Rabtech's Haltech install and other items to make HP

• It was amazing how much the difference of the temperature was when we shot the IR temp gun on the outside of the charge pipes. We were getting a difference of 30 degrees. The exhaust pipes were as hot as the plate a steak is served on at Ruth Chris and the intake was cold as a wedge salad at a 5 star restaurant....

• Yes it is very noticeable, I was hoping you did some comparisons on your intercooler change out. It would be interesting to know some real numbers between the two. Thanks Rab

• It was amazing how much the difference of the temperature was when we shot the IR temp gun on the outside of the charge pipes. We were getting a difference of 30 degrees. The exhaust pipes were as hot as the plate a steak is served on at Ruth Chris and the intake was cold as a wedge salad at a 5 star restaurant....

When did you learn about SALADS?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Uh Oh....I sure hope nobody is tossing anyone's salad.....this can get awkward real quick...... :00000019:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Yes it is very noticeable, I was hoping you did some comparisons on your intercooler change out. It would be interesting to know some real numbers between the two. Thanks Rab

What if I told you we have some real numbers between the two ? :whistling:

Jeff Mellor
    DDMWorks
    119A Highway 183
    Piedmont, SC 29673
    Orders - 864-438-4949
    Tech Support - 864-907-6004
    www.DDMWorks.com

• Here is what we found -

We started the runs while testing both setups at an intake air temperature of 46F (measured after the intercooler) and coolant temperature of 180-182F. We then started doing full throttle pulls lasting about 7 seconds per run (sweep of 1000RPM per sec) and measured the intake air temp post intercooler after each run, then again after waiting 30 seconds. After the 30 second measurement we then repeated the process for a total of 5 runs. We did the same identical test using both intercoolers on the same engine, same day with the same supercharger setup with the same fan setup blowing on the intercooler. We also measured the pressure at the manifold during all of the runs along with the horsepower and torque each setup made.

The main thing we learned from the testing was that we saw an increased pressure loss with the Alpha intercooler compared to the DDMWorks intercooler, which resulted in lower power with the Alpha intercooler installed. The Alpha intercooler also showed that its outlet temperature continued to rise with each pull on the dyno, while the DDMWorks intercooler did increase temperature from the original start point, but then stabilized temperature. We would like to go back and continue with more testing on the intercoolers to see at what point the Alpha does stabilize and also at what point our intercooler starts to heat soak and rise in temp under the same conditions. With Rabtech's build we know we are pushing everything a lot more than has probably been tested in the past with this setup, so we are doing our best to document as much as possible.

Alpha intercooler -
    Start intake air temp - 46F
    Boost pressure at the manifold during the runs - 8psi
    Peak Power - 305HP

End of Run #1 - 48F
    30 seconds later - 48F
    End of Run #2 - 50F
    30 seconds later - 52F
    End of Run #3 - 52F
    30 seconds later - 52F
    End of Run #4 - 54F
    30 seconds later - 54F
    End of Run #5 - 56F
    30 seconds later -56F

DDMWorks Intercooler -
    Start intake air temp - 46F
    Boost pressure at the manifold during the runs - 9psi
    Peak Power - 325HP

End of Run #1 - 46F
    30 seconds later - 48F
    End of Run #2 - 50F
    30 seconds later - 50F
    End of Run #3 - 50F
    30 seconds later - 50F
    End of Run #4 - 50F
    30 seconds later - 50F
    End of Run #5 - 50F
    30 seconds later -50F

Here is the dyno of the 2 intercoolers -

Have any questions? Just let me know,
    Dave

• And that's why I "ROLL" with DDM ...all the way UP! (Fat Joe song)

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.