LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• Went by the dealership and spoke to one of the mechanics. According to his info they will be reusing the needle bearing unless it is visibly damaged. The large bearing will be new.

From what I just read in the recall service info it looks like the needle bearing may be reused if it is in good shape. However the other bearings will be new.

The swingarm comes ready to assemble with the other bearings. ....

I have read this step over and over and it makes my head hurt trying to comprehend the logic...I am not sure why they say to remove the needle bearing before you put the axle in. If you are installing a new swingarm the needle bearing should be either supplied with the swingarm or removed from the old one and reused..... OR>>>>>Does that mean it is preinstalled in the swingarm (for some strange reason) and the dealer has to remove it before pushing the axle through?

Here is the KIT contents for the recall

• I had a very pessimistic thought about this recall yesterday after talking with my dealer who will be replacing over 130 swing arms.

The service guy indicated they are aware of only a few swing arms breaking out of all the units sold. I asked what was different about the new swing arms and he didn't really know other than "the casting".

He lamented about the time, effort, and expense the recall would take for their dealership alone. They suggested they would get to my unit in the Feb / March time frame.

So, the pessimistic thought is along these lines: Is this recall a round about way to kill this machine by raising costs / expense and affecting market reputation?

I would agree with the dealer's suggestion - find the batch(s) of bad swing arms and swap those out vs every swing arm produced.

Recognize our safety is paramount and the recall on all swing arms just may be the most catious and prudent approach.

• It is a good chance that Polaris did not makethe swing arm, but created the design and specs and had a third party do thetooling and casting. It could very well been their (supplier) error in thecastings that has caused the failures and as such Polaris will be getting thecosts of the recall covered by that company. If this is true, that wouldexplain why the "new" replacement swing arms are of the same design,just manufactured with a greater attention to details in the failed areas ofthe mold. Had Polaris redesigned the swing arm, it could be argued that it wasa faulty design and not a faulty process. In that case the entire cost of therecall would have been on Polaris to bear. JMHO

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• From what I just read in the recall service info it looks like the needle bearing may be reused if it is in good shape. However the other bearings will be new.
    The swingarm comes ready to assemble with the other bearings. ....

I have read this step over and over and it makes my head hurt trying to comprehend the logic...I am not sure why they say to remove the needle bearing before you put the axle in. If you are installing a new swingarm the needle bearing should be either supplied with the swingarm or removed from the old one and reused..... OR>>>>>Does that mean it is preinstalled in the swingarm (for some strange reason) and the dealer has to remove it before pushing the axle through?

If they are replacing my swingarm with a "new" unit and have not redesigned the pulley side bearing then ..... when verified, it will be time for me to get off the Slingshot train and forget about Polaris ...... angry-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• How come some people have more recalls than others with the same year Sling ?
    I have a 2015 SLLE and have swing arm and fuel line. Headlight harness already done.
    No other recalls on Polaris list, yet some 2015 have had roll hoops, steering shaft bolt, clutch switch and harness, steering wrack ?
    Any thoughts or facts would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Have you received your "official letter" about the recalls yet? I know I haven't. Been waiting for it, but nothing yet.

I've been assuming this is due to the whole, we're in Canada, thing.

• Have you received your "official letter" about the recalls yet? I know I haven't. Been waiting for it, but nothing yet.
    I've been assuming this is due to the whole, we're in Canada, thing.

Have not recieved letter yet, but I did call Polaris and got put in touch with a service rep, and yes letter is in the mail and yep I have a total of 4 recall items.
    I asked the rep if there is any concern about continuing riding he said should not be a concern just monitor if anything seems unusual. I also asked what happens if something breaks and it causes damage to other parts of the sling. He would not commit if that would be covered, but he said they would take care of me. Have to say I talked with him for a bit and I feel better about this recall thing now, for what its worth. My dealer is fully of the recall situation.