Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• I'll have been married 36 years in December...

It only took me 3 women to get there. 😅

To the Captain's credit, she's now been with me for more time than the other two put together. She's really damn near perfect 😘 It's just her taste in men that keeps costing her the 5th star in those online reviews. 😉

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• We have a gaggle of wild turkeys that run back and forth across our road twice a day.

I swear those things have suicide notes in their beaks. They wait until you are almost on them then they run across the road. One of these days I will have a new hood ornament on my Slingshot

And Thanksgiving is so close!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep Three Wheels Down

• And Thanksgiving is so close!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Gold Wing friend hit a wild turkey with his Wing --- bird hit the windshield and went over his head and hit his wife on the shoulder as they went down one of the country road. couple of brown spots on the seats was the only damage.

• I once said “ any SS day is a good day “......... may have to take that one back🥴

62 degrees light drizzle @11AM hummm

Wait till 11:30. No change but WTH it will clear up, right? 🧐 6000’ level, full on rain, 100’ visibility in the fog. WTH it will clear up if we go to Palm Springs - 85 and clear.... but a little windy. Did I say windy? How about 65 MPH sandblasting! 25-30’ visibility in a white out sand storm at the west windmills. We have sand in our sand! My full cuff winter gloves have sand in the fingertips! I have sand UNDER my eyelids! My eyeballs feel like I’ve been welding without a hood. All I can think of is my paint is toast. Get on I-10 west did not get out of 1-2 gear for 20 miles!

Left headlight goes out. (Any suggestions on LED’s appreciated)

8 hours to take a “short “ride.

But I did get a few pictures..

No tour buses please..

• Yep it has been a windy day here the pass must have sucked 😬

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• SoCal just for future reference whenever there is a substantial change in the weather it is a good time to avoid having to go through our pass - the low pressure zones that move in on one side or the other of the pass that cause the weather changes also make the air move from higher pressure zones into the low zone areas and that pass is like a big funnel - high temp to low temp differences can have the same effect moving the air through the pass

last 2 days big weather changes - its only 74 here right now and pretty windy

• SoCal just for future reference whenever there is a substantial change in the weather it is a good time to avoid having to go through our pass - the low pressure zones that move in on one side or the other of the pass that cause the weather changes also make the air move from higher pressure zones into the low zone areas and that pass is like a big funnel - high temp to low temp differences can have the same effect moving the air through the pass

last 2 days big weather changes - its only 74 here right now and pretty windy

Yes - it just happened that way. Crazy you can be in full on rain and fog and 40 min later 85 and sun. THEN wind like a hurricane and sandblasted. Should have gone down to North Gene Autry Trail and missed the sand storm! Hindsight ....

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Yes - it just happened that way. Crazy you can be in full on rain and fog and 40 min later 85 and sun. THEN wind like a hurricane and sandblasted. Should have gone down to North Gene Autry Trail and missed the sand storm! Hindsight ....

We went out to my daughters house in Desert Hot Springs to drop some things yesterday afternoon went out Gene Autry and there was a good amount of blowing sand out near the I-10 - - - when we are having weather like this I try to keep my Slingshot riding away from the open areas where the sand can blow - - - that crap hurts at 60 mph - - aside from the wind I am enjoying our current weather very much, nice to finally be done with the 100's

As a side note I am going to have to break out a light coat for tomorrow mornings ride into work - (I am off Mondays so didnt have to deal with it today)

• Took the ol' grocery getter to my nephew's fabrication shop for a quick camper jack repair, then to get last minute supplies and fresh groceries for the next 11 days of dry-camping in the middle of nowhere for Elk season. First four days with buddies then solo for the rest of the season. Success often comes towards the end of the season but maybe I'll tag out early this year. Cheers to all! 'See' ya in a couple weeks.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Took the ol' grocery getter to my nephew's fabrication shop for a quick camper jack repair, then to get last minute supplies and fresh groceries for the next 11 days of dry-camping in the middle of nowhere for Elk season. First four days with buddies then solo for the rest of the season. Success often comes towards the end of the season but maybe I'll tag out early this year. Cheers to all! 'See' ya in a couple weeks.

Happy hunting!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014