Ideas on Fixing This?

• Was cleaning up my Sling today and noticed this crack in the plastic trim. Anyone dealt with this before and was able to fix it without replacing the entire trim piece? It you replace one you might as well replace both then it gets really expensive. Just looking for ideas

• Liquid Steel I think it is called at the auto supply store. The left side on Sling I cracked last year. Been running with the patch ever since with no problems. Figure out a way to hold it together and put enough epoxy to hold it together and let cure and then I did a little build up for a second coat on both sides.

• I had the same thing happen in the same spot and I took a piece of plastic from a old car panel I had laying around and sanded both the underside of fender and the panel which I cut a strip to fit underneath and coated it with epoxy and clamped it in place and left it for a few hours and so far its been good for a couple yrs

• I am hoping this plastic used in our Slingshots is not the same used in the hood of my John Deere X300. The Sun causes the plastic to get brittle after many years of baking in the Sun. The hood started to crack and then broke in half. The hood is not very big but cost around $350 with no trim or hardware. I tried all the tricks on the internet to fix it it just broke in a new area. I maybe wrong but I believe the plastic in the Slingshots is ABS not sure about the John Deere. I think most of you guys keep your Slingshots inside or under cover. My John Deere lived outside. I now have backed my bass boat far enough out the back of the boat shed to get the Sling inside.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Not sure if the material is the same but there are repair kits for motorcycle trunks that do a great job.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2018 Slingshot SL

Sunset Red

Reading, PA 19606

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Havent had any issue like this with my 2016 SL, but then again I keep it garaged all the time. Go for a ride and back to garage. Next weekend, same thing.

I got to say, Polaris needs to bump up the quality control and resolve some of the more common issues. I love my SS but there are some cheap ass parts in it and some really badly designed sections. After market is so much better but it costs a small fortune to replace all the stock junk. Almost done with my $5000 stereo. SSV works makes some damn good speaker pods!

• Don’t know for sure, but. I think that hood buttons might help prevent the vibration/flapping that leads to this. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Dealing with it is one thing, that looks like a stress crack. Any thoughts on what caused it? This is the first time I have seen or heard of this happening....

Still under warranty? I would run this by Polaris just to see how they handle it.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• Dealing with it is one thing, that looks like a stress crack. Any thoughts on what caused it? This is the first time I have seen or heard of this happening....

Still under warranty? I would run this by Polaris just to see how they handle it.

Nah it's a few months out of warranty but they wouldn't do anything about it anyway. I took mine up to dealer while it was under warranty for the screws snapping off in the plastic trim near the base of the windshield and Polaris said they wouldn't cover it. There is an issue with the plastic trim on the hood getting brittle and breaking. I'm sure the engine heat has a lot to do with it. I'll just do what others recommend in here. That's why this place is great.