SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2016 (Tue, May 31st 2016 - Sun, Jun 5th 2016)

Date

SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2016

Tue, May 31st 2016 - Sun, Jun 5th 2016

Maggie Valley, NC, USA

Participants

19 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: May 30th 2016, 7:00 pm
  • Lots of you finally got to meet my bride during the rally. She asked me to tell all of you how much she enjoyed meeting all you guys & gals. For those of you telling me she is keeping me alive (lol) I dug this out of the ancient history vault and thought I would let ya see why I chased her like a hound chases a rabbit.....and still do

Bill

It was great to finally meet you and your lovely bride. I can see why the 2 of you are so good together, she is just as crazy as you are.
    Next year for SSITS I think we should get as many of us together as possible and plan our own get together. There must be a bar or something we can rent for the evening.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Bill
    It was great to finally meet you and your lovely bride. I can see why the 2 of you are so good together, she is just as crazy as you are.
    Next year for SSITS I think we should get as many of us together as possible and plan our own get together. There must be a bar or something we can rent for the evening.

I made up my mind already / gonna rent a BIG cabin so we all can have a place to hang out and visit - and drink!!!! Thanks for the kind words Mitch - was a real pleasure to meet ya!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Here is the link to the video. It has no audio. But I believe it has Macaw and Bill and I in this one. And it has a group from another videoing session.

Im sure they wanted to get something online quick so that is probably why it has no audio and is short. I cant wait for the final videos....

Video851views5comments

• It was great seeing some new faces and finally getting to put a face to a screen name. Now I'll know who's calling me out and saying I'm wrong. The good thing about having CRS, is you get to meet people all over again next year. Those whose names I do remember probably will know who you are. I hate to name names since I'm sure I'll leave out a lot of those who I know I met for the first time. But the worst part is knowing there were plenty others there who I didn't get a chance to meet. My loss for sure. You all are wonderful people, mostly crazy, and make one large family. Next year I'm hoping to meet a lot more of you and to spend some quality time riding, bench racing, and all around B S ing with you with or without a campfire

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Here is the link to the video. It has no audio. But I believe it has Macaw and Bill and I in this one. And it has a group from another videoing session.

Im sure they wanted to get something online quick so that is probably why it has no audio and is short. I cant wait for the final videos....

Video851views5comments

over 1200 views by this morning. Nice!

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Thanks @StickerDick.... You worked so much and put together a great day for so many of us to enjoy. The ride and the Scenic Views was breath taking. Here are a few pics of Mark doing what he does so well....Never sleeps just work work and more work... Thanks brother for making this a great event.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• I made it home and only had to stop six times because the rain was so hard I could not see! The slingshot handled very good except in standing water at 70 mph down the interstate ... Then a little Squirrley at times.
    Being able to meet forum members in person was an absolute life's treat! I know I'm going to miss some names here but I've got to thank a few.
    @mniron fixed my fender flop which was one of my greatest complaints with the slingshot and he did it in style sweating in the heat the whole time!
    Thanks to @Cameron Roberts , @Tango , TheRock , @WOLF , @pigmanfu for letting this old man ride with the Pack.... These are some of the greatest guys I've ever had the privilege to meet! Not only that but their "better halves" are just as amazing!

Special thanks to @Tango for proving the Dragon couldn't handle the V-8 and I pushed the twisties hard and was constantly slowing him down! Well done sir!

@SlingRider put up with me in the same room for the week and didn't complain about my snores or hogging the bathroom.
    Thanks to @DKF Texas for riding to Nashville to ride down with us and @BlackDeath for giving us a Boston accent we could make fun of!!!

I met @Ruptured Duck and he is even more genuine than I suspected.... What a beautiful mind!

The Forum Family is truly like no other. It is very special and worth keeping. Thank you all for letting me be a part of it!

• There was one accident i know of during the rides. He had it Towed back to Florida i heard. Over compensated on curve.

One accident on way home two nights ago. Hydroplaned. Totalled sling. But he is ok what i heard.

All just rumors. Don't know who they were.

• You slipped off early! Thank you for coming down Painter. The party tent wouldn't have been the same without you!

• @Painter Glad you made it back safe. The pleasure was all mine getting to meet you in person. The complement is returned to you 10 fold. I would gather there is not a single person on this Forum or the other that would not agree.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Heavy rain 3 times the last one was right 1 hour from home. On Highway anything over 50 caused the sling to hydroplane. Had to go 45 with hazard lights.

When hydroplane it pulled right toward guard rails. I'm guessing that the road crown was the reason

Video851views5comments

I was able to get up to the SSITS event mid afternoon on Saturday. Met a few people from the forum, visited all of the vendors, and took a number of pictures of the rides.

Impressive mods, custom paint, creature comforts additions, and performance improvements.

You could see and hear the community aspect of the event - people assisting each other, sharing ideas, telling tales, and just enjoying everyone's company.

Managed to win 2 items during the raffle - the Alpha shift adapter and shift knob and the Alpha coil cover. Literally the first time I won a prize in a raffle.

The video and the personal videos that many have shared make me think of other ways the Sling could be used.

As an avid bicyclist and fan of the Tour De France, my first thought was to use Slings during the Tour de France bicycle race - mount TV cameras facing forward and aft, have room for 2 passengers, and the wider stance of the Sling would help creatge a wider path for the riders towards the tops of the mountain climbs.

Lead a 4th of July parade

Be the pace car at a local race track - could mount the necessary light bars on the roll bars (how about pacing the Indy 500!)

Will look to spend more time at SSITS in 2017.

Safe travels.

• Enjoyed meeting @Bill Martin...an awesome guy. Soon as we meet, Bill greeted me with a bear hug...Love you brother. You and your wife very sincere - I had to take a few pics of fantastic SS.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• As promised, video of the parade in Maggie Valley. All the sights and sounds with none of the smells.

We departed Maggie Valley Sunday morning and hit rain at Ducktown. Seems appropriate. Had to duck off the road twice in the Ocoee river and lake area due to torrential downpours. Didn't bother the rafters any, they were havin' a ball. Rain cleared before Chattanooga, some sprinkles. Fair ride til about 30 minutes from home when the sky dumped again. In the garage about 4:00pm and road time done.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS: