Check Engine code 65620.

• Just to be clear on my stance.

This is my 2nd brand new vehicle purchase ever. The first was my EVO and because of me babying it so much, it's NEVER given me a mechanical problem except ONE time I was racing a Mustang GT and the water pump went out. Other than that, I've had no other defects to the car in 14yrs.

My stance is, baby a brand new vehicle and it will treat you right. I bought the SS for pleasure driving only. Hence, I don't have to drive it all the time just because it's a new car and I need to 'get my money's worth'. Vehicles with low miles are valued more than ones with lots of miles. I may not ever trade this one in, but I may depending on what the later gens have. Low miles would make the resale value optimal. Also, these things may end up being classics and the low miles ones will be worth more.

In any case, I'm in it for the long haul. TX is just too damn hot to enjoy riding everyday and there's way too many dumb drivers out there. I'd feel more comfortable cruising really early in the morning, and preferably on the weekends. I also prefer to 'not care about miles' after the loan is paid off. :)

• @Aceman, I have owned 54 vehicles. Bought all of them to drive. Including my Lotus, Vettes, Jag, and other sports cars. Your standard warranty is only 2 years and 24K. I did lots of mods on my first SS, my 2nd SS, and my wife’s SS. Still changing stuff.
    I’m not rich so I don’t buy vehicles as an investment. As far as that goes, rarely are mass produced vehicles ever worth much unless you can hang onto it for 40-50 years. Then, if you are really lucky and picked one of the few vehicles that people really want, and gas is still available and everything hasn’t gone electric, you might get your money back or make a little bit. The stock market is much more profitable.

• @Aceman, it's yours and you are the one to decide what you want to do with it. I get the heat in TX, and that you drive it for pleasure. I drive mine for pleasure too, and I do it often. I broke mine in easy, then after 500 miles on it I started driving it more like I wanted. I may cruise along at 60 in 5th for hours. I may ride through the wooded areas at 25 MPH all day. Or, like Sunday, I bounced it off the rev limiter twice. There are times I drive it like it needs to last my lifetime, and there are times I drive it like I just stole it. Depends on my mood. Enjoy it however you want, you are paying the bill.....

I will say this, and most here will agree. Slingshots haven't been stellar so far for holding value. I've seen 2016.5's with 2,500 miles and extras listed for as low as $16,500 asking price. I, for my own thinking on this, feel that the value in them is the experience of driving them. And I'm glad that some aren't putting many miles on them. Some day down the road, when mine has enough miles, I'll sell it and put some cash with that and buy one of the low mileage ones I'm seeing out there daily. Then I'll drive that one, and drive it often. Had I researched it more, there are two things I'd change, and are the only regrets I have with the Slingshot. I'd have bought used, low mileage for much less, and I'd not have bought the Corbin bags! Especially regret that last one! :00008356:

• Including my Lotus, Vettes, Jag, and other sports cars. I’m not rich

54 cehicles including the ones mentioned above...you may not be rich but you sure as hell arent struggling...I applaud you sir in the way you have managed your career and earnings! :thumbsup:

Do you give sound financial advice? :whistling:

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• Well, back to the original problem. I was told today that the wiring harness is on backorder from Polaris. This is after being told last week that the harness has shipped and should be in by wednesday or thursday of last week. so, who is lying, the dealer, Polaris, or both?
    According to the dealer, I was told this morning that the back ordered part will be from 4 to 6 weeks to arrive. To me that's BULL SHIT. why does Polaris do this kinda thing to its customers. I took the factory tour a month ago and I didn't see any shortage of parts being used to manufacture new units. Granted mine isn't a new unit but why cant they pull a single wiring harness out and ship it to repair a down unit?

Rant Over for now, I'm pissed

:00000003::00000004::00007983::ORANGESS:

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• so sorry @MWSlingshot that does suck even if you could explain it - wish there was something that could be done to speed up the process but other than calling some of the largest dealers in the country to see if they have one on hand and are willing to give it up until the new one from Polaris arrives I can't think of any options - sorry sir

• @MWSlingshot that truly bites. I believe that Polaris needs to step up the service work and part availablity. The dealerships shouldn't be required to carry everything, but should have a few of about all parts that are possible to fail in different places in each region. There is just no reason that the Mother Ship shouldn't be able to produce one for you within 10 days max. If they are running that close on them, they need to have more made and kept on hand. More and more Slingshots out there, what happens when there are 60,000 of them? Will it be a 3 month wait for the part then? Polaris needs to address the customer service or they will find that people don't want to buy the products. Word gets out, good or bad.

• so sorry @MWSlingshot that does suck even if you could explain it - wish there was something that could be done to speed up the process but other than calling some of the largest dealers in the country to see if they have one on hand and are willing to give it up until the new one from Polaris arrives I can't think of any options - sorry sir

I don't know if it would help, but I'd get the warranty case # or whatever from the dealer and then start calling Polaris directly to see what they say about expediting your repair or making this right in some other way.

@MWSlingshot that truly bites. I believe that Polaris needs to step up the service work and part availablity. The dealerships shouldn't be required to carry everything, but should have a few of about all parts that are possible to fail in different places in each region. There is just no reason that the Mother Ship shouldn't be able to produce one for you within 10 days max. If they are running that close on them, they need to have more made and kept on hand. More and more Slingshots out there, what happens when there are 60,000 of them? Will it be a 3 month wait for the part then? Polaris needs to address the customer service or they will find that people don't want to buy the products. Word gets out, good or bad.

I just received a phone call from the dealership and was told that after a discussion with the factory and part manager the wiring harness will be pulled from the line and shipping expedited out today. It should arrive at the dealer tomorrow or Thursday.
    I’m hoping that’s really going to happen and I might get it back by the weekend.
    My only problem is this is a final attempt to fix a problem that they can’t find.
    It will be great if it works but if not I’m going to ask Polaris for a new Sling.

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• I just received a phone call from the dealership and was told that after a discussion with the factory and part manager the wiring harness will be pulled from the line and shipping expedited out today. It should arrive at the dealer tomorrow or Thursday.I’m hoping that’s really going to happen and I might get it back by the weekend.
    My only problem is this is a final attempt to fix a problem that they can’t find.
    It will be great if it works but if not I’m going to ask Polaris for a new Sling.

@MWSlingshot Thats is fantastic news....I truly hope it happens and it does fix the problem once and for all.

SSREAPER

PS
    Have Matches ...will travel

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• This is depressing to hear and makes me want to keep the SS garaged. I've already come to accept it's a pleasure vehicle only and shouldn't be driven even 1x/week.

Rarely a day I miss riding. Only time I don’t ride is if I know there is going to be serious rain or snow/ice. My riding rule when I rode to work all the time was1) If it’s projected to hit 40 deg, ride
    2) if the rain chance is under 40%, ride
    @HeRSling still works (to support our SS habits :00008359: ) and she drove in 25-30 deg many times.

I'll chime in late here. I don't get as manu miled as @FunCycle or @EjFord or others, but I drive it nearly every day also. I drive it to work at 25 degrees or up, and below 100, and those are just my personal comfort thresholds. And my personal weather threshold is 20% chance of rain or I'll go more if the radar is clear.

Vehicles with low miles are valued more than ones with lots of miles. I may not ever trade this one in, but I may depending on what the later gens have. Low miles would make the resale value optimal. Also, these things may end up being classics and the low miles ones will be worth more.

I know you've heard this already, but....not this machine. Your trade-in value is in the good times behind the wheel.

Also, you should look into a MeanSling top. :D

• @Aceman, I have owned 54 vehicles. Bought all of them to drive. Including my Lotus, Vettes, Jag, and other sports cars. Your standard warranty is only 2 years and 24K. I did lots of mods on my first SS, my 2nd SS, and my wife’s SS. Still changing stuff.
    I’m not rich so I don’t buy vehicles as an investment. As far as that goes, rarely are mass produced vehicles ever worth much unless you can hang onto it for 40-50 years. Then, if you are really lucky and picked one of the few vehicles that people really want, and gas is still available and everything hasn’t gone electric, you might get your money back or make a little bit. The stock market is much more profitable.

100% agree with the stock market comment. But their are cars that go for a shit ton more than they did when they were released and they aren't so old -- Supra, RX7 3rd gen, Buick GTX, Cyclone, etc..

• It is called “just in time” manufacturing. The necessary parts are ordered to arrive on the day of installation. Reduces inventory vary costs and taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• @Aceman, Cyclone is a perfect example. 69 cost about 3500 new. One in concours condition is worth around $24,000. About a 4% return over 40 years. $3500 in the market that has averaged about 10% over that time would now be worth about $400,000 and at just 7% it would be about $110,000. I’ll stick with the market to make money.

• @Aceman, Cyclone is a perfect example. 69 cost about 3500 new. One in concours condition is worth around $24,000. About a 4% return over 40 years. $3500 in the market that has averaged about 10% over that time would now be worth about $400,000 and at just 7% it would be about $110,000. I’ll stick with the market to make money.

Soooooo any good tips you could pass my way. :thumbsup:

SSREAPER

• Soooooo any good tips you could pass my way. :thumbsup:
    SSREAPER

Put the max you can in your 401K and never pull it out when people panic and the market drops. Remember, if the market crashes, no ones investments are worth anything so you might as well hold onto whatever investments you have. Some will come back or it won't make a difference. One of the lowest (safest) performing mutual funds payed a dividend every quarter since inception. Even through the depression. Cars are totally subject to luck. If you happen to buy one that people are willing to pay for 40-50 years from now (and everything doesn't convert to electric or some other energy source) then you will get a little bit of return. Odds are very much against that.