Trip to DDM.

• At the risk of sounding stupid, what would happen if you had the exhaust dump valve open at 9 psi or higher? I'd think that would slow down the spooling of the turbo a bit, but still allow much of the back pressure to be relived at higher HP levels. I understand it wouldn't allow you to reach max HP, but possible higher levels than you experienced without leaning so badly. I also think you should have cameras mounted at different viewpoints next time you test just in case the motor does let go. It will be epic and something you'd want to have video of.

• I have the parts ordered to fix the problem. It should act a lot better once I make those changes. I have it safe to drive now. I just have to watch my fuel ratios in 4th and 5th till the parts arrive this week.

If it gets a little warmer today I will take it through the forest. It is 39 degrees right now. And even for a fluffy guy it's too cold.. :)

• I used to love the cold. I can remember building a horse trailer when I was about 18 years old. It was the one year that we had 18" of snow fall in a day. I was tacking some of it together wearing blue jeans and a short sleeve shirt while it was dumping snow on me. I remember propping my elbow on a piece metal that was wet from the snow and pulling the trigger on the MiG welder and shocking myself so freaking bad....

Now when it gets below 60 I remote start my truck and have it turn the heated seats and steering wheel on. I also have it heat the truck to 75 degrees. And I put a hoodie in the truck before I leave. And most of the time I take 2 Aleve because I know I'm going to hurt in all my joints.

God I love getting old... Not!

• At the risk of sounding stupid, what would happen if you had the exhaust dump valve open at 9 psi or higher? I'd think that would slow down the spooling of the turbo a bit, but still allow much of the back pressure to be relived at higher HP levels. I understand it wouldn't allow you to reach max HP, but possible higher levels than you experienced without leaning so badly. I also think you should have cameras mounted at different viewpoints next time you test just in case the motor does let go. It will be epic and something you'd want to have video of.

Not a stupid question actually. The problem is that with the higher boost levels and higher pressure springs in general on his turbo setup the tune does not have enough acceleration enrichment even without the bypass. We did try doing just what you described with his setup and the same lean transient problem was still there. We learned more about the setup that @rabtech is running this weekend and know we are now way beyond what that turbo kit was ever designed to do and the reason we are having to modify things at these power levels. We left @rabtech Slingshot at a place where the Slingshot is able to be driven right now, but have a plan to really get it dialed in and parts on the way to do just that :) I am very confident that the coming changes will really make his a beast and set some new power records for a 4 cylinder Slingshot.

• I guess I can't stand to stop half way. So today I bit the bullet and now I'm in the Elite crowd. I officially gave up on my ECU. I have the Haltech 1500 Elite ECU and Slingshot harness on the way. And a few more things..

I keep saying I'm done. But I guess it's like hard drugs. I just want to see it go to the next step. It's never enough. I have to cross that invisible threshold and to do that I have to be able to tune it while it is on the dyno. And we can't right now. But in a few short days I can. I will also gain the 2-step ignition cut out that sounds cool and makes fire come out. And everyone likes fire!!!!!

I keep telling myself it's a bargain with all those features....

I do have to stop after these last mods and just enjoy driving it. I know it's useless to have over 400hp. And I know there is no logical reason to want more power. But I'm still a kid at heart and damnit I want all the power it has left in it. I feel like it will be exactly where I want it once it's all done.

And you all have my word that it's going to be playtime for the rest of the year once we tune these last goodies. Maybe I can pass on some of the things we have learned to others that want to chase the HP dragon... I can definitely tell you what is needed to get up to a reliable 400hp. And maybe in a few weeks we will be back in South Carolina getting to 550hp and higher.

• Can I "like" that last post???

Ross it's not needed...... Well,,,, it's needed but not necessary..

I'll show up to as many places as I can this year. And I will post videos of it eating tires if I can get someone to video it. I enjoy showing it off and I like bragging... So I'll see you soon somewhere with it.