Quadcopter Training, Sir!!!

• Found me a new toy that can suck more money out of me. Picked me up a JJRC H8D quadcopter. Has a low grade camera and brushed motors. Not really designed for First Person View flying but do-able. Got about one-and-a-half hours stick time on it. Pretty good considering flights are about eight minutes. Not anywhere near going full_tilt_Bozo with this. This unit is gyro stabilized but does not have altitude or GPS hold. Want to learn the more manual flight modes before progressing to the expensive models. The high dollar units will pretty much fly themselves allowing the operator to concentrate more on video. But, what if the operator had to fly the unit due to GPS failure or otherwise?

The following video is the first time I mounted the camera. Used the Polaris SlingShot and @Guardian_Angels new Hyundai Veloster as a backdrop. (Oh yeah, she gonna learn stick now!)

Please do not adjust your video settings, we have already screwed those up for you... :D

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• They are a lot of fun. My wife bought me a Typhoon Q500 - the thing is amazing takes great pictures but is the most expensive hedge trimmer I have in my landscaping arsenal. So easy a child can fly it. So I always call the kid next door when I want to use it.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I got a bebop drone as a gift last earlier this year...I figured "ha! I can fly this". So I set it on my desk at work and pressed the take-off button. Thing flew right at me and I panicked, stuck my hand out and cut my finger 8o . Yeah.... She sit's in the box in the corner of my bedroom now :D .

• I've had my racing drone for a while, its fun but so hard to master...

This model I have built 100% myself including the CC3D controller programing.

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• I got a DJI Phantom for Christmas last year. I had need wanting one for a while. Started practicing, got over confident, and it landed in the lake by the house. Total time I had it before I destroyed it, less than 1 hour.

• That would be great for scoping out crazy neighbors...

You've kinda missed the point of having a flying spy machine quadcopter, I'm afraid.

@Texas T To use it currently to spy on my crazy-ass neighbors would probably bring a harrassment charge. But later, napalm?

@KayTwo kinda hard to fly one stealth if you are bounce checking the target area. Yep, more stick time required.

• Yes sir... watching all those youtube videos can instill a lot of confidence in the ease of flying drones. Those need balance by watching the fail videos... nothing like watching a thousand dollars fly off into oblivion.

Think I will approach that first thousand, in eighty dollar increments, flying the toy drones. By that method I will determine if it is a course I will enjoy.

With the FAA now also in control of air space under 400 feet, other considerations. Currently, the rules put a serious chink in Amazon and other companies ideas for drone use. That, must remain in view of operator clause...

• I've had my racing drone for a while, its fun but so hard to master...

This model I have built 100% myself including the CC3D controller

That's kinda how I started out in the RC aircraft phase, bought a prebuilt trainer, crashed... built a dehydral wing balsa kit, looked fair, smashed it into the protect barrier... built another dehydral wing, smaller engine, looked fantastic, splintered it into the runway... sold all my remaining gear...

If I jumped out into this with your drone, that would be one expensive radial saw blade zinging through the trees... cause I really need something that is gone before I say go.

• I got a DJI Phantom for Christmas last year. I had need wanting one for a while. Started practicing, got over confident, and it landed in the lake by the house. Total time I had it before I destroyed it, less than 1 hour.

I can destroy a lot of money at the titty bar drinkin fine Kentucky bourbon and smokin Cuban cigars in an hour. I'm a thinkin imma gonna stay with what I know :thumbsup:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I'll just give someone 100.00 to film whatever I need and I bet I come out way cheaper than if I owned the drone...

Seriously, I have seen several articles that say flying drones are going to be a huge business in the next few years...

I guess if you have a high end drone and it can carry a good heavy DSLR camera on a vibration proof gimbal then you could hire out to a lot of company's to get footage of literally anything.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod…0&linkId=T3ZWLOSDWAPQHNUS

Team this 3500.00 drone with a heavy duty gimble mount 1500.00. Then throw in a 5D Canon camera priced at 2500.00 with the correct lense at around 500.00 you can tie up some serious money in drones....

:cursing::cursing::cursing:
    DULY NOTED.
    @airoutlaw has only 1/4th of the cost of a DJI invested in this quad, however the DJI Mavic Pro is the pinnacle he seeks to aquire.

GoPro is releasing their first ever drone, equipped with all the bells and whistles of the JRI's and compatible with a gopro 4 black edition... which he just so happens to have...Looks like Santa needs to be taking notes on what to bring lil @airoutlaw for Christmas. Hello ? Black friday ? :whistling:

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Thing flew right at me and I panicked, stuck my hand out and cut my finger 8o . Yeah...

We went to town today, happened upon an inexpensive little nano-quad version that you can fly indoors.. I told him, " don't hurt my kitty... or me..." scared the cat half to death when it flew past him, cat jumps, narrowly missing those 4 rotating "beard trimmers" 8|

On another note.... we live about 2 miles from an airport, not commercial airport, but helicopters, parachuters, Cessna type aircrafts... which puts his drone operating in a "NO FLY ZONE". =O airoutlaw... hmmm.... :huh:

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• :cursing::cursing::cursing:
    DULY NOTED.
    @airoutlaw has only 1/4th of the cost of a DJI invested in this quad, however the DJI Mavic Pro is the pinnacle he seeks to aquire.

GoPro is releasing their first ever drone, equipped with all the bells and whistles of the JRI's and compatible with a gopro 4 black edition... which he just so happens to have...Looks like Santa needs to be taking notes on what to bring lil @airoutlaw for Christmas. Hello ? Black friday ? :whistling:

Don't get me wrong, the DJI is actually very easy to fly. I've flown my friend's since.
    And loved it.
    I'm just an idiot. I wasn't paying enough attention to where I was and zigged when I should have zagged.

• We went to town today, happened upon an inexpensive little nano-quad version that you can fly indoors.. I told him, " don't hurt my kitty... or me..." scared the cat half to death when it flew past him, cat jumps, narrowly missing those 4 rotating "beard trimmers" 8|
    On another note.... we live about 2 miles from an airport, not commercial airport, but helicopters, parachuters, Cessna type aircrafts... which puts his drone operating in a "NO FLY ZONE". =O airoutlaw... hmmm.... :huh:

Ohhhh!!! @Guardian_Angel. PLEEEEESEEE tell him not to fly that thing anywhere close to the runways. I've had one fly withing 50' of me going the opposite direction on takeoff. If that thing would have hit my windshield. Scared the shit out of me and if that thing would have hit my plane, it' would have cut a hole in it or come through the windshield. I fly a vintage cloth covered aircraft. Either way, the end result would not have been very good for me or my wife. Keep those suckers away from airport please!!!!