Dealers that don't do any wait service?

• My dealer i bought from suddenly decided they were not doing any slingshot work scheduled or walkin as wait. Only oil changes!

I have never had a motorcycle dealer that's like that. Yes got to schedule but they would work on a Saturday or definitely a weekday with a wait appointment.

I hate to take to another dealer i didn't buy from for warranty work. I live 1.5 hours from my dealer.

• My dealer i bought from suddenly decided they were not doing any slingshot work scheduled or walkin as wait. Only oil changes!

I have never had a motorcycle dealer that's like that. Yes got to schedule but they would work on a Saturday or definitely a weekday with a wait appointment.

I hate to take to another dealer i didn't buy from for warranty work. I live 1.5 hours from my dealer.

Think you answered your own question since you're too far away to deal with going back and forth. If they're aware of that and not willing to work with you, your next statement to them should be that you'll never buy from them again and let others on the forums know their policy. How close is the next dealer?

• Probably 45 min

Time well spent if that dealer steps up and takes care of you!!!!
    My dealer is about 45 minutes away as well...but they do try and take care of me. North Star Powersports in Hermitage, Pa.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• This was for the fix for the brake. Which I confirmed all ok yesterday. And they call 24 hours later to cancel me

I made appointment a week ago

The moment after a dealer cancelled a pre-scheduled appointment for warranty work I would be blowing up the Polaris "customer service" line ......

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• This kinda crap gets my goat. This is where I find out who the manager/owner is and they get my call. Regarding service after the sale, get clarification. If the answer is unsatisfactory, don't threaten or get hot. Just inform him that he is going lose out on a lot after sale money. Inform him that as an individual there is not much you can do about his policy. But as an individual and the interest expressed by hordes of people who see your Slingshot and your affilation with a large base of Slingshot forums, you have the potential to stop numerous buyers from even considering his place of business. If the potential buyer never sets foot on that property, he has a no sale.

It could have been a miscommunication with the service department or maybe someone put in for vacation that week.

As for "walk-in", I have never done that with a dealer I purchased from. My time is valuable and I don't have time to sit and wait to see if they can get to me. I did have a dealer tell me they don't schedule appointments once. Told them to schedule me and get the work done. If not, the dealer 35 miles out would be more than happy to take my money. Guess they made an exception and it got done.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

Edited once, last by airoutlaw ().

• I sent a gal into my dealership for a 5000 mile service & warranty work. They knew she would have to wait, as she lived quite a distance. (they knew this up front) They actually drove her to the movie theater, and picked her up, so she wouldn't have to sit at the dealership all day........ It was still a long ordeal, as she had brake light issues, hood alignment, etc, in addition to maintenance- but it is nice to have a dealer who tries!

• The moment after a dealer cancelled a pre-scheduled appointment for warranty work I would be blowing up the Polaris "customer service" line ......

After the first call from the service manager blaming the tech writer for scheduling. He said he would call me back. Note... they have done Saturday wait service for me twice before once last month and one in fall last year.

The dealership manager calls me back and then tells me that will do no wait services. I have to leave it there even if i schedule on a weekday way in advance

• But back on topic does your dealers offer you the ability to do up to say 3 hour job as wait appointment?

nope. We call and say we have a problem. Drive 50 miles for someone to literally LOOK at it... and say.. "yep you got a problem.. go talk to receptionist and schedule an appointment for us to fix it." || Drive 50 miles home, then return for another 50, and back.... in two vehicles, btw... :| I am disgruntled right now. Dealer took in our ss on tuesday for belt tension check/clicking noise, rear ball bearing checked and/or replaced, a double nut for the axle, and ecu update... called yesterday (3 days later) to see if it was ready for pick up.. nope... they had to order the double nut and was waiting on those parts. Steve asked about the other issues and what they had found... the response he got was "we havent looked at anything really." WTH! Meanwhile, the week we have the most time off to drive 100 miles to pick up and drop off is almost over, still no ss, no repairs been done, and next week is our 60 hour long work week..... thanks a lot! Oh! X( at your convienance polaris, not ours! ! ! :00000003:
    Quite disgruntled. I would like to have the ss fixed promptly, and returned. Not sitting around, with people laying tools foods on it, using it as a table.... collecting dust while warm weather and my off days are happening. "We havent really looked at it...." :00007956::00000024::00000030::00008862:

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• I honestly believe most of these dealers don't know how to do things to the Sling besides oil changes so it's a leaning curve and there learning as they go. (reason they probably don't want people hanging around / watching)Talking to my Dealer that's the fuzzy feel I got in a short conversation. DEALER looked and my sling and were almost baffled as to how I did certain things. They do not have space and everything is a wait or drop off. Anything that would take any time (over shop hours) means Slings stays outside over night..NEVER HAPPEN!!

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• I honestly believe most of these dealers don't know how to do things to the Sling besides oil changes so it's a leaning curve and there learning as they go. (reason they probably don't want people hanging around / watching)Talking to my Dealer that's the fuzzy feel I got in a short conversation. DEALER looked and my sling and were almost baffled as to how I did certain things. They do not have space and everything is a wait or drop off. Anything that would take any time (over shop hours) means Slings stays outside over night..NEVER HAPPEN!!

You nailed it @BONES!! My feeling too when I go to the dealer. Mine is nice enough, but I get the distinct feeling that they have limited experience so far, and lean towards talking people out of certain service work if possible. They even drug their heals when I talked about the re-flash for my steering issue. I'm super happy that my dealer allows me to go into the service area though. At least I can see how the work gets done, and even lend a hand. Definitely helps my anal retentive/OCD side regarding attention to detail, scuffs/scratches, etc.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I tend to educate them from stuff on the forums or from stuff i learned at SSITS from the polaris engineer. The tech is good. But the management doesn't let him do anything.

I seen him work. I also just walk into the small town and get food at a local restaurant so no need for waiting area.

And speaking to the polaris factory reps at SSITS they said well we don't have much influence as all the dealers are independent reps.

• While I have heard some horror stories about the problems some of you are having with your Dealers, not ALL are bad or just plain assholes....most care about their products and customers...you just have tosearch around for the right fit for you and your SS.

I bought mine from Cherokee Cycles in Greer, SC on Hwy 14... and have gone back for every servicing and any problem I might have... Let me tell you, they are about 45 mins from me bout are awesome... I call make an appointment and show up at the scheduled time....never had any problems and always go out of their way to do me and the SSS right... I highly recommend them to anybody needing work done in the Upstate of SC.

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'