Touring. How do you carry your spare clothing

• I just ordered my Wycked hitch now I have to come up with a trailer. Don't need a trailer for Maggie Valley as I will be solo but the wife is going to the Rockies event and I will have to pack her stuff also.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• If you got a top.... regular motorcycles bags ( built to be saddlebags) with built in straps. removable at hotel.. took a 17" laptop in a backpack, 2 tablets, 2 gopros, mounts and all the wires behind passenger seat, helmets rain gear and coats behing driver, tools in a large ziplock bag underneath passenger seat, and clothes in the bags. it helps if you plan ahead and stay where there is an on site laundry facility, an absolute MUST for slingshots not trailered, and for travels without a trailer in tow.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Just put a deposit on a pull behind trailer, hoping to pick it up later this week. Wicked hitch and Tric LED plate relocator ordered. I'm hoping the wicked hitch will not be difficult to install ?
    Will be using this set up for driving to Sling Shot in the Rockies event this year. Round trip with some touring going to be about 2 weeks, first extra long road trip driving the Sling.

Congratulations SLLE love mine plus saving $$$ on Campsites

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Don't know if I'm gonna make any rallies this year but Sweet Debbie and I will be traveling this summer. Thinking of sissy bar bags on the roll hoops. Any ideas are greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Why not pull a Go Easy or the SylvanSport Go , just back from Bike Week with mine ?

• I just ordered my Wycked hitch now I have to come up with a trailer. Don't need a trailer for Maggie Valley as I will be solo but the wife is going to the Rockies event and I will have to pack her stuff also.

Omg , Did you know your dream trailer is the Go Easy nearby in Brevard , NC at SylvanSport let them know you saw Roadwarrior setup Stephen

• You could solve the clothing storage issues by only traveling to nudist resorts. But then you'll probably have the same issue i have when I arrive. My clothes are all wrinkled

awww buddy if you go to the correct resorts the wrinkles come right out ..... heck it then becomes a direction you're traveling indicator

• @Dude

Polaris Slingshot Trailer Hitch by Alpha Powersport On sale now for $475

Polaris Slingshot SS Cruiser Towable Trailer by Bushtec For a trailer if you are a stickler for something that matches your machine. Otherwise, there are a lot of trailers out there for $1000 or less for used, and really nice new ones under $2500

@rabtech had one for sale, not sure if it remains available though.

Enjoy the trips :)

• @Dude l'm going to be posting images soon of some simple bags I designed just for this reason. Simple 10" round by 20" long roll bar mounted bags. Production sample will be in this week. Will be posting images in my vendor section. Got to get that rolling.

Sent from my E6810 using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• You guys slay me! Here Is what real Slingers do:

Wear 3 shirts, 3 pair of jeans, 3 pairs of socks and 2 pair of underwear ( which counts for 4 pair when turning inside out), a pair of shoes. Each day remove the layer closest the skin and reverse underwear.

This gets you 3 days of riding with clothes and 1 day of riding in your reversed underwear. (Same shoes)
    On the end of the fourth day, put everything back on and find a body of water. Repeat. Problem solved!

• @Ruptured Duck

Do you think they will lay on top of the new SSV rear speaker pods?
    I hope not I been waiting for the since you showed me the prototype

I am sure they will be top notch!

@MACAWS damn good question. let me review some pictures. the bags secure to the top of the hoops and do hang down. How that interacts with the aftermarket pods I'm not sure.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• well @MACAWS i have some images that show the first prototypes that were 8" in circumference. As you see the bag rested on the hoop rather than the trim below. Looking at the pods and the increase ID to 10" might just make contact. I honestly want know until I get the first production sample. I can send you the 8" bag for you to do some pre-production testing. You should be able to see if the extra 1" will cause a problem for you. I assume your worried about the paint?

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• @Ruptured Duck
    I can tell by the photo that they will hit the pod
    Do you think the top strap could be shortened up enough to raise it up a few inches?
    Is it a velcro starp of does it have a buckle?

If you have samples at maggie I can check them out.
    I can always make adjustemnts to the starps at my friends shop.

They are the perfect solution - I iwll figure out how to make them work.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• There just Velcro looped straps that double back onto themselves. Didn't want buckles that could scratch. If (for painted pods) additional protection is needed I'll see if it can be rolled into the next production run.
    Not sure how to do it and not cause a weeping point into the bags?

(Slingshot Owners Group)