New approach for a SlingShot top...

• you bring up a very good point about the exhaust. Until I have someone with the same exhaust design I want know how my top works with it and the fumes issue. I believe the W/S are a big contributing factor when combined with a top. Jeep tops can do the same thing with doors off and the rear window up.

I run the alpha side exhaust. No problems with exhaust fumes in the cabin. My understanding is that getting the exhaust into the side slipstream where it doesn't get a chance to come back around is what's needed. Because the welter duals are already where the air is coming back around that Vortex effect that I mentioned before sucks the exhaust right back into the cabin, just like it does rain.

• I want to be clear about something. I LIKE the welter dual exhaust. I love the look and think it adds exceptional appeal to the back end of the sling. Just that since I know what I was experiencing with rain, I contacted welter and mentioned what I was experiencing with rain and asked if it would be the same with exhaust. They confirmed this so I never ordered them. Perhaps the wind restrictor helps or solves the issue, but I haven't read of anyone with both yet and what they're experiencing.
    Either way RD, I much prefer the roof than without.
    Rant over !

• The only time that the gas fumes are noticeable to me is like coming into a stop sign a little hot. When you come of the gas and start slowing down , then you get the back draft. So the easy way is to get off the gas a little early, before you start to brake. I have the UP Top. Now with the tune from Bob "NA" you are going to be running a little rich, which I also have. This is the only time that I notice the fumes, and even then it is not bad. But then again I drive a little different than most people. :REDSS::HAULSS::DONKEYSS:

• Hey @Ruptured Duck is your top compatible with the wind restrictor?

this has been asked before. Not having seen the way it is mounted I have to make an assumption that there will be an issue. It's mounted to the front facing part of the hoops. This is the same way mine mounts. If you can mount the wind restrictor to the back side if the hoop it might work. Because of the placement of the striker to latch I cannot change mine.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I believe the fumes from a rear exhaust and top are caused my the shape of the top. With the twisted and Bullet top they both slope up to a point and drastically drop off. Aerodynamically this creates a wall off negative pressure that pulls the air in from the back. I have not heard of anyone with a Fast Forward top complain about fumes. Their top is a relatively flat design that does not create a negative pressure zone in the back. If someone has a FF top and can chime in, please do.
    RD, my beliefs is your,s will not have the same issue as BS and Twist.

• I believe the fumes from a rear exhaust and top are caused my the shape of the top. With the twisted and Bullet top they both slope up to a point and drastically drop off. Aerodynamically this creates a wall off negative pressure that pulls the air in from the back. I have not heard of anyone with a Fast Forward top complain about fumes. Their top is a relatively flat design that does not create a negative pressure zone in the back. If someone has a FF top and can chime in, please do.
    RD, my beliefs is your,s will not have the same issue as BS and Twist.

The FF top and the UP Top are the same top. See post #545 I also have the Welter Duals of which I forgot to add on that post.

• Will MeanSling, LLC. now has a new (used) corporate tow vehicle (7,700lb towing capacity). It will handle the twisties as we head to the twisties.
    Joking aside I had to be very frugal with my money as most of the proceeds from selling the Jeep are going back into MeanSling. It took some time but was able to find what i was looking for. I have a hard time driving something common... go figure. I think it's gonna look cool with the MeanSling logo along top of the back window and two small ones on either rear quarter windows! :thumbsup:

Really a great deal with all service records and owned by a Porsche fanatic here in ATL.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• You got that beauty for less than $15k @Ruptured Duck? How many miles? Did he have another? ;):D

Get this.... It does have high miles but is in better shape than any other vehicle I was looking at in my price range. Now, are you sitting down? I got it for $6500 :whistling:

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Nice ruptured duck. Very familiar with these things. We have had two, turbo models. If you need any help wrenching I have most of the tools. I'm sure with those mileage the plastic coolant pipes have been replaced with metal. Major known issue with these.

• Nice ruptured duck. Very familiar with these things. We have had two, turbo models. If you need any help wrenching I have most of the tools. I'm sure with those mileage the plastic coolant pipes have been replaced with metal. Major known issue with these.

@VIPNiSS yes this one has had all the known issues fixed. from the rear lift struts to the aluminum cooling pipes. Both the front and the rear drive shafts and all the other common problems have been fixed. Appreciate the offer regarding the tools.

I looked at all kinds of vehicle options. Anything truck or truck based were either well over 200K for anything that even looked nice or if it did have lower miles had a ratted out interior. When I compared reliability The Porsche looked no different than any other vehicle. When I even looked up replacement part cost I was rather surprised but then again I do own a BMW X6 as well. I'm just a sucker for things like this.

First big maintenance item will be front rotors and pads. They are not Auto-Zone Ford Escape cheap but really not as bad as you would think.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• That is spectacular. It looks so clean and cared for. I need to check your area when car searching next year. Great buy RD! :thumbsup:

Well I had to fish through a TON of broker owned vehicles pretending to be privately owned (Craigslist sucks regarding this). Most had lived a good bit of their life in the north. That rust thing is not for me so i also purchased CarFax for any I was interested in. This was a great source regarding a staring point when I went to look at something.
    This Cayenne is a 2 owner car that has lived its full life here in the Atlanta area. Local dealer with all the history if i needed to know anything.

Got to be careful with the Cayenne, Q7, VW SUV's when buying used. Because they have hit the low point in price you will see those people buying them that cannot afford to take care of them. When they go to sell you really don't know what you are going to get.

For $6500 I don't think I could have done any better for an SUV here in ATL.

(Slingshot Owners Group)