Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

Once again ... by virtue of the fact that they represent a specific party and their constituents .... that the Senate Impeachment Trial is not a traditional court of law (especially this time since no crime is alleged) .. there is not, never was, will not be an expectation or requirement to be impartial. If so every dem Senator that is or has run for their parties nomination would have to recuse themselves since they have all publicly called for the Presidents impeachment. Just another dem and MSM talking point without basis in fact or historical precedent that is a mirror image of their position during the last impeachment.

....... politician-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• "Not based in fact"? Twas in their oath sir. Not a fictional belief, item, or story, but a real, factual, true life, actually took place oath sir.

I like how you call things a Dem, MSM talking point. Where did I hear those claims before? Oh, that is right. Those are Republican, FOX News talking points.:00008356:

• The Democrats are trying to lower the standard for impeachment from "high crimes or misdemeanors" to "we don't like what you did"

Just like Wolf the democrats didnt like Trump before he was elected, and just like Wolf that is all they need to justify wanting him out of office

As a side note did you all notice the protestors outside the congress the day they voted to impeach? A bunch of of them were actually holding signs that read "Impeach Trump and Pence"

These morons are so stupid they don't even realize that Pence hasn't even been mentioned in the impeachment and if by some miracle Trump were actually removed from office Pence would becomes President - like they say "you can't fix stupid"

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• By the way, calling for a Trumps impeachment based on proven allegations is not in itself partial. What is partial and hurts any future argument that, "we believe in the constitution and the rule of law" is when people applaud the turning of a blind eye, defense of the indefensible and refuse to seek the entire truth out of fear of the truth and loyalty to their party. False Patriots is my name for such people, which has NEVER been uttered by the Dems or MSM.;)

• Twas in their oath sir

No one has taken the pre-trial affirmation yet (Article I, section 3, clause 6 of the Constitution) ..... and may never ..... wink-squared

So yes I will concede as stated and without context my comment was incorrect. Senators will take an oath to be partial to the Constitution. I failed to make myself clear so also failed to make my point.

By the way, calling for a Trumps impeachment based on proven allegations is not in itself partial. What is partial and hurts any future argument that, "we believe in the constitution and the rule of law" is when people applaud the turning of a blind eye, defense of the indefensible and refuse to seek the entire truth out of fear of the truth and loyalty to their party. False Patriots is my name for such people, which has NEVER been uttered by the Dems or MSM.;)

Either way nothing has been "proven" only opinions and interpretations offered. Guilty until proven innocent is not the way our system works sir, so all things are defensible no matter how much some may disagree with or find an action abhorrent. However I do agree, "False Patriots" is a perfect description for the dems involved in this circus.

Edited 2 times, last by Orangeman ().

• Yup, you sure nailed me. It isn't the fact that Trump withheld aid to pressure Ukraine to smear a political opponent, an obvious abuse of power, illegal request of a foreign contribution to an election campaign and clear violation of the constitution, it's because I don't like him:/. All of which has been admitted to by Trump, Mulvaney, Rudy and House Republicans(they only argue "why" Trump did it).

On that note. Republicans like to say the House hearings were unfair because the Dems didn't allow testimony by the witnesses Republicans requested. I watched and listened to the whole thing. The witnesses the Republicans requested had one thing in common, they would prove the Biden's were acting illegally. In the Republicans view, the Biden's being bad means Trump was right to go after the Biden's. Unfortunately, Biden's guilt has no bearing on Trumps guilt. Two wrongs don't make a right.

The question that nobody has adequately answered, sorry Orangeman , is Why? Why are the Biden's the only, the only investigation sought for the release of aid? Even more importantly. Why was an announcement on T.V. of the investigation into the Biden's the only part required for release of aid?

The clear answer to both as it appears would be this. To hurt a political opponent. Also, an forced announcement on TV of the investigation could happen before the official deadline to release aid arrived, this would keep the most in the US in the dark as to the hold and the Ukrainians never knowing the official deadline existed would believe that there would actually be an unending hold until the announcement. Pretty smart, until you get caught.

Your right though Edward Neal , Myself and the Democrats never liked Trump. We called him a con artist from the beginning. Unfortunately a con artist has the ability to convince many people to see them as honest, upfront, friendly, believable people that are doing great things for them. I personally called him a con artist when there were still 20 Republicans running for office. I did not say the same of all Republican canidates. I personally said ANYONE (not "any Democrat") except Trump, Bernie and Hillary back when there were 30 people running for office. You see, I have not changed my position on Trump because he was elected, like many Party over Country folk have.

He is as shady as they come and should be watched very closely, has been watched very closely and was caught doing shady stuff. Weird how that works.:/

• I'm sure if the Dems take the Senate in November it will take place.^^ Is that a legal possibility? It would appear very, very wrong.

• Sooooo WOLF - you are saying that the Commander and Chief (no matter who) should never ask a foreign government (known to be mainly corrupt) about a PREVIOUS VP who happens to be running for President asking to check into him and his sons ties to a corrupt company by threatening to withhold US aid if they don’t fire the prosecutor investigating them. I really don’t think you or anybody else can read Trump’s mind. You have no idea what he knows or knew at the time. Remember when everybody said he was crazy when he said his campaign was being spied on ?? He knew something stank then also !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I'm sure if the Dems take the Senate in November it will take place.^^ Is that a legal possibility? It would appear very, very wrong.

While it has no precedent many say yes ... however if they fail to send the articles before the election and the R's take the House they can vote to not transmit the articles and expunge the impeachment ....... or non impeachment .....

..... angel-squared

• He was found to be guilty in the House. By your standard, Nixon was never found guilty, he simply resigned and Clinton never lied to Congress. Both of which never were "convicted" by the Senate yet impeached by the House.

You are correct that SOME of "the Dems involved in this circus" are False Patriots, possibly most. By my definition of my term, there are False Patriots on all sides.

False Patriot: A person that claims to love their country, claims the protection of their country is paramount, claims their countries laws and constitution are the cornerstones of their countries greatness that need be respected and obeyed at all costs,

HOWEVER...

They will cheer the burning of their countries flag.

They will spit on and put down our officers that protect those laws.

They as protectors of laws, break those laws.

They say it's ok to cheat in elections because, "the other parties do it".

They are ok with the gerrymandering of election maps if it helps their party, even though it clearly rigs open and free elections.

They turn a blind eye and/or support violations of laws and constitutional laws as long as it benefits them or their party.

They will try to limit or remove access to certain/all guns, when the constitution clearly gives us that right as a means to fight the government, if the government turns on the people.

There are so many more instances, but you get the premise.

• So your sayin POLITICS SUCK right :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• actually the House never impeached Nixon

And technically tha house has not impeached Trump - to finalize what they voted for and make it legal it needs to be sent to the Senate - until that happens it is not done

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• actually the House never impeached Nixon

And technically tha house has not impeached Trump - to finalize what they voted for and make it legal it needs to be sent to the Senate - until that happens it is not done

Thanks for the correction. You are correct on Nixon. I'm not sure on the Trump part. Can I substitute Johnson for Nixon?:)