Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• A playground bully picking on a weaker child is in and of itself a show of paranoia and weakness. There is something behind the curtain yet to be seen but there was no need for this to happen.

The only thing I can think of is Putin is in trouble in his own country and believes this in someway will unify Russia - If so he will find it will only be a short lived diversion.

What looks like OMG Russian aggression may actually turn out to be a desperate move by a short-lived dictator.

Putin should definitely be sleeping with one eye open. A military coup in a communist totalitarian dictatorial nation is not without precedent. Especially when 70% of your revenue is derived from one source - petroleum. And those that reap its rewards now have a target on their back.

AND

If sanctions do come, the axe should be ready at the root of the German nation should they go ahead with the Russian pipeline. Only a fool feeds the beast that threatens them OR it reveals their true alliances. Pick a team.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited 3 times, last by SoCal ().

• Before we all become experts in foreign policy... this region like the middle east has been in conflict since before there even was a United States of America... I realize a bunch of skeptics do not like like Wikipedia, but this information is readily available in any library as well...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…om%20the%20Soviet%20Union.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• The World is watching - - - Will the U.S. actually help Ukraine as we have promised - Security Agreement

Reading that link it looks to me as if our government has agreed to support that goes well beyond "sanctions" - - so what will we actually do to support the Ukraine?

If its only "Sanctions" how will that impact the view of our commitments to protect other regions of the world like Taiwan?

If we go beyond "Sanctions" and fully commit to Ukraine giving them everything they need short of actual boots on the ground how will Russia respond to that?

the history of this area of the world really does not matter at this point in time - what matters now is our actions or lack of actions and how the rest of the world & Russia respond.

this is not some third world camel farm where we can send in some drone to take out their leader and hide thousands of miles away safe at home and its also not something we can turn our backs on and look weak to the rest of the world either. This is a full blown can of worms - - - - This administration has some very tough decisions to make and if they dont do it right this thing could get very ugly very fast

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• This whole gas problem would go away if Biden would just turn the spigot back on. If he doesn’t him and all the climate change radicals will go down the tubes in flames come election time.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• My prayers go out to the people of Ukraine. It's a battle they know they can't win. I heard on the new this morning they're arming citizens.

"they can't win"??

don't you mean "we" can't win?

Ever since the breakup of the Soviet Union we have been trying to make inroads with former Soviet block countries. We have been constantly trying to get them to move away from their associations with Russia, we have been urging them to embrace democracy. we have been urging them to move their alignments over toward NATO and the United States and all of this time we have been reassuring them "don't worry about Russia! If anything happens we have your back"

no this is not a "they can't win" situation - - this is a giant test of us - - - this is going to show every other country in the world if the U.S. really does stand behind these countries when we tell them we will - If we let Russia reclaim the Ukraine as their territory every promise of protection the United States has ever made to any other country will instantly become worthless.

• As an interesting side noteI have to wonder how much indebtedness our president feels towards the Ukrainian government for all of the millions they funneled to his son Hunter??

Also what leverage did this money buy?

Things that make you hmmmmmm?

• I am not sure where you are getting that we have agreed to support beyond sanctions,

The United States remains dedicated to assisting Ukraine to advance its Euro-Atlantic aspirations in support of a secure, prosperous, democratic, and free Ukraine. The U.S.-Ukraine Charter on Strategic Partnership highlights the importance of the bilateral relationship and the continued commitment of the United States to support enhanced engagement between NATO and Ukraine. Additionally, Ukraine has undertaken significant efforts to reform and modernize its defense sector in line with NATO principles and standards. The United States and its Allies have established a Multinational Joint Commission and Joint Multinational Training Group to coordinate international efforts and help build Ukraine’s defense capacity to deter further Russian aggression."

Everything else in that document refers to money that we will and have spent training and strengthening Ukraine. At least that is how I read it.

As far as third world. Ukraine is the poorest country in eastern Europe and is considered a second world country. We arrogantly thought the NVA were inferior and they outlasted us, we did the same in the middle east...

I agree, if there were to be a conflict with Russia the US would be facing a force equal to ours. The difference is, the Russians are a bit more aggressive and cruel when it comes to war. They also do not have the idiots in Washington to contend with.

I hope that history does teach us something in that we should not be poking our nose in the whole worlds affairs... as the last two wars of 40 years historically should have taught us. Just my two cents... and certainly not an expert on foreign policy.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

Precisely .....

If Russia limits this action to the Ukrainian borders then there is no, none, nyet, meiyou,situation where a single (recognized) member of the US armed forces will set foot in or occupy the maritime or airspace recognized as existing within the countries legal borders.

This is without a doubt a question if "they" can win becasue it is they who will be fighting and dying for their country. All we can do is supply materials (which we can no longer deliver directly), money, cyber, and intelligence support along with the world trying to strangle the Russian economy. Which is just about impossible given the relationship and new agreements between Russia and China. China has agreed to make up sanction losses by purchasing all surplus coal, oil, and agricultural products Russia can produce. China will not let Russia fall and it is up to the Ukrainian people to make sure Russia cannot hold their country.

.......... bored-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• I've seen several posts on Facebook about why Ukraine matters. A song lyric from Tom MacDonald says it best:

"And big oil runs the world, the only wars that get fought are with the countries who have natural resources they want"