Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I wonder about the numbers they are using. When I finally went to bed yesterday morning, it was as Trump was making his acceptance speech, he had just received his 270+ electoral votes and he had the popular vote by 1.3 million. AK, AZ, MN, WIS, Mich and NH were all the states left to be "Pronounced". He was ahead in all but NH and Minn. Where did she sunnendly surge forward and over come his 1.3 million vote lead???

California pushed her ahead, and now there are rumblings of "Calexit". I find myself wholeheartedly supporting that idea... although for completely different reasons.

• I never think you should call an entire group, race, religion or gender names or lump them in with a few bad ones. A couple weeks ago some racist Trump supporters vandalized, defaced and set on fire a church down south. Do I now assume all Trump supporters are racist vandals? NO, because that is illogical and very false.

The majority of Democrats aren't doing any of the things or saying any of the things you mention. Just like the majority of Republicans aren't doing or saying all the bad things some republicans have done or said. People really need to judge others on an individual basis and stop lumping them into a stereotype.

I completely agree with you. That is why I think it is wrong to base ones beliefs on a couple of idiots as has been done in previous posts. Just because a few have done things that are wrong, I as a conservative should not be compared to them (or be called a deplorable). Why is it racists to say all Illegal Aliens should be deported and a barrier should be built to keep illegals out of the country? It has been said we need to take care of the illegals according to the law of the land, not the Black, Mexican, Asian, etc. as the Politicians has stated. Those kind of actions are what stirs the hatred when the media magnifies them.

• I have been out having a ball all day but gotta throw my 2 cents in now. These wet behind the ears, self serving, don't know shit, have no respect, dickheads that are out rioting, beating up innocent folks for exercising their right to vote for the candidate of their choice ARE NOT THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY OR REPRESENTATIVE THEREOF!!! We are all never going to agree completely on policy and that is the basis of our political system. They should be dealt with harshly and prosecuted vigorously for any crimes committed! Now back to @Noel Hughes Toy Run and more Patron & Pineapple!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

Edited once, last by Bill Martin ().

• California pushed her ahead, and now there are rumblings of "Calexit". I find myself wholeheartedly supporting that idea.

Hey-- no offense, but American here- just happen to reside in a gorgeous state that has temporarily gone brain-dead.... I would have to move if that ever happened, 'cuz like I said- American first! (not a prayer of secession ever transpiring, IMHO)

• I have been careful to not bring up the KKK racism because that will cause one heck of an argument from those who live in Arkansas. There were close ties in the past between the Clinton's and the KKK, the grand wizard lived about 20 miles north of Little Rock for many years.
    Truth be told...I would like to continue this discussion over a beer one day. You bring a lot of substance to a conversation. I am used to talking about this because two of my four kids are left leaning and I am proud of their choice because they can discuss it with facts and not whine about it. Notice I said I was proud of them, not happy. :D

• I have intentionally stayed away from this thread and topic for so many reasons.

I was sent this and thought it was spot on. Bit of a rant, but it's a left leaning guy explaining why Trump won. He ironically captures many of the frustrations and anger that the conservatives have felt the past 8 years.

For full disclosure, I was so disappointed with any of our choices, I "protested" by withholding my vote in the presidential race but voted all the local races.

So, I don't advocate for either side but am interested in understanding.

https://www.facebook.com/viralthread/videos/598130190359668/

• There is no difference when it comes to being whiny little cry babies because things didn't go your way.

Does this apply to SS owners waiting on recall repairs? :eek:

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

So now Mr. Khan says Trump "has not extended a hand of courtesy ... or affection.", blames him directly that the riots continue, threatens to give him a "civics lesson" himself, and says the protests "may only expand and get more difficult" .....

"We are told by our leadership that we must come together and we must accept him as our leader.....Wait a minute, it does not work that way."
    Khizr Khan - 11/12/2016

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited 3 times, last by Orangeman: Sp :( ().