Catastrophic brake failure issue

• The small print .......

"WHAT IS NOT COVERED (EXCLUSIONS): AS RELATED AND APPLICABLE TO THE COVERED VEHICLE, THIS SERVICE CONTRACT DOES
    NOT COVER ANY MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN, DAMAGE, REPAIRS OR LOSS IN CONNECTION WITH OR RESULTING FROM:

7. Any repair costs or expenses if the Vehicle has had mechanical alterations made by You not using genuine manufacturer parts or
    accessories installed by a Dealer or Authorized Servicer (as defined); regardless of whether or not such alterations caused a failure;"

............... Polaris extended warranty.pdf

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• MY warranty expires in about 2 weeks. I was thinking about buying the extended warranty, but Polaris seems to be very inconsistent on what they will cover. I hope to finally install my Hahn turbo soon, but I am concerned about Polaris reneging coverage of trouble prone items such as the angle drive seals or the rear axle/bearings. I'm taking my Slingshot in to get my my rear axle checked for a loud clicking noise this week and hope to install the turbo once that's fixed. I just hope I don't have any major problems after my turbo install!

• MY warranty expires in about 2 weeks. I was thinking about buying the extended warranty, but Polaris seems to be very inconsistent on what they will cover. I hope to finally install my Hahn turbo soon, but I am concerned about Polaris reneging coverage of trouble prone items such as the angle drive seals or the rear axle/bearings. I'm taking my Slingshot in to get my my rear axle checked for a loud clicking noise this week and hope to install the turbo once that's fixed. I just hope I don't have any major problems after my turbo install!

I was always planning on an extended warranty but when I had a conversation with the vendor shortly before my standard warranty expired they said even just having the "normal" modification and specifically having had the ECU tuned along with my many others, that it was not worth it .....Polaris would not cover my unit even if as mentioned in the portion of the warranty terms I posted above the failure had nothing to do with any aftermarket modifications. I was advised that if your Slingshot is not stock or only has modifications offered by Polaris AND a dealer installed them the extended warranty is no good. His honesty lost him a sale but gained my respect .... however not having a worthless extended warranty has been a sticking point for resale ......YMMV .....

I was always planning on an extended warranty but when I had a conversation with the vendor shortly before my standard warranty expired they said even just having the "normal" modification and specifically having had the ECU tuned along with my many others, that it was not worth it .....Polaris would not cover my unit even if as mentioned in the portion of the warranty terms I posted above the failure had nothing to do with any aftermarket modifications. I was advised that if your Slingshot is not stock or only has modifications offered by Polaris AND a dealer installed them the extended warranty is no good. His honesty lost him a sale but gained my respect .... however not having a worthless extended warranty has been a sticking point for resale ......YMMV .....

Not really concerned about resale as I tend to keep my vehicles until they're no longer economical to maintain or I have a catastrophic failure I can't afford to fix. Of course, since we're talking about a Polaris-engineered product, I am concerned with the Poalris' angle-drive and rear-axle designs.

• I am concerned for two thing and found a remedy for them if they die out of warranty.

ECU, if it dies after my warranty expires(dec 2018) I will just switch to the Haltech and know that i will be paying out of pocket for something worthwhile.

The angle drive, if this dies after warranty i will just get the Alpha 4th Wheel kit and be done with the damn angle drive BS.

Everything else is small potatoes.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Not really concerned about resale as I tend to keep my vehicles until they're no longer economical to maintain or I have a catastrophic failure I can't afford to fix. Of course, since we're talking about a Polaris-engineered product, I am concerned with the Poalris' angle-drive and rear-axle designs.

Resale price is never a consideration on anything that I buy. If that is the point do not buy anything and then you do not have to worry about using or driving. that is my 2 cent advise

• Resale price is never a consideration on anything that I buy. If that is the point do not buy anything and then you do not have to worry about using or driving. that is my 2 cent advise

Purchased the SLingshot expecting to have it until the wheels fell off but life happens .....

I never buy toys for resale (or finance them) so just passing along experience just in case anyone cares confused-squared

• so if you added anything at all the extended warranty isn't worth buying...they sound more like an insurance company...deny everything every time...

• Got my SS back from the dealer....said they could not find a brake failure code...but they did something, but I'm not sure what and he said that should take care of the problem.. Didn't change the steering box just the rack steering spline....so I just wait and see if the problem is actually fixed...

• They don't need a code for mushy brakes. It was part of the recall.

They hook up a computer to the rig, and activate the ABS. The ABS pumps brake fluid for a bleed, and gets all (hopefully) of the air out of the system. I had mushy brakes fixed a year and a half ago, and it recently came back. Dealer service fixed it perfectly. Brakes tight as a virgin again. Service dude reports that he ran 6 bottles of brake fluid through.

Very pleased. Weather permitting, I will be at a track on Sunday. I am awful enough on a track without worrying about my brakes.

• Got my SS back from the dealer....said they could not find a brake failure code...but they did something, but I'm not sure what and he said that should take care of the problem.. Didn't change the steering box just the rack steering spline....so I just wait and see if the problem is actually fixed...

You don't get an engine code from the ECU if the speed sensor fails just the warning light about ABS not being able to engage ..... if I remember correctly. You should probably check the receipt you got when you picked it up to know what they did .... or didn't do. Glad you are back up and running and ready for fun