Rabtech's A.D.D engine build. :-)

• Oh shit, the last time we saw the title of a thread using the words "Rabtech" and "ADD" together, the forum started to go downhill, the best of the best bailed out and a new forum was created. Please don't tell me we have to move again. ;););););)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• @rabtech

Technically, you are on the same project.

Get the crank balanced. Just do it. Its not much more work to get it done. Initially I didn't do it, and the engine does vibrate a lot more even if total weight on the rotating assembly is 8g less with the forged components, the weight is not at the same place as the oem rods. The big end on the rods are much heavier than stock, and the piston is much lighter, so overall its lighter, but the balance is way off.

Just get it done.

This is my engine now, crank is gone with rods and pistons to get balanced.

(You need to send the crank, rods with bearings, pistons and rings, flywheel with bolts and crank pulley with bolt.)

Also, if you plan on replacing the valve springs, yyou should shave some of the area around the valves to get more clearance around the springs. Most aftermarket springs have a bit larger OD, not much, but enough to get very close to sides.

Also, if your pistons have a longer skirt than the stock one and the exit a bit at the bottom of the sleave, you want to sand the bottom of the sleave round so that its not razor sharp anymore. This will prevent the skirt from scuffing on the sleeve.

Anyways, this is what I have found out in this adventure up to now.

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• Thanks iNewton. I was worried when I heard yours clacking in that video. I want everyone's engine to run at its full potential.

I have not mentioned this yet on the forum but I have a special engine builder that will be building my engine.

I am pulled over on the side of the road now replying. Buy later tonight I'll unveil the engine builders.

• OK, I'm home now. I need to clarify....

Before I go any further I need to make sure that the company I mentioned can even slow down and talk to me. I am not positive they can.

And its actually two companies that are less than 3 miles from my house that build some of the most beastly Chevy and Ford Engines.

I would just feel a lot better letting someone that builds dragster engines EVERY DAY build it IF POSSIBLE.

Ill go ahead and let y'all see who it is.. BUT its NO guarantee that they can or WILL touch it. If not, its not a big deal. I can do it.

Bennett Racing is the engine builder.
    Pressurized Solutions is the sister company.
    KBX Performance AKA Bennett Racing

They are all three right here 3 miles from me... And I will be asking Jonathan Bennett about my build this week.

So we will see how it goes...

Here is some eye candy... They specialize in V8 engines but they have built some of the fastest Ecotec engines.
    Before I even dig for any of that old info I will see if its even possible for them to do my engine first....

VIDEO - Another motor out the door at Bennett Racing…

VIDEO - Jared Johnston's Gen III X275 motor is ready…

KBX - Project Ultimate Street

Now PlayingKBX Performance1:39am ... Late hours testing0:08

• @rabtech, I'm on @'iNewton''s side on this. You'll be kicking yourself if you don't have the crank, rods, pistons, etc. balanced and blueprinted since you're doing all the other work. I'd understand if it was just head work or pistons, but once you go rods, you really need to do the whole enchilada! Also, there's a slight performance gain from this (compared to the added boost), but the majority of it is livability and reliability. Not to mention piece of mind!!!

• And you will get to see every part of the build if I can talk them into building it.

Dont get me wrong, I absolutely can do the build myself. But when you have access to a high school classmate that built one of the fastest Ecotec engines EVER you should try to talk him into doing it.... :D

Don't forget me brother I am in on this project

let me know if he will do more than 1 at a time and I will find a donor or buy one from him

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I know MACAWS. I did receive some information today that may change this whole engine build. They were supposed to call tonigt but I accidentally fell asleep. Im sure they will call today.

I am just waiting on their call and seeing what they have to offer. I will pick my final direction of travel soon...

• well, this thread is over my head... but im interested in seeing how it turns out. Husband has mechanical background, as well as building computer systems, and computer repair for the family, @rabtech, your an IT tech, but obviously you learned mechanics at some point.. whats the background?

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)