it ended with her saying "you had better hope blacks just keep fighting for equality and not revenge"... and I thought.. this civil war that would then be coming will be a lot different than the last one....

Most of them do not have a clue about what the Civil War was about.

• Bill Martin- I am sick and distraught with today’s nit-wit society. So I ask you Sir,

Contrary to today’s times,I personally do not find it offensive in any manor. It is a part of Our American Heritage as We The People All Are!

Truth be told, I like his old avatar better

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

No worries there Sir!! I got nothing against anyone who wants to fly a BLM Flag but I’ll be dammed is somebody will tell me I can’t fly my rebel flag!! They may want to rewrite history and do away with anything that commemorates the Civil War but that crap ain’t workin at my house!! Ain’t gonna go at FunCycle ’s house neither😂😂! If I could buy all the statues they are tearing down and defacing I would gladly put them in my yard as a museum to honor ancestors who fought for what they believed in and their way of life even though they were on the wrong side of history. I am offended by Gen Sherman’s march to Atlanta destroying everything in his path soldier or civilian, women and children, having a a huge statue in Washington DC. Just because I’m offended does not mean I wouldn’t fight for it to stay right where it is. If we cancel out every that offends or remove history of how this country evolved what do we really have for going forward??

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I think it would be a great idea to include proper driver interaction with law enforcement as a requirement and having it intergraded into the process of obtaining a drivers license.

• that flag should be removed immediately.

And to the other post .... firing bullets into the air is dangerous and illegal. Many people have been killed by falling bullets.

Uh, I think you missed the point... I know firing bullets into the air is dangerous and illegal... But so is blocking traffic on a 6 lane highway... braking windows out of cars and trying to drag people out of their cars.... Hell, use a blank... the noise is what the bitches will run from...

As for the flag... yes, she must remove it....

• So let’s put these “protests” into perspective. Wendy’s - a national restaurant chain calls the police because a man is in their drive thru passed out. The police respond and ends up with that person shot and killed. The “protest’s” response is to literally burn that business down. Just exactly what was Wendy’s supposed to do? Let the guy stay there until he woke up thus impeding a large portion of their income for the day?? If the government allows this to continue how long will it be before these “protests” become judge, jury, and executioner of citizens they find to be offensive or racist or whatever the flavor of the day is? If the liberals take over in November it will no longer be Make America Great Again but Make Anarchy Great Again!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it