• I'll say it again... Mine was gently used, with Cipher seats! Jri 2-way alpha shocks! F4 windscreen! And $17K...

Only issue has been the damn assault hub but hopefully this weekend I get to try @Thomas Sleight super, mega, on steroids, hub puller!

I was just wondering about that the other day...maybe you ought just quit and buy a whole new bike, one you can actually disassemble. :00008172:

• One more vote for "gently used" here. I paid up for mine, got it with Corbin bags (now sold and have went a different direction) at a dealer that wasn't as cheap as some I've seen since (Still not sorry I have it, just could have done better). I've driven mine plenty, putting over 12,500 miles on it in less than 6 months. Those miles were priceless to me, and I have no regrets. HOWEVER, if I were in the market today, I'd be patient and look around. I saw one the exact model of mine (Red 2016.5 SL) for sale that had a few tasteful upgrades with less than 600 miles on it. Still had 20 months of warr, and he would take $19,000 for it. Reason for selling was two fold, back issues and couldn't take the family with on rides. He was going to an open top Jeep where they all could go. That was about 3 months ago, but I'm sure there are others like this still out there to be had.

• @Joker256 that's great news regarding your arm! Congrats & thanks for the update!

You may also want to consider a low mileage, "gently used" Slingshot to save some cash. Have even seen used ones with custom paint. Just a thought...

"Gently Used" They must belong to weekend riders, hell I ride mine like a stole it with the cops chasing me.... just joking... plenty of good looking "Gently Used" Slingshots out there... I have even seen them advertised on Amazon....

@Joker256 great news on the arm.... would love to see you at the SSITS Rally up in Maggie Valley this coming June.....

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• I really like the Sunset Red, however, the lack of aftermarket add-ons in that particular color, has me rethinking it. (Tons of red accents and stitching, but usually in a brighter red. That wouldn't go well with my OCD).
    Around here, everybody has the standard red, so I want to be different. I'm starting to think silver.
    The dealer here can't sell any of theirs right now anyway. (Waiting for parts)
    So I might start looking for a used one, or possibly a dealer demo.

• Just my $.02 on the Demo.... I'd not buy one. Period. Only way I'd consider it is if it was driven by the owner of the dealership only, and had just a few break in miles on it. Demos tend to get hammered on worse than a rental (rentals define the term "hammered on"). I've seen several pictures of angle drives that blew apart, ironically all were demos that I saw. Anyone looking to buy one, and wanting to see what the machine can do, will take a demo to see if they can find it's limit. Again, that's just me, but I'd much rather find one with really low miles instead. I know for mine, I broke it in easily (mostly) for the first 1000 miles and didn't really hammer on it until the second oil change (at 3,000 miles). If you find someone that tried to break it in right, didn't bang on it too hard, and needs to sell because of (insert whatever reason they have changed their minds), that's what I would prefer.

• @Goats_Hogs good point. I know they the owner of my dealer is driving a silver SLR. That would be the one I'd want if I were to get a demo.
    The one good part about a demo from my dealer is that they throw in the extended warranty for free if you buy one.
    At least with them, I know the guy and how he drives.
    I'm going to start looking tonight at the used market and see what comes up.

• I'm one of those people that doesn't like to buy used since you never know how the previous owner drove it and took care of it. =O

As much as I would LOVE one of @Painter 's works of art, that is definitely out of the "Wife Approved" budget. :(

I agree. I'm definitely buying soon, but since we have a couple of months of cold weather with limited seat time, would hate buy now without knowing if there is a color I would like more come out in a month or two. Definitely NOT waiting for the 2018s!
    Was hoping that one of the dealers on here would know if a mid year model was coming.

I'm going to jump on the buy used bandwagon. I have seen a few good deals on this site specifically, and there are quite a few on the open market. After seeing @'Painter''s work, I wish we would have done that, although @'KayTwo' loves his blue. I generally hate buying used for the same reasons that you pointed out, but with as much modification/personalization that can be done with these, the more money you can save on a very gently used model, the better off you will be. That being said, you might want to talk to some of the gurus @rabtech , @MACAWS and their ilk to find out what to look for in terms of identified issues in earlier models.

• @Joker256 I too agree with the others. I Just recently purchased a 2016 SL (Too fast to see Red). Arriving at the gentleman's home (seeing his home and garage...) I knew he took care of his machines and he had plently.... I saved over $2500 (Half way to Turbo or supercharged!!!) After thoroughly going through the engine and driving it, it was a steal! Another plus side... He already did the first service, which can be expensive, and saved me another $500 by getting the Alpha CAI which is what I wanted to get in the first place.

Just a thought. I would always recommend just keeping your mind set on buying a new one like you want. BUT.... I would also be looking throughout the country and pay attention to what is out there. I have seen so many with less than 1000mi on them. You may find one that stands out and calls your name. Plus you'll avoid random fees the dealers have included.

Do what makes you happiest though. I too am extremely picky and prefer NEW always! I did make an exception and am glad to have the extra money to do some customization! Best of luck to you good Sir!

• I don't know what you guys use to search but Motorcycles - Scooters, Dirt Bikes, Choppers, Sport Bikes, and Other Motorcycles for Sale - CycleTrader.com is what i used and love their search engine and all the ways you can customise searches and save them and it will email you when new bike that meet your criteria are added.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• No word or even a hint of a 2017.5 model. My guess is that the new SLR model is kind of taking the place of a mid-year upgrade. I will say this, the 2018's will be different... ;)

Now go buy a current new or slightly used one and meet us out on the road! :thumbup:

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

• I need an opinion from you guys.
    I found a 2016 Turbo Silver sling. Still new,
    They have a price of $22,500 on it. Seems like a fair price since it's a year old. but I'm wondering what you guys think I could get it for?
    Ideas?