Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Yeah, I agree with this in principle... however California politicians made it a law that I had to join a union in order to work as a teacher. The California Teacher's Assn (CTA) took over $30,000 from me over my career - and they used much of it to fund the campaigns of leftist Democrats so hideous that I wouldn't deign to pee on them if they were on fire.

If I had that $30K invested reasonably - plus the far greater sum that I contributed to my own retirement (exclusive of the matching pension funds) - I would indeed be well off and probably not have to be working today.

There are MANY ways for the corrupt politicians and union bosses to tip the scale in their favor!

Like I said above, I dont blame most of the employees, often like you they have no choice and if someone offered me benefits I would probably take them - - My best friend who I call my brother works in a government job for a school district in Oregon, did the same thing before going up there down here in CA - - He often says if it were up to him most of the benefits he gets that regular people dont get he vote against, but he also says if they are stupid enough to give them he is going to take them - - He is honest about it, knows he doesnt deserve special treatment and will flat out admit it - - - - What I dont like are the Government employee suck ups who actually think others owe it to them - they sit there with a straight face and try to justify why they are owed more than the very people who pay them - - - - - the selfishness is just beyond my understanding - and oh boy the things they will say to try to justify it WOW

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• WOW!! Took the words right out of my mouth! Well said. It is easy to give away someone else’s money.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I think you missed my question so here it is again - - would you vote to have yourself taxed to provide the pension for State government employees in another state?

usually when I try to get a straight answer from you you never give a direct answer - will you now?

this is what Mitch said he was against - using federal coronavirus stimulus to bail out the under funded pensions that some states have that are not in any way related to coronavirus

So give me a straight answer - if your States pension is nicely funded, your State did everything right and you helped pay for it in your States taxes - - would you now vote, if given the chance, to have your federal taxes go to some other State that failed to to budget correctly and now wants money for their pension plan???

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• NO.;)

I agree with the premise of Mitch's statement.

However, Mitch in his statement which his office titled, "...blue state bailout" implied there would be no further corona virus funds for those states because any funds the Dems ask for now is probably to shore up their failed state.

On top of that, it is rich that Mitch from a state that takes $143B a year more than it puts in has any high horse on which to stand in regards to paying other states pensions. I'm sure all of Kentucky's pensions don't add up to $143 billion a year.

When I had no pension, working construction. I voted for every millage that I was asked to for police, fire, teachers and yes, even public works. Even then I appreciated public servants that made more than me.:)

• Holy Cow!!! I think my message to the CDC reached Trump. He bumbled it a little, but has the gist of what I mentioned to the CDC.

I told the CDC that, "in late January early February, I had Covid like symptoms. This was "before it hit Michigan". I had a cough for 2 weeks, somewhere in there I had a mild fever on and off for about 6 hours of one day. One day at work I was having mild shortness of breath. Everyone in our shop was coughing so we had to clean trucks. I was cleaning truck interiors with a foaming disinfectant for a few hours. As is usual with any aerosol can, some product gets turned into mist throughout the cabin that I inhaled as I cleaned each truck. After cleaning those trucks my shortness of breath was gone.

That reminded me of a time a couple years ago, I had bad congestion and had to clean trucks. After which my congestion was cleared up".

I then asked if they have thought about a disinfectant inhaler for those that would otherwise die in a couple days on a ventilator.

So that was my idea. A disinfectant inhaler to fight the virus in the lungs where it does the most damage.

• What a bunch of crazy liberal sources - why leave out CNN, NPR, and some AOC commentary -,your really going to quote The Guardian ??.

Maybe I’ll quote mad magazine for anti Dem stories...

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• You do realize that home schooled kids are the only ones actually finishing this years curriculum.

30 years ago a co workers girlfriend taught reading Classes in college..Meaning Some people that graduated High school couldn’t even read....

so who passed their SAT tests and college entrance exams? Maybe they got a pass because of some reason....

• Told you it has never been thought of or done before. A bunch of people that can't think outside the box are calling Trump an idiot. I'm sorry for that.

Well, admittedly while I understood what he was trying to say it did come out a little unorganized, more a stream of thought playing out in real time and was posed as a question to the Doctors in the room, not a statement or suggestion as it is being represented. When he said it my first thought was "well this is going to be easy to twist".

Your idea isn't far fetched at all, we have Navage systems that flush out the sinuses and Nebulizers that mist medication directly to the lungs. When he said it I thought about Perfluorocarbon liquid breathing fluid ... you ever seen the movie ABYSS. That technology exists and has been around for almost 60 years. Could it be used to flush and medicate the lungs directly.

While you explained it much better, yours and his ideas are the kind of out of the box thinking those in a profession would rarely think of because they are so focused on traditional paths. Lots of breakthroughs happen that way and I agree, when we don't have a solution or even a proven treatment all possibilities should be considered. Seems those that mock unique ideas usually don't have the depth to consider new ideas or simply have an agenda toward the person making the suggestion. I think both are happening here.

.... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• What a bunch of crazy liberal sources - why leave out CNN, NPR, and some AOC commentary -,your really going to quote The Guardian ??.

Maybe I’ll quote mad magazine for anti Dem stories...

I didn't quote anyone. That was a screen shot from the Google search, "Trump disinfectant fox news". I tried to get your favorite source, it didn't exist last night. It does now.

Your post informs me that you clearly didn't read my post.

• 1. If states go bankrupt all those people expecting a pension will lose it. The government pension assistance fund or whatever it’s called will give them half of their pension. If it’s even still funded.

2. most teachers and government employees can retire after 20 years. A very nice perk.

3. a defined pension is a perk for loyalty.

• as far a Mitch or anyone complaining about how much this is going to cost to keep the economy afloat (trillions... my estimate is our national debt will double to 40 trillion) is an idiot. If our economy crashes the world goes with us. All will be lost and 1929 will look like a church picnic. Evening Mitch loses half his wealth he will still be rich .... where will we be? There really is no question about how much it’s going to cost. The question is how much will it cost to lose the world?

• 1. If states go bankrupt all those people expecting a pension will lose it. The government pension assistance fund or whatever it’s called will give them half of their pension. If it’s even still funded.

2. most teachers and government employees can retire after 20 years. A very nice perk.

3. a defined pension is a perk for loyalty.

Detroit comes to mind...

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎