How hard is rear bearing replacement?

• Wasn't loose at all. No wobble, and I was reefing on it. And the nut only turned a quarter inch or less, so I don't really think it was that.
    Bent axle.....f&$%.

I haven't seen the shimmy in the wheel yet, maybe I'll try to get a video or something so I can see degrees of badness. Increased tire wear, I understand. But it's not like the damn thing is gonna fall off....right? LOL

Not being able to drive this thing is killing my soul, I swear.

I just don't think it is your bearings, it's in the tire, rim or a bent axle. You just need to narrow it down and it is leading to the axle. It will not fall off, it just wears the tire an brakes.

• I just don't think it is your bearings, it's in the tire, rim or a bent axle. You just need to narrow it down and it is leading to the axle. It will not fall off, it just wears the tire an brakes.

Take the wheel off and have it speed balanced - that will confirm the wheel is ok - cant cost more that $15
    Check the top shock bolt makes sure it didn't come loose.

Put the ass end up on jacks and let it spin at idle - remember belt tension will be way off when jacked up - look to see if the rear pulley got whacked

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• FELLAS: Its NOT the tire, or the rim. I have brand new, barely-driven, never-wrecked tire and rim on the back (actually, all 3) that I just put on there. Sounds to me like it's gotta be the axle.

Mitch, man, I love ya, but you gotta remember I dont have anywhere near the experience you do at putting shit back together - just breaking it. I wouldn't even know what to look for.

• Jared

It takes a whole lot of hit to bed that axel - new never used wheel could be out of balance doesn't mean it is bad.
    You ever see how much weight they have to use to balance these things sometimes.
    and don't think I am so smart - I am the idiot who had the wheel come loose and didn't figure it out.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Take the wheel off and have it speed balanced - that will confirm the wheel is ok - cant cost more that $15Check the top shock bolt makes sure it didn't come loose.

Put the ass end up on jacks and let it spin at idle - remember belt tension will be way off when jacked up - look to see if the rear pulley got whacked

Jack it up at the swing arm cross member, belt tension should stay about the same. I always use the swing arm to jack up the rear end.

• @mniron, @MACAWS, @FunCycle....its the axle or the bearings, but it's visible. I got the wheel off, put it in gear and let it roll...I'm looking down the axle, and I'm watching it wobble.

F&$%.

So, does swingarm replacement include the axle, or do I need to give them a heads up to order a new one of those also?

I suppose there is one hell of a story to go with that!
    I guess we should wait on sideseatdriver to tell us the truth

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• No story beyond the initial idiocy, fellas. Sorry to disappoint.

Stupid humans and their stupid tricks

I am all thumbs when I replied to your question about the axle, well, I see it did not post 4 hours ago. So about the axle, tell the dealer you will need one because the of the wheel wobble. Admit nothing, you have a good wheel that shows no damage. On second thought, maybe this is a job for @sideseatdriver. If the dealer does not have the axle on hand when the swingarm is in, you will end up just waiting longer. The axle is not standard replacement with the swingarm recall.

• Apparently its damn near fucking impossible to change, I took my Sling in in October because of the noise. My warranty was about to expire and it was getting cold Here. The recall came out the next day. I called the dealer and told him about it and He suggested I leave it there in their covered lot until parts arrive

January they called and said parts were on the way,

Mid February they called and said it was on the way,

February 28 I got the swing-arm, I told them I would remove the bearnigs and have it powder coated and return it, I bought new bearings because I knew the possibility of damaging them would be high. I returned the swing-arm to the dealer a week later. A week went by and they called and said it was ready. I went to pick it up and it had the traction control and anti lock lights on. I took it for the night because I had a package to deliver about 80 miles away and I wanted to drive the damn thing, it had been five months.

I took it back to the dealer a couple of days later so they could fix the lights. They said that the bearings were installed wrong. They looked at another replacement swing-arm and installed them the same way. This was apparently wrong.

They damaged the shaft removing the bearings. and now I'm waiting for parts again. :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing: