New approach for a SlingShot top...

• Keep in mind the top has a tented design, so you'll have some headroom inside.
    Don't know if I'll fit at 6'4", but I like the look!

Same here. To be honest I love the look of RD's top. Always have. The wider design and the lower profile make it definitely the choice I want to consider.

I am tall however as well. I am 6'4" and my son is 6'6". Add the helmets into this and there is a concern to the height.

Question for you @Ruptured Duck .

Your design, as I have said from the beginning, is sweet. Would this system allow the ability to have different length mounting points? ie: Lifting the unit 2, 3, 4 inches by using slightly longer struts?

I am not sure of the logistics of lifting this top higher into the wind, and if updraft becomes an issue if this occurs. I am just wondering if it is something that could be done.

• @rabtech and I both are well over 6' and we hope to be able to answer these questions for you very soon!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• @MBMedic the top is designed around the 95% standard. Meaning that it should clear 6'4" and under for driving. There will be some adjustment upward in the front (1"- maybe 2") and an additional 1" -2" in the rear. Yes the angle of attack is important as will as where the top sits in regards to the airflow at speed. Because of its lighter construction and it's ease of removal it is forced to sit in the sweet spot that is lower than what's on the market now.

From day one I have stated that it might not be the top for taller people. It's a sacrifice I have to live with. Would rather it work great within the design perimeters than have it work OK trying to be everything to everyone.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• well @rabtech has taken over some additional testing for me. The development prototype is now mounted onto the Ludicrous Speed Double Stuff SlingShot.
    Four main goals.
    (1) 6-2" - 6-3" driver height.
    (2) worked with taller windshield - last night found out what is needed.
    (3) working with most popular aftermarket seat - confirmed
    (4) sustained high speed stress testing.

At this time the prototype weighted in at about 27-30 lbs. The new (to be tested) 7/8" aluminum version comes in at about 15-18 lbs installed.
    It will require some real shakedown runs to confirm it will be as stable and planted as the steel version.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• top came off before Bobby headed home. He didn't know what turbulence there might have been driving back on the trailer.

As for on the road it might give him a little down force. In his case there is no gap between his 3" taller windshield and the top. Besides the stock Slingshot with the stock windshield has the rough direct air about 4-5" above the windshield. As long as the angle of attack directs the air up and over it's all good.
    The top design want let the high speed air up under the fabric. This is honestly why the top sits this low.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• @Ruptured Duck, I just thought of something. Will the front two arms clear the angled sides of the Ripper windshield? Those windshields flare out instead of curving in towards the cockpit, just wondering if there would be contact with the two arms.

@KayTwo the ripper will be fine. It's the F4's that I have to worry about. The top edges flare outward more than the stock design. Also airwings like Bobby's have to be repositioned. One will go crazy trying to make it work with everything. It just cannot be done. Best one can do is get it the way you want it and hope it becomes the product others have to adapt too. :D

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• One will go crazy trying to make it work with everything. It just cannot be done. Best one can do is get it the way you want it and hope it becomes the product others have to adapt too.

Oh, completely concur, was just wondering what the clearances were on the Ripper. You can't please all the people, so don't even try.