Anyone driven with out the windshield?

• Not sure I will get the stinger roof yet...but the wife is near albino so she might want me to break down and get it. lol

The Madstad is awesome, and I am like your wife with pasty white skin so the Twist top was a must have for these Florida days

• Picked up my base ss last week and have put about 500 miles on with no shield wearing only goggles. If it weren't for the love bugs I would have been grinning the whole time. Never rode my bike without a helmet so the wind noise is BIG in the ss but second day out I popped in some earbuds and amazon music made it perfect. What did we do before smart phones? Only real complaint is the sand blasting from other vehicles. That being said I have been searching the forums for advice and I am leaning towards a madstad 9"blade. I would hate to loose all the airflow with all the heat down here. I haven't had this much fun since I was a kid!

• In Florida (and probably anywhere else) to ride one of these without a windshield is playing Russian Roulette with whatever wants to fly your way. Case in point. Take a look at what went over my stock windshield traveling at 86 mph hitting my right shoulder, bouncing to the seat headrest and rear panel, before falling on the passenger floor board. To give you an idea of the size, I placed him on the hood next to the turbo emblem. I can't imagine riding with no shield and having this hit you in the face. You can see his exploded internals on the panel. NASTY

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I have the stock SL windshield. Bought the Double Bubbles, but haven't put them on yet. I might be the only one of the planet, but I love turbulence (well, wind anyways). The best thing about a power boat is the blast of wind when you're moving. I should also add that I'm in Florida, so no helmet and hot temps. Having said that, everything I've read about the Madstad is that's is great for eliminating turbulence, which is why I got the Double Bubbles instead (and where everyone says there's tons of turbulence). I'll report back once I put them on.

• I'm in Florida and have the double bubble as well. I can't use it on trips (too much wind noise and makes for a real long trip). Don't plan on carrying on any conversations with your rider with the db installed. It does get a lot more air to lower the cabin temps, but there's that huge trade-off in the wind. It does enhance the visuals in my opinion.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• You won't be disappointed by the Madstad. It's excellent. Fully raised you get plenty of air flow in the cabin without a ton of turbulence. I have the 9" blade. The 11 would probably be too big for most riders and I'm willing to bet the 7 is pretty great for the hotter climates.

• you might see how much the blade alone in- I have heard, (unlike canopies), it is reasonable!

I have been working with Blair at Madstad...the regular blades are only $110 to $140 depending on tint. They also have custom colors they don't list on the site.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Picked up my base ss last week and have put about 500 miles on with no shield wearing only goggles. If it weren't for the love bugs I would have been grinning the whole time. Never rode my bike without a helmet so the wind noise is BIG in the ss but second day out I popped in some earbuds and amazon music made it perfect. What did we do before smart phones? Only real complaint is the sand blasting from other vehicles. That being said I have been searching the forums for advice and I am leaning towards a madstad 9"blade. I would hate to loose all the airflow with all the heat down here. I haven't had this much fun since I was a kid!

I have to agree on the Madstad, 7in for me. I'm also in Florida. The ability to provide windflow under the screen makes all the difference. So much quieter and creates negative air pressure to remove some heat (not all).

Home of the free - because of the brave

• I have been working with Blair at Madstad...the regular blades are only $110 to $140 depending on tint. They also have custom colors they don't list on the site.

I have just purchased a 11" madstad from another member. Couldn't pass on the price but would love to have 7/9" for the summer and reserve the 11" for the late fall winter. I'm 6'2" but very long torso. Only have a 31" inseam so I don't believe seeing over the 11" will be a problem, I just may want a little more cabin breeze during the 100 degree summer days here in SC.

How do I get In touch with them? I have emailed through site but no response. Should I go through SM or cycle springs?

Thanks for input.

When your dreams at night disappoint you because your reality kicks their ass...you know you have figured out life.

• I have just purchased a 11" madstad from another member. Couldn't pass on the price but would love to have 7/9" for the summer and reserve the 11" for the late fall winter. I'm 6'2" but very long torso. Only have a 31" inseam so I don't believe seeing over the 11" will be a problem, I just may want a little more cabin breeze during the 100 degree summer days here in SC.
    How do I get In touch with them? I have emailed through site but no response. Should I go through SM or cycle springs?

Thanks for input.

I've got similar set up, both an 9" and a 7"..I've found that, indeed the 7" gives much more air but also about the same turbulence as the stock SS blade windshield. The 9" is a wonder inasmuch as there's reasonable airflow but almost no turbulence. I had same issue, they are sometimes slow on their email response, just call them--good folks!