Super or Turbo Charger for MyToy

• Lol love the memes! Ok... from my understanding. A Supercharger is a safer bet on the engine while the turbo can be more problematic if you do not have a built engine. Would you find that this is accurate information?

To me... the real question is... Which is more fun? I don't care about top end speed (I have bikes for that) I want more power into the corners and on take off. I like to "slide". In otherwords, i like to bang gears in the SS compared to hitting 75-80 and staying in 5th.

@rabtech @Rob @WraithSS @Bill Martin

• OK I am loving all of this but I think I am going to do one better.

Gonna fire up the SS and go for a ride.....That will make me smile

^^^ What he said!! ^^^
    Later today may be the first chance I have to go for a rip since last November!!! It's been a loooong winter so far for me folks..........

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I am probably the only one who doesn't know but why does @rabtech Sling produce 510 WHP while everyone else is stuck in the high 300.

The closest i have seen here is @MACAWS @ 382WHP.

I know this was probably discussed in one of the build threads but i just don't want to read all of them so if one of you would be so kind to enlighten this grasshopper. ;(

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I am probably the only one who doesn't know but why does @rabtech Sling produce 510 WHP while everyone else is stuck in the high 300.

The closest i have seen here is @MACAWS @ 382WHP.

I know this was probably discussed in one of the build threads but i just don't want to read all of them so if one of you would be so kind to enlighten this grasshopper. ;(

Wait for @rabtech to answer that question!! I think it gives him wood explaining it to ya :00008172::00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Lol love the memes! Ok... from my understanding. A Supercharger is a safer bet on the engine while the turbo can be more problematic if you do not have a built engine. Would you find that this is accurate information?

To me... the real question is... Which is more fun? I don't care about top end speed (I have bikes for that) I want more power into the corners and on take off. I like to "slide". In otherwords, i like to bang gears in the SS compared to hitting 75-80 and staying in 5th.

@rabtech @Rob @WraithSS @Bill Martin

@Mateo it depends on what your definition of "is" is. @Bill Martin and I drove each others. His turbo kicks some major ass. Which one is more powerful? I would saw they are about the same. He has a better tire on the back so all that power goes to the ground. I have the stock Kenda on mine and it just spins in 1st through 3rd.

@Dave@DDMWorks wrote a good post about the pros and cons of both here. Dave @ DDM Works Supercharger and Turbo Info

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Ok... from my understanding. A Supercharger is a safer bet on the engine while the turbo can be more problematic if you do not have a built engine. Would you find that this is accurate information?

No, Turbos and superchargers are identical in risk. 8psi is 8psi.

Both are safe if they are setup to put out no more than 300hp.

(as safe as any other modification that squeezes more air in an engine)

• Wait for @rabtech to answer that question!! I think it gives him wood explaining it to ya :00008172::00008172:

I can explain it. When I posted the 510hp dyno graph it was on a unloaded dyno wheel. HOWEVER it really needs to have the eddie current running to provide resistance...

When we turned it on and made that run I put down 473hp and I cant remember the torque. So either way you want to look at it I'm about 100hp over the next in line. I will tell everyone that it is just a matter of time before I get kicked off the hill.

I have not been able to get a good run without the exhaust restriction on the new Alpha system I have. I was going Thursday 19th to DDM to do some fancy exhaust work but things came up. So i have it scheduled for this coming Thursday.

I have been quiet lately because there hasn't been anything that has been remarkable on my setup. Maybe next Thursday ill have some news.

• Basically my numbers are legit. And they are real. But they were made by throwing the dice and saying "go for it".

I do not recommend , endorse, or think anyone should be shooting for those numbers with the stock ECU and stock fuel pump.

I could have never ran at that level on a safe basis. It would have leaned out and popped.

However,,,,,, It is my belief if you can throw a football 200 yards one time. You can always say you threw the ball 200 yards... :thumbup::thumbup:

• I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• A regular football

IMG_3572.JPG

Or, a Brady football?! :D

IMG_3573.JPG

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014