LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• Yep! I got the same call from Coleman (Woodbridge). They would like to order my recall parts for me. Nice thought, but the Sling I bought from them has gone to SS heaven and my new dealer of choice (Tri-county) already ordered them for my current SS. Sorry Coleman... too little, too late. It sucks that my choice dealer (Tri-county) is 180 miles away when there are 3 other dealers within 60 miles of home, but that's the way it goes.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• Was driving by local dealer with Sling yesterday and dropped in to ask about recall service. Had parts order sheet from October. I had gone there the day I got first recall notice, I was the first they had heard of it and the first to have parts ordered. While I'm waiting I notice a Sling in the shop area getting the recall done. They then tell me the parts for mine are still on order. Unbelievable.

• Was driving by local dealer with Sling yesterday and dropped in to ask about recall service. Had parts order sheet from October. I had gone there the day I got first recall notice, I was the first they had heard of it and the first to have parts ordered. While I'm waiting I notice a Sling in the shop area getting the recall done. They then tell me the parts for mine are still on order. Unbelievable.

Don't know why you're surprised - it is a better financial decision for them to fix those first.

I was in the same boat here. First one in the door, and first to tell them about the recalls. They ordered all my parts....then called and said they were reallocating them to someone who was taking his Sling south to AZ for the winter. (Ok, I will give them that one...)

So I've been calling a few times lately asking if they had the parts yet, "Sorry, one item is still unavailable" Not sure what it is though.

Today I got told the final piece is ordered and supposed to be coming in. So, we'll see.

Personally, as long as this thing is up & running prior to the nice weather getting here, then I am fine with a little more wait. Not like I can use it much anyway right now. Winter is a long way from being over yet.

But it sure as hell better be back on the road before the weather is above freezing for the new season.

• I contacted my dealer as soon as I read about the swing-arm recall to get parts ordered. Checked with them today and was told they have everything except the swing-arm. Evidently, the color you need can impact when your recall part is available. They said they're hoping for another batch of recall parts in late January (hopefulyl this year)!
    It doesn't really bother me that they are supposed to do the recalls for Stop-Sale inventory first as the dealer is losing money while those vehicles just sit there and I'd rather the mechanics experiment/learn how to do the recall on someone else's vehicle! :D

• Dealer called this morning & I'm there now. They have my parts for all recalls & are giving me a loaner Slingshot. My recall letter only listed 2 items but they're doing all 4 anyways. Also cycling ABS to get any air out of brake system & refreshing ECU w/latest version of Digital Wrench. By request, will set my belt at 1" deflection vs. spec of .63". They've done all of their in-stock units so have plenty of practice now. Going to leave overnight inside shop so Loctite can fully cure. Glad to be getting this nuisance out of the way... :thumbsup:

P.S. My loaner is slow red with a Twist canvas top & Welter Performance exhaust.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I am going to pick my slingshot this afternoon ,the local dealer put the order in mid december and recived the parts last friday. They said I was kucky mine was white as it came before many swingarms they ordered before mine

• haven't touched base with my dealer for some time... October time frame. Was letting them get things together. Now that the holidays are over thought I would reach out on my side panel warranty replacements and the recall work.
    Well guess what, huge turnover and service manager and others are no longer there. My SS was never put on the order list and turns out my panels have been in for sometime but was never called to schedule an installation.
    Time for new dealer #3 for me. New one just opened up 5 miles from my work.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Insight on fumes please @Tripod... I see windscreen and top... Supposedly there are fumes...?

I have the Welter Dual Dear Exhaust, as well. Have had it since November. Once the "burn-in" process was done, I have had no noticeable fumes in the cabin. I also have the Stinger Top, but no Windscreen. Love the quietness of the Welter, as well. :thumbup:

• @MiM

Did notice more fumes than my Slingshot with an UPTone exhaust. Not overly obnoxious or overwhelming though. The sound is pleasant & throaty.

Big thing I noticed on this loaner was how crappy the wind flow is with the OEM windshield - makes me really appreciate the Madstad!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Got my call today. They said it would take a couple days. Told them I would be getting over that way next week sometime.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~