Got Pulled Over Today

• yes and the one thursday also tornado touched down 4 miles from house weird weather we having here last week we had snow and this week in the 80s

Weird weather, indeed!!! But I wouldn't mind the 80 Degree temps right about now!!! Glad to see you guys are safe.

here in ms they took away cheaper mc tags now all tags are based on retail price not vin

I didn't think this was even possible or even legal.

• Weird weather, indeed!!! But I wouldn't mind the 80 Degree temps right about now!!! Glad to see you guys are safe.

I didn't think this was even possible or even legal.

Never underestimate the creativity of the government when it comes to getting their hand in your pocket!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• "CREATIVITY" Now THAT is an interesting word!!! That's the kind of stuff that gets under my skin!!!! Anything for a buck!!

Of course!!! Lawyer lingo!!! What ya wanna bet a slick MS lawyer came up with that sliding scale tied to vehicle price point and spun it to help the less fortunate to pay less when they purchase a vehicle.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• no helmet for me anywhere :)

Don't know how well that's going to work if you drive into a state that requires a helmet in a Slingshot, because regardless of the size of your license plate, that state determines the helmet laws on Slingshots in their state dependent on their classification, not yours.

IANAL.....

• Don't know how well that's going to work if you drive into a state that requires a helmet in a Slingshot, because regardless of the size of your license plate, that state determines the helmet laws on Slingshots in their state dependent on their classification, not yours.
    IANAL.....

When we were traveling across the states, we simply looked up the laws of each state and threw them in with the map we carried, (always have paper for when the electronics get wet.... ;( Lesson learned. Found out a GPS fits nicely into a Zip Lock bag)

So every time we were getting closer to a state line that required a helmet, we just simply put them on so we could avoid this issue. To date I have only pulled over once and that was because I wasn't paying attention and started to pull down an exit ramp to the freeway rather than the lane for hotel I was staying at. The Cop & I had a great chat, he just wanted to make sure I wasn't some drunk trying to go the wrong way on the road.

• I have found the farther from your living place you go the more likely you'll get a "warning" rather than a ticket. So my guess is if you happened to get pulled over in a state requiring a helmet play dumb and get a warning lol

• I have found the farther from your living place you go the more likely you'll get a "warning" rather than a ticket. So my guess is if you happened to get pulled over in a state requiring a helmet play dumb and get a warning lol

LOL, this depends on if they tried to catch @rabtech and lost before they find us slow Slings, lol

• This brings up another question. In states that have Autocycle laws, do you have different plates? Here in Illinois, We were one of the few first states with the autocycle designation and they are supposed to come out with autocycle plates. 2 years later, I still have MC plates and the Secretary of State's office doesn't know anything about autocycles. So do any states have autocycle plates?

• This brings up another question. In states that have Autocycle laws, do you have different plates? Here in Illinois, We were one of the few first states with the autocycle designation and they are supposed to come out with autocycle plates. 2 years later, I still have MC plates and the Secretary of State's office doesn't know anything about autocycles. So do any states have autocycle plates?

Texas has the autocycle as well & still issued MC plates.

In Vermont. it's an Autocycle but the same category as motorcycle. Funny thing is, you don't need a motorcycle endorsement ?(

In Virginia the SlingShot is classified an AutoCycle. We still use motorcycle tags and require a helmet. You do not however need a motorcycle endorsement on your driver license to operate a Sling.