Dealers that don't do any wait service?

• Yeah, my experience is definitely one where while the staff are friendly enough, they are still learning about these things. Plus, waiting isn't really an option at my dealer as he owns a small older location where they sold a few quads and side by side out of. He has no room for a wait.

Luckily, Tim Hortons and McDonalds are right across the road. Time well wasted :)

But thanks to these forums, I will say this, I go in more informed than I do when it comes to my cars. I am usually bringing in news of fixes and stuff way faster than they are informed. Still waiting on my stereo fix though. Going to start getting grumpy about this real soon.

• I have never had to schedule or wait more than 30 minutes. I usually walk in the dealership and say hello to the sales staff as I walk back to talk directly to the mechanic,. We talk for a couple of minutes and he has me pull the SS or Vic around and they do the work.
    Your dealership's priorities are not right.

• I bought mine from Cherokee Cycles in Greer, SC on Hwy 14... and have gone back for every servicing and any problem I might have... Let me tell you, they are about 45 mins from me bout are awesome... I call make an appointment and show up at the scheduled time....never had any problems and always go out of their way to do me and the SSS right... I highly recommend them to anybody needing work done in the Upstate of SC.

I'm very glad to hear that, since I'll be living in Greenville this time next year. Good to know there's such a good dealer/service location so close.

• My dealer, Northway Sports in East Bethel MN is awesome! Mechanics are up on the latest issues, great to talk to.
    Always make an appointment that is kept while I go to the bar next door for a beer and a sandwich.

Back when I had bearing issues and it had to do some overnighters, they put it in the shop overnight.

Great dealership.

• Coleman Powersports here in Woodbridge VA.... terrible - everything is about appointment now matter how small or quick...SO I go elsewhere if I need anything.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• except for when fast red went on life support, my SL was never left overnight. Did I wait- damn right- The guy who works on my SL is the service mgr, and is constantly interrupted by other mechanics, or the minions, or customers with questions. In spite of it all- he manages to get it done- THAT DAY, and let's me back in the bay, observing, watching, and occasionally helping. The wait is worth it to me- He and I have an agreement- minions (shop hands), are qualified ONLY to wash my SL- NO WRENCHING! (Yeah- I know- everybody has to learn sometime- but NOT on mine!)

• Well I have 2 other dealerships in the Pittsburgh, PA area i will call Monday.

I just don't like it being warranty work when i am at a dealer that i didn't buy it from. The warranty labor rate is lower for them.

• My dealer has never had wait service they are usually really busy. But will run out and take a look if I pull up with an issue. They know I do a lot of my own maintenance. So the SS tech will give me some guidance on how to resolve my issue. I think the problem most dealers have I know my does is that the SS is so big. They don't have the room. The last two times I scheduled a appointment it was there for the day dropped of in the morning and picked up in the afternoon. And overnight and they even overnighted the part so they could get me out of there. Even the service manager told me were set up for ATVs motorcycles and watercraft not cars.

• I just ran into the no wait issue! My dealer in Lake Havasu, AZ always makes appts and knows I will wait.

Since I'm traveling, I called All Out Cycles in Chesapeake, VA about 10,000 mile service the beginning of August before I drive across country for Slingshots Across America. 'Bring it in, leave it and we'll have it done in a day or two' and $285. Nope, I will look elsewhere.

• I just ran into the no wait issue! My dealer in Lake Havasu, AZ always makes appts and knows I will wait.

Since I'm traveling, I called All Out Cycles in Chesapeake, VA about 10,000 mile service the beginning of August before I drive across country for Slingshots Across America. 'Bring it in, leave it and we'll have it done in a day or two' and $285. Nope, I will look elsewhere.

$285.00 for an Oil Change??? Oh My....

• $285.00 for an Oil Change??? Oh My....

And you have to wait a day or two. Now that is not looking out for your customers, that is flat out abuse. I just bought the Mobile 1 five quart for about $26 and the K&N filter for $11 to do it myself. HOLY SHIT $285 for 30 minutes at the most.

And you have to wait a day or two. Now that is not looking out for your customers, that is flat out abuse.

Yeah, they're my local dealer. They're not bad guys, but their service area is small, and they don't have but a couple techs. You can make an appointment with them, and they will turn it around in a couple hours (and they have loaner bikes for you during that time), but they just can't handle walkins. Sucks.

They charge $150 for the service package out of the owner's manual without the oil change, so that must mean they value the oil change at $135. Pretty damn steep. What's a reasonable amount to pay for the whole service list, including oil change?

• My bearings went to hell for the first time this past weekend. Took it to my dealer on Saturday and they said maybe on Wednesday. No specific date. Sucks... Sitting in the garage until who knows when...