Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Many contributing factors, snowball effect. Greed from multiple sources. When the jobs go the tax base and incoming revenue decline. Look at the population decline. It's somewhere around 60% from the 50's. It would be fair to say the at the same time the operating costs to keep up with the failing property just in manpower & recourses leads to increased costs further accelerating the decline.

I see many failing properties in Philly. I always ask why doesn't the city have a way to take control of that failing property and at minimum clear it out lending to a more attractive space that new business may consider operating in?

Jobs!

• Why haven't any of the news outlets reported that north Korean leader Kim Jong Un is dead?

Did you see CNN deleted their tweets with the claim:

From a foreign press source much closer to NK:

In a statement, a spokesman for the South’s presidential Blue House said: “We have nothing to confirm and no special movement has been detected inside North Korea as of now.” Some South Korean officials raised doubts about the credibility of the sourcing.

Reporting from inside the isolated country is notoriously difficult, especially on anything to do with the North’s leadership, which is among its most closely-guarded secrets.

Both the unification ministry – which handles inter-Korean relations – and the defence ministry declined to comment. Moon Chung-in, the security adviser to South Korean President Moon Jae-in, told AFP that he had not heard anything on Kim’s health.

The North’s state media last reported on Kim’s activities on April 12, but previous absences on his part from the public eye have also prompted speculation about his health. Analysts expressed caution over the Daily NK report.

Ahn Chan-il, a defector-turned-researcher based in Seoul, said heart surgery required sophisticated medical equipment “only accessible in facilities in Pyongyang”, adding it was “unreasonable” to transport it elsewhere for the operation.

“Nothing is confirmed at this point, and it’s too early to make a conclusion about his condition,” he added.

......... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• reading this.....there should be federal auditors, bankers and others paid by the federal government making All city’s financial decisions, not elected officials. I’d bet most mayors And other elected officials aren’t financial experts.....So no trust should be put in their hands....

in the old days the tried and true mortgage criteria You had to have was 35% total debt load, No more than one weeks gross pay Goes to mortgage. 10% savings. 20% down payment.
    so there should be a standard financial formula for cities that must be followed regardless of political affiliation, based on sound financial principles.(Formulas) With checks and balances.

the same should hold true to states also....and the country. Keep All politicians out of financial decisions. Rainy day savings accounts should be mandatory...

we are the “United“ States that form one country ....things need to change. We can’t have Some states Going bankrupt and others at the top of the mountain. with a set Financial formula mismanagement Could be eliminated. Based on income tax, sales tax and such you have x amount to spend for this, and x amount for that....

Maybe the federal government should take over all the infrastructure for the country...take it off the states...all state roads should be the same quality....sewerage and water should all be the same quality..

Everyone pays the same Set tax rate....people shouldn’t be moving out of some states and into others based on tax rates....

• Bill Martin - hope you are all well at your spot.

Question; Perhaps this is a state issue and not a national one but they do intersect. From an average joe standpoint to what degree can a state or federal government "tell" you what you can and can't do in an "emergency"? I get martial law and its enactment but that was not done here. Americans are very tolerant and forgiving in an emergency but there are limits. We do have a bill of rights. From my standpoint a governor just willy nilly saying "you have to do this now" is dictatorial. Don't legislators have to MAKE LAWS not governors just saying so?

In short - is it legal for a governor to TELL their constituents to do something without the backing of the legislature or a vote or an invoking of a "SPECIAL emergency"? And if they do isn't it for only a limited ( short ) time? Or perhaps governors in different states have different powers but all must adhere to the constitution and bill of rights.

I think you know where I am going here. As in a previous post in another thread I mentioned that 40K people defied a stay at home order and went to the beach with no repercussions. If 40K people went out and robbed banks all in one day needless to say there would be repercussions. Not robbing banks is law - is the stay at home order "law" or a suggestion? So the "stay at home" decree is not law I would assume. But a guideline, a suggestion not truly enforceable.

There is a protest organizer in San Diego that is facing jail time for a protest. While millions of SoCal residents are "out and about" one could say in defiance of the stay at home order. Selective enforcement of the law ( I know it does happen ) should not be the norm. I predict and justifiably so a flurry of law suits coming out of this.

What say you?

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• New York grenades political process

I love this s#it - - - anything that highlights the lie that the voters actually pick who they really want is a very good thing

:00008674:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• That is a really good question in this unprecedented time. While some of these directives (not laws) are supposed to be protective for public safety they are clearly in violation of the Constitution and Bill of Rights. I do not believe anyone arrested for their civil disobedience - I highly doubt charges thereof will stand under judicial review. I’m quite sure by the next time we have a crisis like this there will be laws on the books making it very clear what can and cannot be done - a lawyers dream 😂😂

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it