• Any link to where to purchase these kits? I am not necessarily ready to buy one. However, I just wanna review options for my trial and error set up. I am doing 1/4 mile runs with a slick so it will be different than normal driving conditions. We will find out this friday if my belt slips/skips a tooth. That is why I am just doing research.

Don't worry about the belt slipping ... you won't be able to hear it over the laughter ...

You almost can't find a worse vehicle to take to the drag strip ...... just not its forte' ....

............ confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• What are the options for a Chain upgrade to replace the Belt drive? Anyone have links to different versions? Anyone installed one?

gotta ask why? Messy & if issue it breaks and whips can cause damage. That's the big reason why companys got away from chain

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• I wonder which vendor will be the first to offer an aftermarket pulley set. The swing arm design wouldn't allow for a huge change, but, a smaller rear and a larger front pulley would increase rear wheel speed over stock with the same output.
    Thoughts @Dave@DDMWorks @Jeff@DDMWorks ?

All i can say is yep.... you named them....

in due time...

• I don't have the noise either but after getting it back from the swing arm update I started paying more attention to the tension. Picked it up at the dealer and the belt was very tight. I asked about that and dealer replied it was set to Polaris specs and he wouldn't adjust it any looser. I said fine and drove it the 50 miles home. The belt was so tight when I got home that the spring gauge wouldn't deflect the belt at all. So, I took a temperature reading on the swing arm at both wheel bearings. Belt side was 104 degree and the wheel side was 110 degrees. Belt was 92 degrees. This seemed to be a bit high for a day that was 54 degrees. I reset the belt tension to 7/8 inch cold and took it for a 40 min trip at 74 degrees out. Swing arm temp at the bearings was now 84 on belt side and 101 at the wheel side. Belt temp was 89 degrees. The belt now had about 1/4 inch deflection with the gauge. I have no idea what a normal range in temperature is but I did see a drop when the belt tension was not as tight I wish I had thought to do these checks from the beginning when I bought the sling. All that being said, I was thinking a tensioner would possibly keep a constant tension during the cold to really hot days of summer.

Never kill a perfectly good liver with cheap liquor.

• Sorry to upset the pro-chain people, but...

I belive that it's the same belt as the one fitted on my Victory Vegas (sure looks the same to me).
    I have not had any problems with it on the bike and the only Victory that I have seen with a chain on, snapped a link right in front of me, when the rider was trying to show off.

I don't think a chain could be called an upgrade, more likely just a problem you should be expecting to happen. (But, it sure would look good).

All the best, from UK_Paul

Edited once, last by UK_Paul ().

• I have slipped my belt, with my Dealer tech in it.... when you do, you know it!!!!!!!!!
    It was not "that" loose but just enough, had dealer take it right back into shop were they tightened it up a tad more, still flexes but didn't jump a tooth again.

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• I have slipped my belt, with my Dealer tech in it.... when you do, you know it!!!!!!!!!
    It was not "that" loose but just enough, had dealer take it right back into shop were they tightened it up a tad more, still flexes but didn't jump a tooth again.

wow. I haven't ever slipped a tooth. But I have had my belt get to tight.

When you let the spring down on them (loosen the nut on the suspension) it will lower the rear section and when it does the belt will tighten up. Mine was banjo tight one day and I noticed that it was because I had loosened the rear spring way to much.

• It Pops so loud and you feel it. Mine had about 1 and 7/8th inch deflection. I measured it with tape measure from ground, kind of tricky to do. I just did a hard burn out with the tech showing off the SC, then took off and hot wheel really hooked up and that's when it popped, tech looked over at me and like what the hell?? I said oh yea, that's 2nd time that done that, check my belt tension...lol
    They snugged it up, but not over tight, been perfect ever since.

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil: