Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Nice bags, can you please share where you got them, and how they are fastened onto the headrests?

The bags are probably 14or 15 years old and I believe they are leather like and hold their shape empty or full which is what I like about them. When you put armor all on them they look brand new even today. I originally have them on brackets on top of my saddlebags on my Vulcan nomad. I have actually tried to search them out as of late and I can’t find them anywhere. I made these brackets out of Home Depot aluminum plate and brackets. I have one long stretch of Velcro underneath each bag and the corresponding half on each of the brackets because I wanted a bracket that was virtually invisible. I have a very small bungee cord at the very top of them which snugs them into the rollbar. I put them on for a tour and never took them off they’re super handy. If you would like some more info I believe I have a picture somewhere with their assembly. Hope this helps you out

• SoCal this is excellent, thanks again for sharing, again.

There is enough in here for me to construct something similar. Then I'll just pick up a set of dry bags to go on them.

SlingLow makes and sells some racks that are very nice and a good price. (if you don't want to make your own.)

• Took mine to work today....

And even better if it was Southern Rock. Country music is just not country any more. Give me hank Williams Jr and I will listen.

...or Patsy Kline, ....or Johnny Cash, ....or that one song from Metallica.

Can you stop it at the point where it is just your truck and dog? Kidding O lost my wife to cancer 13 years ago after being married since 1967.

I'm so sorry. Lost my mom to cancer in 2008.

SlingLow makes and sells some racks that are very nice and a good price. (if you don't want to make your own.)

Those are GORGEOUS! Love the Sling logo in the center.

• SoCal this is excellent, thanks again for sharing, again.

There is enough in here for me to construct something similar. Then I'll just pick up a set of dry bags to go on them.

glad to of helped out! One thing I did do is if you see the 90° lip and a piece of automotive door trim protector on it. This way your bags will not rub up against your hoops and the aluminum will not chafe the bag.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• SlingLow makes and sells some racks that are very nice and a good price. (if you don't want to make your own.

Nice bags, can you please share where you got them, and how they are fastened onto the headrests?

A few of us here have a set of the SlingLow racks. I'm not sure he he's still selling them. Well made, nice looking, sturdy beyond any expectation and the craftsmanship is top notch. Powder coat is durable. Their made with a platform that allows multiple ways of attachment with bungies.

• dewman check out the motorcycle luggage sites on line. There are a lot of sissy bar bags and leather like or Tourmaster bags that you might like and will fit your style as well.

I am currently on the lookout for a more rectangle and taller bag that I could take when we are touring that enable us to pack more.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• dewman check out the motorcycle luggage sites on line. There are a lot of sissy bar bags and leather like or Tourmaster bags that you might like and will fit your style as well.

I am currently on the lookout for a more rectangle and taller bag that I could take when we are touring that enable us to pack more.

I will, thanks for the insights.

Slingshot beginner (Nov 2020), 2019 S White/Black, Bullet Speed V-Back, with Blue Fire accents

• Those are GORGEOUS! Love the Sling logo in the center.

Thank you sir! And they're not just pretty - they are strong! Here's mine hauling an 85 lb excavator battery because - well because.

A few of us here have a set of the SlingLow racks. I'm not sure he he's still selling them. Well made, nice looking, sturdy beyond any expectation and the craftsmanship is top notch. Powder coat is durable. Their made with a platform that allows multiple ways of attachment with bungies.

I have these racks listed on a couple web sites so I still have them for all model years for now. I keep saying 'this is the last batch' then I make more - or rather my nephew does. He is the master welder.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• dewman be careful and pick wisely because you might never take them off. The convenience of having them up top and accessible for gloves and whatever you want to stick in there is immeasurable

I feel the same way about SlingLow racks. I put them on for a trip and they haven't been off since. Handy in many ways.

I have the slinglow racks. It looks like these bags will work with your racks. I have used them in the rain and they stayed dry. Although it was not an all day soaking rain. I would expect them to be rainproof under reasonable conditions and probably under heavy rain.

Easy on/off using Velcro only. Two large straps horizontal and vertical. Large two compartment (upper & lower) main body and two side compartments. Reflective material adds a nice touch. IMO enough storage in a single bag for a week long trip. The material is incredibly tough. I used a case of bottled beer as a reference the size. The main body fits close to the area of two cases. The sides are good for additional storage.