** EDITORIAL ** Let's help our friends instead of chastising them.

• ** EDITORIAL **

Okay, this in my OPINION and mine alone. This is not directed to anybody in particular. If you resemble this remark, then perhaps take my insight for what it's worth - absolutely nothing. But I gotta speak up.

I have seen quite a few people posting threads of "I want to do "X" to my Slingshot". Instead of pointing them in the right direction to where they can get more information, I have seen many responses along the lines of "Why would you do that? It's stupid."

I would think we would want to HELP our Slingshot community instead of driving them away. Let's help get them to the proper information for them to make the proper decision. I know most of us have been to shows and seen someone else's work. There are quite a few things I've seen that I don't care for, but I can appreciate the effort and work put into it. And it's not my decision to make anyways.

As an example, I'll go back to the beginning of the Slingshot when people were asking about automatic transmission conversions. There were many comments along the line of "leave it manual, it's more fun, blah blah blah". Folks, that's not for us to decide. There may be specific reasons someone may need a modification that we know nothing about. It's not our responsibility to make them change their mind, but to help them get the proper information to make their own informed decision. And as we all know, look where the automatics are now.

If you see someone ask about something, point them in the right direction. Let's help our brothers and sisters instead of turning them away.

Thank you for your time. (Stepping off soap box now.)

• Great observation and commentary chavey2 . We're not on this planet to judge but rather to entertain ourselves and possibly others.

While I'm here, I've been wanting to convert my Slingshot to a 2-wheeler. I know I can't remove the rear wheel since the whole ass-end would drag. Looking for opinions on whether I should remove the driver's or passenger front. All opinions are welcome.

Sorry chavey2 , everyone KNOWS I'm a dick!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Great observation and commentary chavey2 . We're not on this planet to judge but rather to entertain ourselves and possibly others.

While I'm here, I've been wanting to convert my Slingshot to a 2-wheeler. I know I can't remove the rear wheel since the whole ass-end would drag. Looking for opinions on whether I should remove the driver's or passenger front. All opinions are welcome.

Sorry chavey2 , everyone KNOWS I'm a dick!

And only from someone in WA....maybe I can get Harvey to work on one for you to use when your in the 'MidWest' this summer.

• Hmmm, I don't see anything wrong asking why someone would do a mod? Does that mean we can't say we don't like the mod? Free speech you know.

I agree that it's OK to express your opinion, good or bad, especially when it's been solicited. However, there is a difference between saying you don't like it and calling someone out for doing it, and I believe that is what chavey2 is talking about. There's no benefit from being snarky. After all, we're all adults, right?

OK, some of us struggle with adulthood. Most of us. Maybe all of us? I mean, we all bought Slingshots so there's that...

• Asking why someone would do a mod is one thing but commenting on the distaste of said mod is quite another.

I was taught that if you couldn't say something good to just keep it to yourself!

We've lost a lot of OG over negativity and rude distasteful comments

I'm here to learn what I can and to help anyone I can and not knock on anyone else's work.

Just my .02 cents

• TWO-CENTS.gifTWO-CENTS.gifTWO-CENTS.gifTWO-CENTS.gif

Now someone has a Dime to spend on a new 'mod'. I usually my my 10 cents in the gas tank.

• One of the things I believe makes the Slingshot so special is that it is the perfect canvas for each of us to draw on. we can each make it whatever we want. There is no "right" or "wrong" to it there is only "whats right for you the owner." I love looking at what others here have chosen to do with their slingshot "art" - just because it might be something I personally dont want to do with my art does not make it wrong - its not for me.

So do what makes you happy with your slingshot. if it puts a smile on you face then no one can tell you it wrong

JMO

Edit - also personally I don't want others to do what I have done. I like that there is no other just like my Cage Free - She is one of a kind - She is mine!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I learned long ago that if you go around telling people what you don't like, you're going to offend someone. If you're with your buddies that's one thing, but if you're in a room full of people and say you think a particular car is ugly, someone either has one or knows someone who does. If it's a Prius it'll be a whole lotta someones. I mostly keep it to myself in my wise old age. Unless I don't like you. Then it's game on!

• I am thinking of having a camo wrap put on my Slingshot I think the dirt and cat tracks would just make it look natural. A 50cal on the hood would be nice also.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I learned long ago that if you go around telling people what you don't like, you're going to offend someone. If you're with your buddies that's one thing, but if you're in a room full of people and say you think a particular car is ugly, someone either has one or knows someone who does. If it's a Prius it'll be a whole lotta someones. I mostly keep it to myself in my wise old age. Unless I don't like you. Then it's game on!

And that is why we like picking on Doug....

• I can remember once upon a time WAY back on the “other” forum when I said I was going to chrome my Sling out I got many negative comments to the point of “you can’t do that”. Being the hard headed SOB I am I did it. I have chrome pieces on my Sling that as far as I know nobody else has. That combined with the “wrap” I have won 5 different competitions for best paint and theme. Mine looks good to me and I don’t give a shit if somebody doesn’t like it. Everybody has taste - some good - some bad - but it’s their’s - who am I or anyone to criticize what they have created. That’s why they have chocolate and vanilla ice cream—your choice!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I can remember once upon a time WAY back on the “other” forum when I said I was going to chrome my Sling out I got many negative comments to the point of “you can’t do that”. Being the hard headed SOB I am I did it. I have chrome pieces on my Sling that as far as I know nobody else has. That combined with the “wrap” I have won 5 different competitions for best paint and theme. Mine looks good to me and I don’t give a shit if somebody doesn’t like it. Everybody has taste - some good - some bad - but it’s their’s - who am I or anyone to criticize what they have created. That’s why they have chocolate and vanilla ice cream—your choice!!!

And we really love to pick on this great machine.

And sometimes Bill gets to drive it. Neatest paint job I've every seen, just don't let Bill know I said that.