These Things Are Now Being Stolen

• Pro-Tip: if the motor doesn't kick-over... try smacking the backside of it ~> Goosing the exhaust ports, doesn't work on this model!

10/4, glad to add to instructions as well as preproduction libations, all motors need a little hand cranking to really Rev up. Those that have bearings, can use a little handling of the bearing support system as well. What type of guidance system do you require, the plunge or hand guided? We support an oral presentation on site as well, if that will assist.

• Someone stole my gas cap.

Is it ok to still drive it without the cap? I'm concerned about dust/small rocks getting into the tank. Not sure if there is a flap that closes off or not.

Any suggestions for a quick fix on a Sunday?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• 10/4, glad to add to instructions as well as preproduction libations, all motors need a little hand cranking to really Rev up. Those that have bearings, can use a little handling of the bearing support system as well. What type of guidance system do you require, the plunge or hand guided? We support an oral presentation on site as well, if that will assist.

It's a fly-by-wire system requiring just obstacle avoidance controls (cell phones ringing during operation for example, have been known to stall out the entire unit). Oral support is much appreciated for all those in the test proximity.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Wad up some metal mesh and wrap it in a rag... should be fine.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

Edited once, last by ericastar76 ().

• Mateo! You're still here? Thought you sold...

Stay active good sir... :thumbup:

Good luck with your gas problem.... Recommend beano... :P

• It's a fly-by-wire system requiring just obstacle avoidance controls (cell phones ringing during operation for example, have been known to stall out the entire unit). Oral support is much appreciated for all those in the test proximity.

great, we will be glad to present orally at the opening presentation as well as on the equipment on the upper plate. We will enjoy having all in attendance participate in some manner.

The Polaris Sportsman caps fit and are usually a stock item at Polaris Powersports dealers ... SLingshot caps are always special order ....

Some BRP caps also fit but not sure of the model .....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Just got mine yesterday. Changed to the short pipe, and now it fits great. I'm not worried about someone trying to pull the shift knob off. My shift knob was installed almost too well. I'd be hard pressed to get the darn thing off with all the tools at my disposal. I don't think some moron will have what they need in their back pocket in the middle of a parking lot. But lets face it....if someone wants something bad enough, they will find a way to steal it. Hell, they steal Caddy's & Beemers all the time and those vehicles have all kinds of fancy anti-theft sytems!! At least I'm going to make harder for them to simply roll my Sling across the lot!!!Being simple, and inexpensive...this lock is the perfect addition to my Scorpion alarm system, it's easy for the wife to use, and it tucks away nicely in my driver's side cubby. And if none of that works......I've got good insurance..... :00000019::00000019:

Yeah, you really can't do much to prevent someone intent on stealing your Sling. You just want them to believe it isn't worth their time and effort and to move on to their next target.

@MBMedic do you have a link to purchase this??

Amazon.com: Iglobalbuy Car Anti-theft Brake Gear Shift Handbrake Lock For Toyota Honda Audi Nissan: Automotive

You can find them all over Amazon and e-bay which is where I made my purchase. To be honest, this was the only thing that put my mind at ease while traveling on our road trips last year. That and our passcode.

You know... since it is available right through Polaris as a factory option. You might want to ask your dealer about it as well.

• Posted by Carl Good from TDS a while back...

"I recently drove my Slingshot from central North Carolina to northern Massachusetts. On the way I lost my gas cap by driving away from the pump without replacing it. Desperate for a solution I discovered that the cap from my coffee cup was a perfect and snug fit. A little tape secured it until I could purchase a replacement."

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

"I recently drove my Slingshot from central North Carolina to northern Massachusetts. On the way I lost my gas cap by driving away from the pump without replacing it. Desperate for a solution I discovered that the cap from my coffee cup was a perfect and snug fit. A little tape secured it until I could purchase a replacement."

One of the best examples of ingenuity I've seen for a fix on the road, lol.

Awesome

I once saw a video of Sam Owens and to prevent gas cap loss,use a piece of velcro on the side of the cap and stick the other velcro on the rollbar and put cap on the velcro everytime you fuel up. This has saved me from leaving the cap off once so far! Even if you forget to put cap on the cap is still stuck to the velcro. Very cheap mod that we all should do!

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I use one of those Python cable locks and run it through the hole on the swing arm and then through the rear wheel. Bike can only roll a few inches either way and if they feel like trying to cut the cable that's probably where Smith & Wesson would take over the security detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• I tell ya, be it Slingshots or Harleys, you get creative when things break if possible. I once had a shift linkage on my Road King pop the ball out of socket. I was able to fix it with a zip tie and some sunscreen for lube. Ran it the rest of 400 miles home that day, and then for the next week until I could get another one. Zero issues in about 1000 miles with the zip tie fix.

No pics of that one, but we also had my wife's Super Glide loose a shifter end on the road. I stopped at a garage in southeastern Kentucky and got a bolt, a piece of hose, and a hose clamp and made one up for her. That was 2008, and she still carries it in her leather saddle bag "just in case" and for conversation....

• When parked the wheel is turned all the way in one direction so it can be pushed straight back and this Masterlock cuff is connected from the frame to the steering wheel.

It can be purchased on Amazon for about 45.00.

Pulled the trigger on the cuffs from master lock.

Amazon did their thing and had them here in two days.

Impressed with the beefiness. Will deter some and surely slow down others.

Not a bad option for $45

• Bought an OKLOCK A6 from Amazon and it looks like a no-go for Slings. The part that is supposed to slip over the brake handle is too small to work with the stock handle and the lock portion is too thick to work with an aftermarket short shifter and knob.

Be aware BEFORE you purchase, your mods may mean that the lock that works for others may not for you!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

• Bought an OKLOCK A6 from Amazon and it looks like a no-go for Slings. The part that is supposed to slip over the brake handle is too small to work with the stock handle and the lock portion is too thick to work with an aftermarket short shifter and knob.

Be aware BEFORE you purchase, your mods may mean that the lock that works for others may not for you.

I don't know why Polaris used that big ass brake lever cover. That shifter-brake lock works great with an after market brake lever cover. The short shifter problem sucks though.