Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

Took the boat up to camp a couple weeks ago, the RV is fueled up, packed, and the toy trailer hooked up.

We did the Christmas thing with the family yesterday and are heading out at the crack of dawn to spend the rest of the year in the woods and unplugged.

Keep an eye on things for me and we hope you and your families all have a very, merry Christmas and an absolutely stupendous New Year.

See y'all in 2020 ..... I bet it is going to be quite a year ...

Oh... almost forgot ... gotta keep on topic ....

......... winning.JPG

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• Heard an interesting legal perspective on the impeachment.

The articles are being held from the Senate because an easy defense has been brought to light.

The biggest part if the obstruction and abuse articles hinge on Trump blocking witnesses and documents via executive privilege. As long as the legal challenges to the subpoenas is ongoing he can't be compelled to produce. Using his failure to comply (while it's still in the courts) to make the impeachment case fall on it's face.

• I forgot to mention, the "morons" may have payed attention to the hearings, which Pence was very much mentioned as somebody with knowledge of the "drug deal", by several witnesses. Just saying.;)

• “RICH” is a relative term. Can someone please explain to me where the break off point from “middle class” to “upwardly mobile” to “rich” to“filthy rich” is?? IMO all the class warfare is not doing the country any favors. I do know one thing - I saw a terrifying segment on the news this AM. There is a possibility that Sanders will pick AOC for his VP if nominated. Can you imagine if elected and Bernie kicks the bucket and AOC becomes President of the United States ?? You may not be able to define “rich” but I bet you will damn well be able to define “poor” !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• “RICH” is a relative term. Can someone please explain to me where the break off point from “middle class” to “upwardly mobile” to “rich” to“filthy rich” is??

I can't answer that brother Bill....no clue.

But I know what they have in common.....

They all never have enough money!!!

:00008356::00008356::00008356::00008356::00008356::00008356::00008356::00008356::00008356::00008356::00008356::00008356::00008356::00008356::00008356::00008356::00008356::00008356:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• “RICH” is a relative term. Can someone please explain to me where the break off point from “middle class” to “upwardly mobile” to “rich” to“filthy rich” is?? IMO all the class warfare is not doing the country any favors. I do know one thing - I saw a terrifying segment on the news this AM. There is a possibility that Sanders will pick AOC for his VP if nominated. Can you imagine if elected and Bernie kicks the bucket and AOC becomes President of the United States ?? You may not be able to define “rich” but I bet you will damn well be able to define “poor” !!

At this stage of my life I would consider $200,000 in the bank rich

• At this stage of my life I would consider $200,000 in the bank rich

At age 66 your life expectancy is 17.2 years. if all you have is $200,000 in the bank not counting earnings that is only $11,627.91 per year to live on - - - - pretty far from rich if you ask me

on the other hand if you are 95 years old where the expectancy is only 2.83 years then you would have $70,671.38 per year - - - -never mind, that still isnt even close to being rich

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• At age 66 your life expectancy is 17.2 years. if all you have is $200,000 in the bank not counting earnings that is only $11,627.91 per year to live on - - - - pretty far from rich if you ask me

on the other hand if you are 95 years old where the expectancy is only 2.83 years then you would have $70,671.38 per year - - - -never mind, that still isnt even close to being rich

That would be all of the extra, as I call it that I would require. I do not have anyone to impress and as to retirement I had all of my material things paid off when I turned 55 and I am not crazy enough to move and start over again.so all I need at this time is the toys and some kind of year round transportation besides the Sling. Also Like EricRedSL said about the Social Security. Unlike my dumb ass cousin he told me the SS check would pay the house payment and still working would take care of the rest. Hey I worked for 45 years and it is time to enjoy life.