New SL owner Central Florida

• I've been looking at Slingshots for about 3 years, but always too late at end of year to order, limited production.

Went out to Daytona dealer last week and they had several on the lot. Bought a new Storm Gray SL (my last Harley and my current Dodge Challenger are Gray)

45 years of riding Harleys,but had a crash in the 80's resulting in 3 compressed lumbar fractures. Dealt with the pain riding for decades, but longer rides on a 850 lb bagger wasnt what it used to be so time for a change,

Letting it go was like a bad divorce lol.

2023 Storm Gray SL, Rode Harleys 45 years, U.S. Army Tank Driver Vet, Retired Fire Department

:GRAYSS:

Wolves Don't Lose Sleep Over the Opinion of Sheep

• Welcome and Enjoy Your new Venture into 3 wheeling....

It starts out as a ride of getting comfortable leaving the 2 wheel world.

But it is not that easy..

As you ride this slingshot you will want to go into corners faster if you were a

cornering driver on 2 wheelers ..

So now that question starts better suspension.Brakes and even Induction system .

Welcome and let us know how you will build the New SS

Note if you were a 2 wheel rider and did cross country and traveled in every kind of weather

and rain riding doing 70 mph STOP..

With any of these 3 wheelers you want to slow down and maybe even pull over in any kind

of bad weather.. these 3 wheelers hydroplane and just giving you a heads up.

I found out myself what these 3 wheelers are like in rain..

• Welcome aboard, Many on this forum are form the same path. I still ride two wheels with my local HOG chapter. Both are great but the slingshot has some great advantages as you can use it to combine a joy ride with a trip to pick up groceries etc. And of course when the grandkids come to visit, they love to take turns riding.

• Welcome! I sold my bagger almost 4 years ago and have not been happier with my Sling!!

Great group of folks on this forum for sure =)

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• Welcome.

As some others have sort of said, hide your Credit Card for a while. These get addicting. And expensive. Quick. (Many of us have more in accessory $ than the price of the original SS.) Get some seat time and see what others have done before you go out buying things. We all have stories of something we bought, then replaced with something else later.

BTW, there are 2 Slingshot Shows in your area coming up in March. SlingFest in Tampa (<--these are links to the events) on 3/24-26 and Slingshot Roadsters Miami-Keys 3/30-4/2. Both of these would be good to go to see what other people have done, what you like, and what you don't like. Quite a few suppliers of SS goods will be at both. Hate to say it, but check Facebook as this is where most of them are posted.

• Welcome to the best forum for the Slingshot! There are a ton of knowledgeable people here always willing to help and share knowledge. I rode for years until my son was born so I can relate to it being hard to let go. But its great you found a platform to keep you happy enjoying the open air and be pain free. Feel free to reach out with any questions here in a DM or my direct email is kyle@zzperformance.com Definitely get out to some shows. You'll meet a ton of great people and meet the vendors. The largest show is in Maggie Valley NC about 8.5hrs North of you. This year it is May 30th - June 3rd. Lots of vendors and usually a few hundred Slingshots. I'd be surprised if you couldn't find a group coming up from your area to ride with. You can see the events here https://slingshotroadsters.com/pages/events Enjoy the new ride!

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Welcome to our little family. Thank you for your service.

Biggest thing is get seat time, hide credit cards for couple months and keep waving and smiling while riding.
    Maybe see you in Maggie.

Again, careful while driving in wet roads and rain.

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Welcome the the 3 wheeled world. There's a couple (at least) of other Slingshot owners in Deltona, so you might be able to hook up with them for some extra riding times or iteas on how to invest your money quickly.

But I'm confued about your line of "....like a bad divorce". Aren't all divorces GOOD divorces?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE