Report your current weather here.

• Calcasieu Parish has been declared a disaster area and all kinds of Federal assistance is available. Cameron Parish is south of Calcasieu on the Gulf (which Laura steamrolled over your get to Calcasieu Parish has not been designated as a disaster zone yet. Governmental stupidity strikes again!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Calcasieu Parish has been declared a disaster area and all kinds of Federal assistance is available. Cameron Parish is south of Calcasieu on the Gulf (which Laura steamrolled over your get to Calcasieu Parish has not been designated as a disaster zone yet. Governmental stupidity strikes again!!

If I recall this happened to many counties in Jersey after Sandy. I believe it was due (or reported as such) to individual counties being slow in processing their paperwork. Most likely Cameron parish has been slow in processing their application? Hope you live in Calcasieu parish?

Most important I'm glad you made out better than expected. I'm sure it's still going to be a real pain in the ass. But you and your family are safe and for the most part sounds like the majority of your property is OK, relatively speaking. Good luck down there! I also hope your friends and neighbors are OK.

As I spent four of my military years in the Alexandria/Pineville area my thoughts are with Louisiana.

• Bill Martin

As always, things are slow about getting back to normal...

You, better than anyone, know this to be true.

And giving credit where it is due...

Not gonna concede that you are a better man than most of us.

But, after running through the list of parishes in Louisiana...

Historically , what the hell happened down there?

The French and Spanish jump in for a breed for all?!?

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I didn’t think it could get any worse than Hurricane Rita but it has. I have been kidding about it but devastated barely even describes it. I know how lucky I was - 1st to have enough money to build a house that can survive a storm like that and 2nd to have the wonderful Mr. Bubblehead inviting me @ my bride back into his home to avoid hotel living. There are so many of my friends and neighbors literally have nothing left but a concrete slab or broken house posts, many without the means to comfortably weather the aftermath. With no power, no water and scorching heat and humidity I imagine my beloved coonass land looks much like the gates of hell. I’m thinkin they will not allow any more residential structures to rebuild in southern Cameron and the rest will be oil & gas. This storm has broke me about living on the Gulf Coast - I’m gonna try going to the mountains and be a hillbilly

:00008172:

• I didn’t think it could get any worse than Hurricane Rita but it has. I have been kidding about it but devastated barely even describes it. I know how lucky I was - 1st to have enough money to build a house that can survive a storm like that and 2nd to have the wonderful Mr. Bubblehead inviting me @ my bride back into his home to avoid hotel living. There are so many of my friends and neighbors literally have nothing left but a concrete slab or broken house posts, many without the means to comfortably weather the aftermath. With no power, no water and scorching heat and humidity I imagine my beloved coonass land looks much like the gates of hell. I’m thinkin they will not allow any more residential structures to rebuild in southern Cameron and the rest will be oil & gas. This storm has broke me about living on the Gulf Coast - I’m gonna try going to the mountains and be a hillbilly

I like your sense of humor.

But, that hillbilly life may not be for you.

You do realize its all about uphill or downhill...

Nothing in between except hollers.

Time for a motivational video...

Potential...is NOT for everyone.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I guess I didn’t mention it but my Dad was born and raised in Hazard County Kentucky, spent his younger years before WW2 running moonshine so it’s bred into me already. Still have some cousins that live WAY back in the hollers. Pretty sure I could fit right in after I tumble down a mountain or two :00008172:

• That is were I am headed my friend!

Not sure how well I will do as a hillbilly!

I can teach you how to NOT be a coonass but we will have to learn the whole hillbilly thing together - IMMA COMING SOMEWHERE UP THERE WHERE THEY HAVE TO GOOGLE HURRICANES TO FIND OUT WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE:00008172:

• I can teach you how to NOT be a coonass but we will have to learn the whole hillbilly thing together - IMMA COMING SOMEWHERE UP THERE WHERE THEY HAVE TO GOOGLE HURRICANES TO FIND OUT WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE:00008172:

Come north, young man! ...but not too far north.

We have mountains (sorta), 4 real seasons, home of the "One Day Winter", y'all can enjoy a snowy landscape, take a 'manly winter selfie' to send back to gulf coast friends, then its gone the next day.

Oh, we also have some of the best hilly, twisty roads and scenery anywhere.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I can teach you how to NOT be a coonass but we will have to learn the whole hillbilly thing together - IMMA COMING SOMEWHERE UP THERE WHERE THEY HAVE TO GOOGLE HURRICANES TO FIND OUT WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE:00008172:

That's why we are back in Iowa. But, when there is one in the news, you will still get that knot in your stomach, and you get find a tear in the corner of your eye, knowing what those people are going thru. We still have a son, his ex-wife, and three grand-daughters in Central Florida. Fifteen years in Iowa, and the anxiety is still there.

• That's why we are back in Iowa. But, when there is one in the news, you will still get that knot in your stomach, and you get find a tear in the corner of your eye, knowing what those people are going thru. We still have a son, his ex-wife, and three grand-daughters in Central Florida. Fifteen years in Iowa, and the anxiety is still there.

• https://www.kplctv.com/2020/09…les-save-home-grand-lake/

This guy put the roof on my house and some of those round bales are mine!! He lives a couple miles from me - NEVER underestimate the ingenuity of a coonass :00008172::00008172:

I'da never come up with that one! One of those bales fell on a farm worker last year at the dairy next to me and paralyzed the guy.

Bill Martin I see a lot of missing composition shingles in that video. Do you have something different and how did it hold up?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)