Just a short take off video at the gap....

• This video is one I found that is of me following a friend on a Ducati Hypermotard. I never fell out of the frame of the camera.... When the video hits around 55 seconds we pass the slow car and kick up the pace... You can see how fast we cover several miles till the pull off on the gap.

This is one of those videos that made me smile because it was a long time ago and was when I physically felt great. I could even ride fairly well. At least good enough to hold my own with about anyone that wanted to ride with us. Then while watching it I started having one of those weird "ill never ride that good again" moments and went completely 180 degrees to super sad..... It was an emotional roller coaster.

Sounds kinda lame i know.... But it is what it is...

I have a couple of videos that I am going to upload of me and 3 other friends dragging knee and shooting sparks with special knee pucks with different types of metal caps.... We also used special toe guards that had different metals inserted in the toe guards.... They are large video so Im actually having to clip out the best parts before uploading them...

I still like sport bikes... I just have to ride the ones that don't require me to lay over.

• This is one of those videos that made me smile because it was a long time ago and was when I physically felt great. I could even ride fairly well. At least good enough to hold my own with about anyone that wanted to ride with us. Then while watching it I started having one of those weird "ill never ride that good again" moments and went completely 180 degrees to super sad..... It was an emotional roller coaster.

Sounds kinda lame i know.... But it is what it is...

Its all part of getting old - you can't stop it all you can do is adjust
    Amazing how the Slingshot came in and saved the day for lot of us. As for me, my feet and hands just aren't connected to my brain the ay they once were. My bike riding day were numbered and along comes this crazy looking machine that kept my dreams alive, and along with the machine comes this group of really cool people - many in the same boat.

All is good just a little different - remember most people never had an ounce of the talent you have!

Thanks for sharing

Sling On Brother

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Very well put and must agree 100% . We adapt , adjust and overcome . I have some video from as recent as 2014 that affect me the same way and then I have to at least go for a short Sling run to keep the smile up.
    Not lame at all and Thanks @rabtech and @MACAWS for sharing and I am proud to ride the coat tails of both .

• That's the same reason why I gave up Motorcycle riding, I did not feel safe at higher speed anymore because of leaning. So thank Polaris for the SS.
    Also Thanks for sharing.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• From someone who has been down more than a $2 hooker the Sling was a gift sent from heaven. We all got little bitches about the Sling but I will be forever indebted for creating this fantastic new machine.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• @rabtech. I have watched several of your videos with 12+lbs boost. Seems when you get on the throttle the boost really jumps and you spin. Even side to side movement which seems Un safe. I have considered going the built engine route. I have 7 lb of boost now with the Alpha Stage II. It pulls nicely and I can spin a little even in 4th. So I guess my question is, how much are you having to peddle? It seems listening to the videos when your boost kicks in you are peddling to get out of the boost since it really jumps. How much of that is really useable? How is the driveability? I get that kind of boost is a nice to have, but how much are you getting to your higher boost? At that point how much of it is controlled and propels you forward, not just spin? Not knocking the power. Just wondering if the next step is worth the reality?

• I'm just screwing around with the throttle. It is very controllable. You could have 20PSI and it would be as docile as a puppy dog. When I want the back tire to break loose I just mash it to the floor and throttle body opens up and the turbo is allowed to do its magic. I have videos of just taking off normally. I just uploaded the videos that have tire spin.

But to answer the question... It is spinning because of my deliberate use of the gas pedal. And the side to side is greatly exaggerated by my steering input.

• As far as how much is usable..... I stay in the gas all the time. I could even use more power on top end. I drive in the 80 to 130mph range. And honestly you need a ton of power to move the needle quick at those speeds. I have basically added to my top end power the same bump in power that we all have with the Hahn X2 down low.

• I've said it once, I'll say it again....I wish I were responsible enough to own a power plant like some of these guys! I know me very well!! I would definitely end up in the crossbar hotel!! Or worse still, pushing up daisies. You all possess the skills I severely lack.
    Sling On!!!!!!

• Thanks @rabtech for clearing that up. Would be interested in a normal pull up through the gears to see how fast it moves the needle to compare.

Also are you and @Dave@DDMWorks considering a detailed write up about engine removal and reinstall? I think you had mentioned that. For those of us not close to DDM it would be helpful.

• Thanks @rabtech for clearing that up. Would be interested in a normal pull up through the gears to see how fast it moves the needle to compare.

Also are you and @Dave@DDMWorks considering a detailed write up about engine removal and reinstall? I think you had mentioned that. For those of us not close to DDM it would be helpful.

I am pretty sure Dave will be posting more details on engine swaps shortly.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Im betting your correct @MACAWS . I know most people are tickled pink with their turbo systems... AND THEY SHOULD BE.... I just wanted to take it up another notch... And when I pulled the engine out and started reading how many way their was to screw it up I got a bit concerned... I made a few calls and Dave called me back. He said "no problem. How much power do you want to make?" i told him about 400 at the tire... He basically spit out some technical mumbo jumbo and said "It will be ready next week.."

THAT IS THE EASIEST WAY!

I tell my customers everyday that they can do anything I can with computers. Just run to Barnes and Nobel and purchase several of those 200.00 network and software books and download tons of software and updates and start installing. Then format the drive 5 times each time you forget something and have to start over. Eventually you will have a working product..

OR you can just call me and I can charge you 75.00 an hour for 3 hours and you can have a perfect product within a few hours.

This is the same with engines.... I can do it... There is absolutely no doubt in my mind... BUT WHY! It is so much easier to have someone do it and put a whole engine and flywheel and clutch setup together. They build these engine every day.... They could do it in their sleep. And they wont ever leave out a part or turn something the wrong way...

I guess some may call it the lazy way out... I call it the smart way out...AND IT IS SO BAD ASS... I can't wait till we have it on the dyno. I will use a couple of cameras when its on the dyno. IT SOUNDS LIKE A TURBINE ON A PLANE.....

AND for all that are worried about the ECU needing retuned.... NO WORRIES>... It scales up perfect... And for those that worry about having enough fuel.... NO WORRIES>.... It has plenty of fuel...

So if you have a Alpha or Hahn turbo and its running the 2bar map setup this is you next hit of crack cocaine.

I just waned to let everyone know that @Jeff@DDMWorks and @Dave@DDMWorks know what they are doing... It is worth every penny....

Videos and pictures are will be uploaded on Friday I'm sure....

• Thanks for the kind words, we are all looking forward to seeing it on the dyno this Friday to see what kind of numbers it puts up.

Shameless plug for our Slingshot Engine Builds - Built Slingshot 2.4L Engine by DDMWorks

This is some of the info out of the top of my head....

You will find that it is super easy to remove the engine... To me the hood was the biggest issue... Just because I could pick it up with my screwy back...

Unhook the battery first... Trust me you will spark a wrench if you dont... You going to be unhooking the starter and alternator so it will be hot...

You need a 10mm socket to remove the intake. Preferably a long extension to get to them easier..

You will need to remove the engine mounts from the engine... It takes a 15mm wrench....

You will need a 18mm Socket and ratchet to remove the bell housing bolts.

You will need to remove the front subframe. It takes a 16mm socket for the 4 bolts the go into the frame front... You will need a 17mm wrench to hold the nut on the two bolt and you the same 16mm socket to turn the top of the two bolts.

You will need a screwdriver or a nut runner to remove the radiator clamps...

You will need to remove the muffler. I dont have a factory muffler so I cant help anyone with that info...

And you will need to remove the exhaust manifold nuts. That takes a 1/2 or 13mm wrench or socket... I had to use both to get to the middle nuts...

And you will need to remove the valve cover with the same 10mm socket you used to remove the intake manifold
    You will need a 10mm wrench and 10mm socket to remove the two radiator bolts... Dont loose the rubber mounts the radiator sits on.

• Thanks for the kind words, we are all looking forward to seeing it on the dyno this Friday to see what kind of numbers it puts up.
    Shameless plug for our Slingshot Engine Builds - Built Slingshot 2.4L Engine by DDMWorks

You need to post the link to my flywheel and clutch... And maybe one in the middle of mine and a stock clutch... Mine does exactly what I wanted to to . IT GRABS and GOES. But it wont allow you to slip it at all. I am happy with it because it is matched to my light weight flywheel. But others may want a in between clutch....